Auto Europe Reviews

Auto Europe 1 star review on 12th September 2020
Ale
Auto Europe 1 star review on 12th September 2020
Ale
This firm are a disgrace! I work for NHS and have supported vulnerable adults through the pandemic without a day sick and have worked many extra hours. I took today off as annual leave to attend a funeral and booked a car to complete the 300 mile round trip. Yesterday I was told by Track and Trace to self isolate. I informed them within 30 minutes of finding out. They will not refund a penny. How many thousands of pounds have they been given in support of tax payers money? They don't care a fig about helping me. Don't go near them.
If you make a booking to rent one or more cars for let's say 30 days and you would be one day delayed or 4 hours, (doesn't matter) you would NOT be able to pick up that or those car for the whole duration of your stay AND you would not get a refund. So if you pre-paid $6000 to rent a car for a month or two cars for a 2 couple vacation and show up a few hours late, their fine print and what happened to us is that you would just have to eat up that cost, and rent another car for $6000 more 12K in total, experience terrible service and care from their customer care and they won't give you the car a day late, as it was "automatically canceled" and "no refunds can be issued" I tried to call and re-call and spoke in total to 4 different people and no one helped and they were at times extremely rude on the phone and we just had to pay, this company is just a big scam who hire people to make money for the business. They are Super polite when you want to RENT but if something goes wrong, you are screwed.
Total rip off. Had to cancel 1 hour into 48 cancellation period due to receiving positive Covid test. After much haggling was agreed my money would be returned minus £200 as ‘goodwill’. Still waiting over 6 weeks later and getting the complete run around. Avoid and book direct with car hire company itself.
Impossible to get a refund from them even if the car is not available. Customer service gives stock answers and are not interested in details of what occurred -
Completly useless ! Paid for a car at the airport, no car, no service, no answer on the phone number and no support from the emails either!!! Avoid avoid AVOID
Would give this company zero stars if I could. I booked with Dollar who stated clearly that I was able to use my debit card on purchasing- this was my main reasoning for using this company. I arrived on my holiday and had no indication why my deposit payment wasn't able to be processed... The machine said card declined when it came to paying my deposit at the airport desk. When I rang my bank, there was no indication that the transaction was even being attempted to be made, implying that the problem was with the company and not my bank. I spoke to Auto Europe directly on two occasions and in both instances was met with rude and condescending remarks regarding the possibility of a refund. The only alternative suggested was that my girlfriend be put on the booking which would cost an extra £300.00. Very in touch with the customer's financial standing during a global pandemic... Sent about 5 emails to the customer relations department before I got a reply. Had to send another 5 before I got another reply (exactly the same as the first- stock answer with no real substance or reasoning as to why Auto Europe would let me place an order with my debit card which I would not then be able to use upon arrival. SCAM
I have been using service from auto Europe from the very first time in 2014 when we rented a car on Fuetaventura for 5 and a half years. But last time my experience was completely spoiled by the requirements to provide a credit card to block some amount as usual and when I said that I never had one and usually used my debit card I have been told that it doesn't work that way anymore. I called to support in Auto Europe and explained the situation and I was told that they can't do anything about that and that I'm going to loose all money which I have already prepaid. When I tried to explain that previously I never had any problems I've been told to better read t&c. I said that this is emergency and I can't afford myself to loose 200 EUR and maybe there is some way to make one off exception for long time customer - the answer was that I should deal with my problems myself and this is not Auto Europe fault (what I totally accept). On my comment that they going to loose a customer forever they didn't reply anything. Sorry Auto Europe I will never going to use your service again. Ready to pay more, but to be normally treated. So long.
I had to pay £105 for what I had already booked and paid for. Just of the plane middle of the night I was conned
Auto Europe is awful, I was delayed on the tarmac for 1hr 20min in the UK. When we arrived at the destination (Olbia, Italy) the car we had reserved had been given to someone else. I called Auto Europe they said there was nothing we could do and we would need to find another car at our own expense. I asked about a refund for the car that we did not get but they said we would have to pay for the full hire even though we did not have a car. I spoke the actual car hire company (Interent) and the said they would not charge Auto Europe for the car, but they have experience that they do this type of scam all the time.
Auto Europe is rated 1.1 based on 104 reviews