ao.com Reviews

Could Be Better
Read ao.com Reviews

customerservices@ao.com

AO World PLC 5a The Parklands Lostock

Tell us how ao.com made you happy
ao.com 5 star review on 15th October 2020
ao.com 2 star review on 22nd October 2017
Jennifer
ao.com 1 star review on 29th September 2020
ao.com 1 star review on 29th September 2020
Washing machine due to be delivered today 04/12/18 and was informed when ordering it would be between 7am - 7pm, received a text on day of delivery stating delivery will be between 3pm - 7pm, then got a call from driver at 6pm informing me it would now be between 7pm - 8pm. she said they are running late due to be late loading this morning, therefore i’m sure i could have been informed earlier than 6pm as they must have known they were going to be late with deliveries.
Absolutely awful! Been waiting for our cooker to arrive all week.
Received txt and email saying it will be with you by 14:00 only to be told the delivery was canceled due to the driver couldn’t get up the hill.... the same Hill I drive up everyday in a much bigger lorry.. this company obviously employs incompetent drivers, we’ve been told it will be with us Wednesday.......we shall see. Very much doubt it.
Good to buy from - but if you need then to install - be very wary. Purchase process was good. Arrival was timely but during installation of hob the work-surface was damaged. The initial response from AO [while at all times polite] was poor. A claims process is now under way and in the meantime the work-surface is subject to water ingress and other consequential damage. This is my first experience with this company and while I am happy to purchase items from them, I would be very wary of allowing them near any installation work.
I ordered online for next day delivery, I received email notification that I would receive a message with a four hour window on the morning between 0630-0730. Next morning whilst brushing my teeth the phone rang, I called back 2 minutes later and driver said the road is blocked, I replied he must be in the estate next to me and I can direct him to where I am, he replied 'I've left now, book it back in' and cut me off. Customer service were understanding and attempted to contact the driver but he wouldn't reply so I've had to cancel the order. Such a shame that the delivery staff are letting the company down. I see this is not the first instance like this from the reviews so alarm bells should be ringing concerning this part of the operation.
Absolutely disgusting service, had a new fridge, the door was supposed to have been reveresed, the door was incorrectly done and Parts missing, they have been back several times fridge still not fixed!!
Toshiba tv, arrived on time. I didnt appreciate the phone call "to check they had the right details"though, a thinly veiled excuse to try and sell you a warranty. Unsolicited sales call i'd call it. Also tv appeared repackaged, no insulated protector on plug, mains cable crudely wrapped, box sellotaped, menu didnt ask if this was a first time installation when powered
My brand new electric cooker had a dent in and the bang was so hard it took the enamel off. I had to send an image and then phone them back. They offered me compensation to keep the appliance. Seeing as the enamel was damaged I said no. So they agreed to swap for a new one. However I had paid for fitting and recycling. Therefore my old cooker was gone. I could only have it swapped if it was NOT used. I'm a single dad with a 14yr old daughter who needed to be fed. I explained this and they insisted the appliance must not be used. Therefore I was forced to accept £50 compensation and keep the appliance. Simple disgraceful. I will never use again and will ensure I advice other not to either
Several weeks after they first tried to install a dishwasher it was returned yesterday fist dishwasher damaged second dishwasher arrived but could not install it as part missing 3 attempt not parts with them told them to take it away after being told they could get another one sent out within a couple of weeks. Assuming treatment well it would only be 5 weeks from order to installation
New (AEG) oven delivered and old one taken away. New oven did not work. So now no working oven. After phoning AO, then the manufacturer and then manufacturer's sub-contract repair company a visit was booked just under a week later with an all day time slot. Repair was made but after engineer left and I had time to try and use the machine I realised it still had a fault. Now have to go through same procedure again. Firstly AO delivered a faulty machine and then it appears to have no satisfactory way of rectifying their fault putting onus on customer.

Also I gave a negative review on their web site which appears to have been withheld so reading reviews on their web site has little value.
Ordered a washing machine which was delivered promptly and all seemed well however within a few months machine started to play up AO customer service poor they just point you towards the manufacturer to sort out issues irrespective of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 buyer beware all fine if your lucky not to have any issues if you do your on your own still trying to sort the problems out I am a very disappointed customer
The day before the order arrived we were called by ao.com who tried to pressurise us into buying an extended warranty; and when the order was delivered, although we'd paid for both the washing machine and dishwasher to be connected up, the delivery guys were in such a rush to get on to they next job that they did a bad job. Will use John Lewis in future
BOUGHT A LAPTOP CAME WITH OFFICE 365 AS PART OF THE DEAL .STILL WAITING THREE WEEKS LATER FOR THE OFFICE 365 PACKAGE TO EMAILED TO US.
RUBBISH SERVICE
I am a landlord and have used A o lots of times, they come on time and have never let me down. However I find that when you want something installing the driver looks for,. every excuse not to do it ,And the last two washing machines we purchased leaked when they had left. I will not use them again.Then you are left trying to get the £60 back for installation and removal of the old appliance.
Had a washing machine delivered for installation and removal of old one the 2 installers said my washing machine connection was wrong and they could not fit it do I was left with the old machine I told them to leave the new one I explained that the cut off switch was above they assured me I was wrong despite me having 4 previous machines in the past 15 years with no problems . I had to use a plumber who told me I was right all along they just couldn't be bothered to look or listen I had to pay more money and have the old machine taken away at an extra cost i will not use your firm again total waste of time what a day 😐
Still waiting on my fridge freezer after 9 days. I got a call last week from delivery an hour before they wanted to call. Obviously i was at work and couldnt get there. If i had more notice i could have arranged something. I rang ao to tell them they agreed it wasnt enough notice and said they would contact delivery and ring me back. Still waiting on the call and still waiting on the fridge freezer 9 days later. A very long wait in my opinion
The delivery has problems with communications and wildly changeable time slots from 3-7 and 4-8 then 5-9 and call r he driver is none existent as called about 10 times and no answer only two time was put through to answer machine and AO office unable to get through even though driver and mate
Given delivery date. You will be contacted bt text on morning of delivery. (No text received). You will be called and given a four hour delivery window. (No I was not).
Result of this I spent the whole day in the house unable to go out, only for the item not to be delivered at all.
Called AOL in the evening , only then to be told that delivery would not be till the next day.
You will get a call first thing in the morning from the delivery van .
( guess what? I did not. so there again I am stuck in the house in the hope that my product will be delivered SOMETIME today.
Apparently delivery will be with DPD . I must say that if I had know this then I would have bought elsewhere as we have a trouble with this delivery company before. It seems that if you live a little way out in the countryside and the drivers cannot be bothered to drive out then you just have to wait till they chose to do so.
This is my second Melitta filter coffee pot in 24 months. (The latter lasting only 7 months or so...) Both machines suffered the same defect. The coffee brews however I have to stand beside it and keep pushing the power button to finish brewing the full amount. Otherwise it keeps half the water in the carafe only brewing one cup at a time. It’s a brilliant machine that doesn’t burn the coffee, it’s just a shame it only lasts a few months.
ao.com 2 star review on 22nd October 2017
I ordered a black fridge freezer and a green one came through 🙄 Luckily it goes with the colour scheme as I can't be doing with the hassle of sorting it out, however it was not ideal!!!!
They sent me an ex demo unit
ao.com is rated 4.38 based on 3,815 reviews