Virgin Media Reviews

Returns & Refunds
Refunds Process
Difficult

Tell us how Virgin Media made you happy
My husband is literally trying to get thru as i type, he was put on hold, and the customer rep said she was transferring him to the rite dept, then another rep phoned him whilst on hold which he answered, and basically virgin have terrible customer relations, clearly have very little training, dont know much about anything that is trying to solve the problem, i.e phone has dial tone and can make calls and can make the calls however the routers are not strong enough to make my phone actually ring, so basically dont know when someone is phoning us, the actual phone has been tested and is perfectly fine, we have put into port 2 etc, all the diagnostics have been done, the individuals are not at fault the actual company is, terrible media company
I made the mistake of purchasing their broadband. £28 a month for: slow download speeds, intermittent connection and the wifi just going down altogether every now and then. I have complained a total of four times so far and have no resolution. In fact, Virgin Media just out right lie stating that they have attempted to call me, but I never have a missed call from them. They also emailed me to say that it was their fault and they were sending an engineer, and one never showed up. Once my year contract is up I will be leaving and never recommending Virgin Media to any friends or family.
Shocking to increase my bill without informing customers
Virgin are appalling, the worst company I've dealt with in a long time, their customer service representatives lie through their teeth and refuse to admit when they have made a mistake. Currently waiting for the end of my contract and I'm off to Sky
Everything.. worst service I’ve ever experienced anywhere.
Though the speeds are are advised at 100 mbps , I get an average of 10MBPs. Customer services team tells me that the only way I can get any better speed is to go wired to make it marginally better. I was with Sky fibre and I bet I was atleast getting 30Mbps. Worst service delivery and customer service. You are stuck with them till your contract expires. Still wondering why I switched .
Very poor cannot get an Engineer. Wifi constantly cutting off. When they called me to sell another package, I complained and they hung up on me. Really shoddy.
Have given VM one star if I could give this company minus five I would. Worst service delivery and customer service ever. Awful company in every respect, just glad I am now free and will never contract with Virgin Media again.
wifi cuts out 14 times a day and vigin never return any of my calls, they don’t give the refunds that they have promised over and over again please don’t get this wifi they are scamming you
I was planning to leave Virgin Media in October, than after talking to their dedicated team we have agreed a deal. After a few months I have realised that they were charging me for totally different amount. I complained on the 21st of January and they said they will investigate it. I have been waiting since than. I have called them today and been told that the complaint is still open and somehow they can not see the deal they offered had been accepted therefore they can not honour the deal. If you can't see any deal achieved why would you keep a complaint open and keep charging a higher amount? Totally unprofessional and unreliable . Stay away !
Rubish customer service. Wanted to cancel my contract. When i called cancellations they offer me to stay with £28 month for 18 month contract. 2 month later getting a letter stating price increase extra £3.50
Called customer service number of times saying you can't do that i just started my new contract they say yes we can it's on your terms and conditions which no one ever introduce you to this. And you never agreed to it. Its because of inflation and investment to their better quality service which you don't get. So i pay £31.50 and o have 15 months to pay. F... joke. Even though they still offer to new customers £28 month for 18 month contract. On their website. So if you decide to take a contract witb virgin believe me it's not worth a hassle once this contract is over never go back to this company. They care to attract new customers but once you're in. They don't care any more.
Customer services is the worst in Britain
Worst customer service ever.
Will leave at the end of my contract.
They left my disabled mom without her TV for 8 days was passed around for days on the phone , was lied to again and again , everyone was incompetent and fobbed me off
with empty reassurances.
I have wasted hours and hours trying to resolve it.
Terrible company have gotten worse and worse.
Paying for 100mb getting 4 download 0.25 upload £50+ a month. Disgusting, copper wire is faster.
Kind of my fault for going back to Virgin. They literally are splitting my 2.4 and 5ghz frequency and then putting it back on each call. There is no progress or fix. Just a loop where I pay for Internet that doesn't work properly.

If there's a genuine issue they need to do something. Not just throw a customer in a loop. Will never get contract with them. Glad I didn't recommend them to friends and family. That was the right choice. First and last time I bother with Virgin until they show some care about customer
Absolutely horrendous so called service. Their broadband constantly cuts out, often for days on end and their engineers constantly provide times for remedying problems that are extended each time. There is absolutely no recourse for not having broadband for days other than a measly token gesture. Do not join virgin media or do so at your own peril.
Virgin Media is extremely damaging, and getting worse every day.

offered me 100gb as reward to loyal customer and then charged me extra for that. I cancelled the service and switched to another supplier, but Virgin Media still sent me bill for the period they claimed the cancellation was not completed.

Customer service is dreadful. If anyone wants nightmare, go for Virgin Media.
TLDR; Avoid this company at all costs!
If you're unfortunate to be with Virgin already and have technical problems, call 08000527553 to skip the customer service waiting queue nightmare to go to the second line technical team directly (they answer in less than a minute).

My personal experience
I've been plagued with issues with their internet since October 2020, and have literally spent 20+ hours, in the month of February alone, over the phone with them to try and explain my problems. We're now in March, I still don't have internet working properly and I can't wait for my contract to expire to move to another provider.

Horrendous customer service
The customer service is a complete mess: getting someone over the phone is a lot more difficult than it should, probably to deter clients from calling. When I want to speak with someone, I often end up with an automated voice sending me a link on my mobile to "troubleshoot my broadband connection issue".

Technical nightmare
When you finally manage to have someone over the line, they force you to go through meaningless troubleshooting ("turn off and on your router") even though the issue is unrelated, because they do not have the proper technical knowledge (I have a signal SNR issue where the connection is up and down, disconnecting multiple times per day). They've sent a different engineer 5 times at my property: 2 times my isolator was replaced (and nothing else) and 2 times the engineers said the issue was with the network team, not them (one even refused to get out of his car claiming he didn't bring any face mask and only discussed by phone). At some point, I managed to get the second line technical team phone number (08000527553) and avoided discussing with the technical team (150 or 03454541111), which saved time as they only kept asking me to reboot my router to make it work.
When the issue is finally raised to the proper team, don't think this will solve anything: this team has closed my fault ticket 7 times (!!) between the 26 January and the 4 March wrongly claiming my problem was fixed, and everytime I had to go through the hassle of re-explaining my issue (when I managed to have someone over the phone) and opening a new fault ticket.

Lack of any type of compensation/alternative solution
Also, be warned that Virgin has a policy to only give you some credit back if you have a total loss of service for more than 72 hours. If you manage to be connected only one hour per day during this period, they will not compensate you in any form: the customer service department tells you their hands are tied and that you need to ask the technical team to raise a compensation request, but the technical team tells you they have no control over the compensation claims anyway because it's an automatic process. I have been using my 3G data non-stop since the 27th of February (we're the 9th of March and it's still not working) to work from home, but my claims are denied (because apparently there may have been internet an hour or so here and here). If, like me, you don't have internet at all, don't even bother asking Virgin for some alternative solution (mobile broadband, mobile phone 4G credit, etc...) as they cannot (or won't) help you in any way.

Complains are ignored
I've raised several complains but the compliance department doesn't even bother calling you back (even though I'm told they will call back within 5 days over the phone). "Escalating" the issue doesn't even make a difference, expect that someone tells you the compliance department will call you back within 48 hours (but they don't).
BAD BAD BAD customer service ever!!!!!!!! I am calling them to ask to change my name, surname, email, password because they have got it wrong when registered and they telling me I am not going through security questions!!! How can I go through security questions if you are asking me my details that you spelled wrong on the system?! Where is your logic????? I am telling them I have reference number, account number etc and she is telling to send a letter to confirm the package. What is wrong with you guys, what kind of people working there, where is your LOGIC???? How can you ask me to spell my correct details if on your system you've got the wrong ones. Honestly, I am so disappointed the way you sorting out these type of issues. Very very very baaaad!!!!!
When I signed the contract for 18 months, they concealed the fact and gave no information that their internet network did not cover half of England. After my move to a new house, they were unable to offer me services in the new location, so they charged me a £ 240 ending contract. The funniest thing is they still require the router to be sent back to them !!! I also immediately canceled the mobile phone contract I had with them (luckily, the period that forced me to use their services ended earlier). I don't want to have anything to do with them anymore. Contact with them is terrible. They do not reply to emails, you wait for hours for chat, just like when you call the hotline. The worst company in the industry in the UK.
Virgin Media is rated 1.18 based on 1,280 reviews