Last November (2013) I took AOFMs total pro course and since then I have become a full time makeup artist with a number of publications and have worked on some very exciting projects and I'm sure many more to come. There are ENDLESS reasons as to why this course is EXCELLENT and will list my TOP 5!
1. Everyday you are taught by a different teacher. These are working makeup artists, who are current, successful and well-known. They have worked with celebrities and brands you know, on films you know and featured in magazines you know. This means you get to absorb a variety of techniques and industry tips. Learning about the industry has been absolutely CRUCIAL for me.
2. Classes consist of roughly 16 pupils. Before I started the course, I was worried this would be too many people. I WAS WRONG!! Paired up with different class members everyday gives you the benefit of experiencing a variety of skin tones and skin types. This is imperative as a makeup artist. As well as this, by the end of the course, you will have 15 new friends! :)
3. The course exposes you to a huge variety of makeup products! Bobbi Brown, Armani, Chanel, Dior, Laura Mercia, MAC, Makeup Forever, Nars, Smashbox, Benefit, Temptu, Airbase, Dermalogica....the list is endless!!!
4. AFTERCARE is one of the main reasons I took the course. You are able to kick start your career through a variety of assisting opportunities offered by AOFM.... working on photoshoots, fashion shows, fashion films and so forth. Within the first two months of completing the course, I was doing makeup for Mens Fashion Week. You also get to attend AOFM masterclasses for the rest of your life!! Yes! Even when the course is finished!! Two weeks ago I attended a masterclass run by Dani Fonseca, responsible for creating the infamous look for Lady Gaga's "born this way" music video.
5. Last but not least - AOFM have high standards! And rightly so. It is an intense course, so expect to work hard. You have to earn your qualification and this only prepares you for the real world of makeup artistry.