1st Contact Reviews

98% of reviewers recommend 1st Contact

About 1st Contact: In 1996, we saw the opportunity to create a service that provides speedy, secure and cost-effective international money transfers at competitive exchange rates.

Forex services were traditionally provided by the high street banks and larger money transfer agents, but we knew that we could do better. Money transfer services are just one of the many hundreds of services that banks offer, and let’s be honest, it’s impossible to master them all.

We were right. For more than 20 years, we’ve built a business out of refining and mastering the money transfer service. To date we have over 50,000 registered clients and do over 120,000 transactions per year.

Our goal was, and is, to give clients the ability to transfer money internationally, from anywhere and at any time.

+44 (0) 207 759 7550

Tell us how 1st Contact made you happy

Telephone, Email, Live Chat
Under an hour
"Site is easy to navigate through, the transfer was easy, fast and trouble free. Would recommend."
"Speedy and efficient and trouble-free...and every fifth transfer is free..cool!"
"Really good system. Easy to use."
"Very easy system and very fast. Having some free transaction every now and then also a bonus."
"I've been using 1st Contact for a while now and it's always a seamless transaction. I rest easy knowing I can easily transfer Euros to my SA account without any issue."
"Always get excellant currency rates. Transfers are quick and smooth. Security conscious"
"Ist Contact Visa are always pleased to receive my calls and answer questions in regards to visa applications and transferring funds from the UK to SA. At this current moment, I am dealing with Kristy Francis from the Cape Town office and excellent service and always patient with every query. Kirsty Francis is thorough and her responses are speedy and put your mind at ease. I will always deal with this company. 1st Contact Visa help with my process of emigration to the UK nearly 8 years ago and I have since then referred family and friends to your excellent service. And currently busy with an application for a visit visa for my son. Thank you"
"Prompt, supportive and reliable!"
"Have used 1st contact for many years and they have Very prompt and speedy money transfers. Their free transfer are always a plus and a great way of recognising valued customers."
"Quick services and good prices. What I should need more. Thanks"
"Very impressed with the start to the finish of doing overseas payments. Been a computer technically challenged that I am , their assistance has been fantastic. They reply quickly to my emails and even called me. Much better experience than last company I dealt with."
"Did my first transfer last week (1st of Nov) and a day later my money was in my SA bank account. Brilliant! Just as brilliant was the customer service I received from Ms Shelley Naude, who not only answered all my questions in no time, but also assisted and guided me through the whole process. Thank you once again."
"The best online company to use for sending money abroad. The customer service is excellent and the online process is very easy, quick and straight forward. Best FX rates by far. Well done 1st contact keep up the good work."
"Very easy to use, extremely helpful and efficient service"
"Always answer the phone promptly and efficiently. Totally reliable which alleviates any worries. An excellent service!"
"Fast, efficient and easy to use. Would highly recommend for overseas transfers. I have been using 1st Contact for years and have never been disappointed with their impeccable service."
"Always helpful"
"The process is relatively straight forward and can be relied upon. It would be nice if banking details or paypal could added to your website instead of having to go and do a direct debit..."
"I have been dealing with the company for a long time and I am Very much satisfied with the service Before you know it, the money is gone and received by the recipient Excellent work"
"I have used 1st Contact for money transfers for 13 years they are always reliable and very professional if I need any alterations done after submitting a request. Thank you for the peace of mind and the friendly response and service."
1st Contact is rated 4.86 based on 189 reviews