ao.com Reviews

Could Be Better
Read ao.com Reviews

customerservices@ao.com

AO World PLC 5a The Parklands Lostock

Tell us how ao.com made you happy
Toshiba tv, arrived on time. I didnt appreciate the phone call "to check they had the right details"though, a thinly veiled excuse to try and sell you a warranty. Unsolicited sales call i'd call it. Also tv appeared repackaged, no insulated protector on plug, mains cable crudely wrapped, box sellotaped, menu didnt ask if this was a first time installation when powered
My brand new electric cooker had a dent in and the bang was so hard it took the enamel off. I had to send an image and then phone them back. They offered me compensation to keep the appliance. Seeing as the enamel was damaged I said no. So they agreed to swap for a new one. However I had paid for fitting and recycling. Therefore my old cooker was gone. I could only have it swapped if it was NOT used. I'm a single dad with a 14yr old daughter who needed to be fed. I explained this and they insisted the appliance must not be used. Therefore I was forced to accept £50 compensation and keep the appliance. Simple disgraceful. I will never use again and will ensure I advice other not to either
Several weeks after they first tried to install a dishwasher it was returned yesterday fist dishwasher damaged second dishwasher arrived but could not install it as part missing 3 attempt not parts with them told them to take it away after being told they could get another one sent out within a couple of weeks. Assuming treatment well it would only be 5 weeks from order to installation
New (AEG) oven delivered and old one taken away. New oven did not work. So now no working oven. After phoning AO, then the manufacturer and then manufacturer's sub-contract repair company a visit was booked just under a week later with an all day time slot. Repair was made but after engineer left and I had time to try and use the machine I realised it still had a fault. Now have to go through same procedure again. Firstly AO delivered a faulty machine and then it appears to have no satisfactory way of rectifying their fault putting onus on customer.

Also I gave a negative review on their web site which appears to have been withheld so reading reviews on their web site has little value.
Ordered a washing machine which was delivered promptly and all seemed well however within a few months machine started to play up AO customer service poor they just point you towards the manufacturer to sort out issues irrespective of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 buyer beware all fine if your lucky not to have any issues if you do your on your own still trying to sort the problems out I am a very disappointed customer
The day before the order arrived we were called by ao.com who tried to pressurise us into buying an extended warranty; and when the order was delivered, although we'd paid for both the washing machine and dishwasher to be connected up, the delivery guys were in such a rush to get on to they next job that they did a bad job. Will use John Lewis in future
BOUGHT A LAPTOP CAME WITH OFFICE 365 AS PART OF THE DEAL .STILL WAITING THREE WEEKS LATER FOR THE OFFICE 365 PACKAGE TO EMAILED TO US.
RUBBISH SERVICE
I am a landlord and have used A o lots of times, they come on time and have never let me down. However I find that when you want something installing the driver looks for,. every excuse not to do it ,And the last two washing machines we purchased leaked when they had left. I will not use them again.Then you are left trying to get the £60 back for installation and removal of the old appliance.
Had a washing machine delivered for installation and removal of old one the 2 installers said my washing machine connection was wrong and they could not fit it do I was left with the old machine I told them to leave the new one I explained that the cut off switch was above they assured me I was wrong despite me having 4 previous machines in the past 15 years with no problems . I had to use a plumber who told me I was right all along they just couldn't be bothered to look or listen I had to pay more money and have the old machine taken away at an extra cost i will not use your firm again total waste of time what a day 😐
Still waiting on my fridge freezer after 9 days. I got a call last week from delivery an hour before they wanted to call. Obviously i was at work and couldnt get there. If i had more notice i could have arranged something. I rang ao to tell them they agreed it wasnt enough notice and said they would contact delivery and ring me back. Still waiting on the call and still waiting on the fridge freezer 9 days later. A very long wait in my opinion
The delivery has problems with communications and wildly changeable time slots from 3-7 and 4-8 then 5-9 and call r he driver is none existent as called about 10 times and no answer only two time was put through to answer machine and AO office unable to get through even though driver and mate
Given delivery date. You will be contacted bt text on morning of delivery. (No text received). You will be called and given a four hour delivery window. (No I was not).
Result of this I spent the whole day in the house unable to go out, only for the item not to be delivered at all.
Called AOL in the evening , only then to be told that delivery would not be till the next day.
You will get a call first thing in the morning from the delivery van .
( guess what? I did not. so there again I am stuck in the house in the hope that my product will be delivered SOMETIME today.
Apparently delivery will be with DPD . I must say that if I had know this then I would have bought elsewhere as we have a trouble with this delivery company before. It seems that if you live a little way out in the countryside and the drivers cannot be bothered to drive out then you just have to wait till they chose to do so.
This is my second Melitta filter coffee pot in 24 months. (The latter lasting only 7 months or so...) Both machines suffered the same defect. The coffee brews however I have to stand beside it and keep pushing the power button to finish brewing the full amount. Otherwise it keeps half the water in the carafe only brewing one cup at a time. It’s a brilliant machine that doesn’t burn the coffee, it’s just a shame it only lasts a few months.
ao.com 2 star review on 22nd October 2017
I ordered a black fridge freezer and a green one came through 🙄 Luckily it goes with the colour scheme as I can't be doing with the hassle of sorting it out, however it was not ideal!!!!
They sent me an ex demo unit
Ordered hotpoint washer wanted old machine disconnected and taken away and new one installed which we paid for.when ao arrived they said they couldn't do it as there was a water leak they left i rang emergency plumber he was here 40 minutes and said there was nt a water leak under sink obviously the installers did not want to do the job
I phoned AO specifically to check that their collection and disposal service would cover my American fridge freezer, which is on the first floor. I gave them the size, make and model numbers, and described where it was, and was assured that it would be fine. Because AO seemed the most helpful, I ordered from them.
However, when the drivers got here they said they knew nothing about that arrangement and definitely wouldn't collect it because they have a policy of not carrying American fridge freezers more than 5-6 steps (and they checked this with AO, who confirmed). They had to take the new one away.
I found a company to take the old one away (cost £100), and when I asked AO to come back and just disconnect the old one and take it one step into the garden, they said they couldn't offer a disconnection service. I've paid £30 for installation, which I was told on the phone would cover this – it actually covers disconnection of the old appliance AND connection of a new one. But because I only needed disconnection and not connection, they said they didn't offer this service, even for the same price. Absolutely moronic.
They said they will 'see what they can do' but can't promise anything. So when they deliver tomorrow (four days, not one, after the order), I still don't know if they will simply move the old fridge freezer five feet out of the way.
The only reason I didn't order from John Lewis was because JL said they wouldn't move the old fridge freezer. I will definitely order from them next time!
Order No. AOL200645789

After my, almost 16 year old, Fridge Freezer died (making one heck of a mess) I placed an order with AO.com after having them recommended by several people...I am now left sitting very much on the fence regarding AO.

The website was easy to use, but I am not sure why it displays the comparison screen when adding an item (when said item was the first item added) - the reviews were helpful, but you should make it clear on the reviews which ones were made by people that were given the product for free. The video reviews were also helpful, but there are many products without those.

I placed my order on a Thursday, and was presented the opportunity to have delivery the next day - as I was work Mon-Fri I elected to have a Saturday delivery (interestingly Saturday was a paid delivery, Sunday was free!). As I had no Fridge I wanted this as early as possible.

Saturday came, I got an email at 0700 saying it was on the way...great! Then at 1200 I got a phone call (which I missed but a message was left), asking me to call customer services as my order was not on the way. After 20 minutes on hold I got through to an individual, who looked into the order and explained what had gone wrong. This both good and bad, good because the person did look into it and explained, but bad because the "depot" should not have made such a basic error - and double bad because it was the hottest week of the year and I had no fridge (no Coke, no Milk....no Ice Cream!). I was told that I could get delivery for Monday...alas not an option so I had to wait till the next Saturday. But my delivery was refunded.

So Saturday comes, and the delivery was a little beyond the provided window (only by half an hour), can't fault the drivers and they took the old dead appliance away as expected (with no prompting from me). I am now waiting for the new fridge/freezer to sit and settle before I switch it on, but I can't see any dents/scratches etc so hopefully all is good.

As I stated at the beginning I am now on the fence regarding AO. On the one hand mistakes can (and do) happen, on the other the problem was dealt with in an OK manner (really, you should have said "we will deliver it to you on Monday, after 1800 as you can't be at home before then"). Can I recommend AO? Sadly no. After reading several other reviews on this site it seems that my issue is, to be blunt, far to common for it to be considered an honest mistake.
AO.COM delivered a damaged cooker hood, twice! AO.COM were unable to deliver a third by the time our kitchen installers had finished the install. We now have to arrange for installers to come back at a later date.
Ordered a laptop seen on hotukdeals. Chose free delivery a few days ahead. Online tracking said delivery "today" but no time slot so checked by phone on morning of delivery day. Told that stock unavailable so cancellation required. Clearly either order should not have been accepted and/or delivery not promised. Inefficient not to let me know at least 48hrs earlier.
Won't use ao.com again and nor should you if you've any sense.
ao.com is rated 4.31 based on 3,130 reviews