Virgin Media Reviews

Returns & Refunds
Refunds Process
Difficult

Tell us how Virgin Media made you happy
Virgin Media NO THANKS Virgin Media NO THANKS I was with BT for phone broadband but Virgin offered me a better price. But they stitched me up against my will with a deal that came in after 2 months a sports package £30 a month was then seen on my bill doubling my bill to £60. I clearly did not want it never asked for it. But could I get them to return this money OH and the fault was all mine according to their support staff when I rang to complain. I should have read the contract... I think the guy who sold me the deal added it because sports subscriptions are big money makers.. BAD PRACTICE AVOID THESE PEOPLE
The TV/BROADBAND is good BUT pray you never have a problem, the customer service is diabolical.... This is my fifth problem worthy of contact with them in 8/9 years & each has been handled worse than the last. My Girlfriend & I both paid the same bill(in our keeness to settle it). An over payment to Virgin of a £180. Once i realised this i contacted the company & was informed that a full refund would take 2 weeks. Ok i thought just in time for our trip away, then i realised that their predicted date would fall on a Bank holiday(a fact Virgin Customer services were totally unaware of). This made me contact them again & i was informed that i MIGHT recieve a cheque on the Saturday(A day after 2 weeks). There was no mention of a cheque in all my previous conversations with them(3 in total). Virgin media will take my payment in multiple forms and charge me if Im late in paying but only Post a refund cheque within 2 weeks that i then have to wait to clear. Seriously guys it's the 21st century?? Why I'm so Angry: Kids + Bank Holiday Weekend + Euro Disney - £180 = The above review... Sorry to have bored you all with this short story entitled "The Final Straw". Cheerio Virgin..
I watch catch up most of the time on TV but every time I want to watch something I can't due to not being available so spend my evening going back and forth then give up. Your prices are outrageous for a service I should receive but dont
Paid for Virgin Media's top package with the highest speed broadband for over 2 years to find it didn't work!! Numerous laptops, phones and tablets simply would not connect to the internet, returned to suppliers to be told they worked fine. Called VM numerous times who managed to get the said items to work for a couple of days then they would just disconnect again. A couple of weeks ago rang VM again to be told that we had the wrong hub for our package (this was the one VM sent us!!) New hub sent out and hey presto, everything connects and works fine, so feeling a bit grieved that I had been paying for a service that I didn't receive for 2 years, called again, explained the situation, end result, a not so generous £20 off my next bill, that's all they could offer. Poor guys, really poor, time for a change.
Rather disappointed with Virgin Media as their website stated that the fibre broadband was available in my area via their post code lookup system - I additionally checked this with one of their employees using their online Chat service and they confirmed it was available. However, when the engineer was due to setup the service at our property which was booked in at almost one month in advance the engineer didn't bother turning up. At the end of the day after waiting in all afternoon for the engineer to show my wife rang Virgin Media in which they stated the service couldn't be installed in our area. The lack of communication is rather disappointing to say the least, as well as the fact that it has cost me in both time and money as I had to pay £30 to cancel the BT line and now I have to pay £20 again to reactivate it. Virgin Media refused to reimburse me for my expenses even though they have mis-sold me the broadband as they stated it was originally available. I've given them two stars as the people on the phone are actually quite nice - however the information they provide is incorrect. Unfortunately, I wouldn't recommend Virgin Media to any friends.
Been having problems with Virgin media for months now (since contract started). The only place I have WIFI signal is just near the router. After months of them doing this and that finally got trough a fellow that said I need WiFI pods and everything will be free of charge. Next thing I receive an increased invoice. When I called again and inform the lady representative (that had a big mouth) and I informed her that I always record everything, she said that I do not have her consent and finished the call. If I want to end my contracted they want to charge me with 240£. This is for services that I am not benefiting from😂, before or after they close my contract. Obviously, I moved forward and made a proper complaint to others to see how can I get rid of Virgin media for the rest of my life. I’ve seen just now, unfortunately, so many negative reviews on the internet. If someone is smarter then me and has a look before choosing, there are better companies then Virgin media, not overpriced and that deliver what they promise. Good luck!
Virgin media will work (sometimes). When the connection isn't up and down when you're trying to work from home you can potentially get good internet speeds. The main issue is if you want to move home; if Virgin Media do not want to provide services to the home you're moving to, they will charge you hundreds of pounds in "early termination fees". Currently questioning the legality of this. Be aware, awful customer service, and vile business practices. Tell Richard Branson to pay his taxes.
I have been a long term customer with Virgin Media and recently I renewed my contract on the understanding that I was moving and that they provided the service to my new home. It turns out after telling me they did, they didn't and they had made no note of anything Id mentioned on the account. Naturally I have disputed this and have been chasing to have the call listened to I have been promised call backs by certain points twice and haven't received them after spending a long time on the phone both times. Multiple people have been into my account and despite asking about listening to the call every time they have made no notes on the account. They are trying to charge me an exit fee because they don't supply when they said they did and are doing nothing but covering up what I raise. Seems like its a systematic thing rather than an individual thing as well.
with virgin media over 10 years they are worst than ever when you speak to them they are all indians cant understand what you are asking my situation is im asked for the sport to be taken off for 2 months yes just 2 months as football has now finshed and im told if they take it off im £30 a month worst off no deduction in my bill but money added on to my bill ? im on the top package with discounts i pay £84 per month now this is not right it,s a scam cancil sports and it go,s up to £94 this makes no sense or logic to me ?
e been virgin media for many years but day by day their services getting rubbish .our business phone is not working for more than 2 months and I have called them more than 10 time and each time I'm calling someone answering from India or here and they telling me 3 standard words which are ( 1.we are very sorry , 2.we apologies. 3.sorry for the inconvenience) . Today I was in the call from 10.30am till 14:08 and each one them is passing to other one fault was informed more than 2 months ago and they still dont have a clue what I'm talking about. More than 2 months not services but the direct debit is going and we losing our customers and our business. Please to any one is reading this don't go for virgin media it will be the biggest mistake of your life .
Nope there’s no refund! I’ve spend 2:30 hours tonight with Virgin Media Im not happy and it turns out Virgin Media more interested in making money than listening to any complaints. How many times have I heard that I’m on a pension and I consider myself vulnerable but luckily i spotted the payment coming out of my bank So recently I made some ENQUIRIES about switching my broadband provider to Virgin but my present provider matched their price and that was that. So! Unbeknown to me from that conversation I entered into a contract which lead to them setting up a direct debit and them taking 3 months of payments. No email to state the starting date or anything in fact My complaint fell flat They replied came within 2 days and there’s now a cancellation fee of over £200 to paid I’m saying this is mistake they’re saying there wasn’t I’m saying let me listen to the conversations and they’re saying it’s not for my uses They can and will use it against you but you can’t use it against them Its all very one-sided. Seriously be very careful
Our TV picture keeps pixilating and all virgin say is unplug switch off switch on and the rest of their continuous nonsense. As if it's the fault of the customer. Over the past two months I've spent hours even written letters to head office trying to get something done and have got absolutely nowhere, but had curt and somewhat arrogant replies. Let alone listening to a man in India reading a script and not listening to a word the paying customer had to say. One might think that a company would send an engineer to check for faults. Unless of course as I suspect, they are already aware of the problem and prefer to keep the paying customer dangling. Thankfully we are well out of any contract with VM and will be on our way very soon. I'm not paying nearly 800 pounds per year for this rubbish and this persistent lack of customer service. Who would ?
Useless, just useless. No help whatsoever when things go wrong. Only contact you when they’re putting your bill up.
I cannot express how disappointed I am with this company! I have been having problems that got worse and worse to the point that even using youtube on the tv would take my internet down. Here is the email I sent to them as I have no more energy to write a review: It is incredible to think how support works for your company! Even in the case of CLEAR problems on the customer's side with all the proof and still not being offered any help whatsoever. I have been told I have to deal with this for 30 days in which you will monitor my connections and if it drops for a consecutive of 3 days you will call me back. I have been told different things with every call. I am working from home and making money from home and I have to rely on my mobile hotspot because Virgin Media is unable to book an engineer as it shows that I am connected to the internet on their side. So, your system of helping your customers rely only on what's been shown on your side and not what is actually happening on your customer's end??? How is that even logical? I am unable to use your services!!! I try to go online and work and the internet goes offline. I try to put youtube on the tv for my 2-year-old son and the internet goes offline. But you are unable to send an engineer because you tell me to try and reboot or check my cables and by that time my internet is back up and that's FIXED in your eyes. EVEN though it goes offline 5 minutes after when I try to do anything. I used to appreciate Virgin Media and all my family and friends who came to the UK, I have sorted Virgin Media out for them. I had no idea that in case of an issue this would be the treatment I would be getting and just as good deeds fly, bad deeds fly faster. I am unable to use your services! I am unable to get this issue acknowledged and fixed. I am unable to get any sort of help from Virgin Media. I have to pay extra on my mobile to go online on the hotspot and work as well as set up entertainment for my family. Virgin Media couldn't care less! With regret, Your once loyal customer Antonio Croitoru I used to jump and recommend Virgin Media to everyone. I do not need extremely high-speed internet, I need a reliable and strong service in which case Virgin Media is not the one! I would suggest you look for a different provider if quality and reliability is what you need as high-speed matters not if you are not able to benefit from it.
I have just changed my contract with Virgin Media (Feb 2021) which they convinced me was a better price, even before my first bill was out they put a price increase on my bill. Now they want to charge me £240.00 to end the contract! Wish I had just left! It's a big con. Look for other providers.
Deceptive (and costly) charging and awful customer service The internet is okay, but the service is appaling. I signed up and attempted to claim the refer a friend discount (£50). This was never honoured. I tried to resolve this repeatedly, and at each stage was told a new story: first that it would be taken off my next bill (it never was), then the money would be credited to my account (it never was), and then that I need to contact the third party to arrange the credit myself (contacted them to be told me they could not help). When I called up to cancel after several months of this, I was advised that they would honour the refer a friend credit (now long promised) so long as I stayed on as a customer. At this point I cancelled my service as trust and good faith were spent - they then advised they will charge me an additional month (?) and then send a cheque to repay me the extra month I would be charged.... there appeared to be no reasonable explanation as to why. I do not trust I will ever recieve this cheque. The customer service is actively deceptive and incompetent, explain at each step why the previous representative was wrong with no apology or acknowedgement, present you with a couple of new rules and regulations, make promising assurances, and then there is absolutely no follow through. It's a shame as the internet was reliable and speed okay. Just the deceptive charging and incompetent customer service.
Virgin Media - I can't believe how useless this company is!! I have not had internet for 5 days now.., they need to send me another engineer - which is on the 15th June - that will be 3 weeks with no internet, and no one in this company can seem to help me get this done quicker!! its an absolute joke!!!!! on top of that my service hardly ever works, I am on the phone to them at least once a month trying to sort my connection - then they have the audacity to increase my bill - and when I tell them - they say ok will give you a discount which is basically still more than I was paying - when searching for new lines - I see they are doing the exact same package as mine for half the price! FFS are you kidding me!! It's a joke!! I can't tell you how much I hate this company! Avoid at all cost!! do not join with them!!! just useless in every way possible!!! Anyway, now I'm basically stuck with no internet for 3 weeks, unable to work, which will affect my income, a phone bill is ridiculous as I've actually called virgin 30 times in the last 5 days to try and sort, and not a single person has been helpful! I really don't understand... can anyone explain??? AGAIN STAY AWAY FROM VIRGIN MEDIA! ITS NOT WORTH THE PAIN!!!!!
Worst customer service ever. Very disappointing.
Absolutely disgusted that after being a loyal customer for 10 years i have been charged £250 to disconnect as I'm moving home and Virgin media DO NOT provide service in my new area!!! Customer service is also appalling!!!
I wish there was an option of not allocating any star. Rippers. Goons. They harass their customers while they quit. Same post code, 0.6 miles away, told that they are not offering g service there. As they can't offer their service, they decided to finish my contract. As they are not able to serve me as I move, so the contract finishes at the cost of early termination fee 245£. My services were cut off 24 hrs before agreed time. Very next day, they email me that I have been slapped with 65£ because I have not yet returned the router. Collection points they tell, most of them don't work now. So whatever you do, plz plz plz plz plz plz plz, stay well away from Virgin. If you still want their services..... Good Luck.
Virgin Media is rated 1.17 based on 1,326 reviews