Auto Europe Reviews

Over A Week
Read Auto Europe Reviews

39 Commercial St., Portland United States

Tell us how Auto Europe made you happy
Scammers! We filled in we wanted to hire the car from 4 to 5 October. The voucher we received said we rented the car from 5 to 8 October (this was literally impossible considering the price). We were put on hold when calling for 15 minutes and then the local car rent company told us we could just cancel it and order with them. Later, we called Auto Europe again and they told us we had to pay the full amount twice. Don't book at Auto Europe, they're scammers!
I booked hire car with Easirent via Auto Europe for a weekend in the UK landing into Gatwick. There was a 40 minute wait for the bus transfer to the car hire office which took 20 minutes. On arrival the office was just a dirty room at the back of the Crown Plaza hotel. There was a long queue because they only had three people working there and had run out of cars. I queued for 30 minutes to be told that they had no car for me. This was despite me booking in advance for a car at 10:30 and it was 11:30. I was in a hurry so I had to take an Uber to my appointment then a taxi to my final destination, amounting to £90 and similar in reverse the next day coming back to Gatwick airport for my flight. Auto Europe did not care either and have refused to refund my additional costs. This is the formal reply from Easirent via Auto Europe after 2 months: 'Dear partner, i have looked into the booking as requested unfortunately we do not cover any out of pocket expenses. Regards Chris'm My recommendation to everyone is not to be duped by the cheap prices of Easirent and pay a little more for a bigger name. Don't use Auto Europe either.
Got to the counter and was told our car had been given away as was over there 59 minute limit on time! Don't not book with these cowboys the articles are right, other firms don't do this but to provide the best rate they only provide fixed prices
Auto Europe is awful, I was delayed on the tarmac for 1hr 20min in the UK. When we arrived at the destination (Olbia, Italy) the car we had reserved had been given to someone else. I called Auto Europe they said there was nothing we could do and we would need to find another car at our own expense. I asked about a refund for the car that we did not get but they said we would have to pay for the full hire even though we did not have a car. I spoke the actual car hire company (Interent) and the said they would not charge Auto Europe for the car, but they have experience that they do this type of scam all the time.
Absolutely poor and customer service is bad. I wouldn’t recommend anybody to use them.
BEWARE - this company (at Ibiza airport) use Inter-rent as a handler andthey will use scare tactics to force you to upgrade the insurance at the time of collecting the vehicle - this will inevitably double (plus) the cost of the original car hire. DOUBLE BEWARE - This company also upgraded my vehicle (without my knowledge) and charged my credit card a 15Euro per day upgrade fee....even though I was not upgraded. IF IT LOOKS CHEAP - THERE'S A REASON!
Offered a different car to what I booked and paid for and despite 2 different calls to their office, have yet to come back to me (2 days after the incident) to resolve the issue. I had to book a very ex[pensive alternative option with e different company at the destination. DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY
When I wen to collect my pre booked car, I was told it wasn't available and not only that, they wouldn't try to find me an alternative. I was left stranded and out of pocket and they could not have cared less. I rented an alternative equivalent car which ended which cost a little more and when I tried to claim for the difference they refused to pay. Without doubt the worst customer service I've ever experienced. Yuliya G was particularly unpleasant to deal with it.
Went to pick up a car from Catania airport and because we were delayed by an hour because of the flight, the desk and shut and no one was avialable. Emergency number was an answerphone and when we contacted auto europe it was also an answer phone. This was 10 past 10 at night. Hired another car costing a fortune and when we contacted auto europe the morning after they just ignored all our questions and said it was outside there control. Morale of the story book direct
I was not allowed to hire my car and wasn't given any refund. This was because I had a debit card (and AmEx) rather than a credit card. A credit card over the phone wouldn't worth either. I was forced to pay again from the desk next door (Sixt) who hired me a car straight away and had no idea who Europe car (booked via Auto Europe) wouldn't allow me to hire. Yes, it does say in the small print on the attachment that you need a credit card but on the email confirmation bringing a credit card was listed as a 'top tip' with no mention of it being essential and the fact that a credit card over the phone wouldn't suffice. I get that technically they have covered their backs but they can EASILY make this more clear and they showed zero compassion or flexibility on the phone. They didn't even want to requote me using Sixt. They pocketed my £200 for doing nothing and I was forced to spend £360 for another car at the airport.
Cancellation policy is unacceptable. Not allowed to cancel at the same website that has no problem collecting your money. They could choose to refund, they just refuse. Our cruise was diverted from the port I would have rented the car from by bad weather. This is not customer service.
Takes my money, but cancel my booking because of later car pick up (delayed because of delayed flight arrival). No car, no money return in result
This website took full pre-payment for the car rental. When we show up at the rental venue (in Palermo) we were not authorised to get the car because the card that I used to pay was not suitable to hold a security deposit in case of any damages (the card is a debit one apparently, whilst this car rental only takes deposits via credit card). Customer service at the rental was awful, one of the most unprofessional I have ever seen. From the website Auto Europe there was no help, as their customer support number was invalid. Result: they screwed up my holidays and took money for a service I have never been given.
I booked a car through autoeurope (Auto Europe voucher number UK3414138-1 EUROPCAR) to collect from Naples airport for our holiday. We paid upfront and flew from the UK to Naples but we were refused the car by europcar (which is where autoeurope were supposed to have arranged for us to collect) we left the airport with no car and had to pay over 200 euros to get a taxi to our hotel. We then phoned autoeurope from our hotel to try and resolve the situation and they offered no solutions, no help, refused a refund and the agent actually seemed to be gloating that they were going to keep our money. I have had exactly the same uncaring response via email from autoeurope since returning from holiday and still no solutions or refund has been offered. So basically they have got my money and gave me no car in return. I am now in the process of trying to get my money back via my credit card. Thank god I paid by credit card and have protection that way. Do not use this company under any circumstances ever.
Auto Europe is rated 1.16 based on 94 reviews