Virgin Media Reviews

Returns & Refunds
Refunds Process
Difficult

Tell us how Virgin Media made you happy
I have virgin media 100mb player bundle for 2 weeks now. Since then I had many problems with it, I had to get the ethernet cable they gave us replaced for the TV and the broadband also keeps cutting out every 20 - 60 mins or so for a few seconds at a time, this is really frustrating when watching videos, playing games etc. Although the customer service wasnt terrible as the calls were quick and straight to the point. (I am getting an engineer out for broadband issues)
So, they offer 50 Mbps. Well that's usually only if: You're in a town or city. You're near a busy area. Your area has cables underneath for Virgin Media. If you're one of the few people who all of these apply to, you may end up offered it. My tip is say No. My experience with VM is horrible. Every few weeks I've run into an issue and we have to go through 'customer service'... or talking to a random person who is from some distant country with no experience with Internet issues, probably with a piece of paper with FAQ's and answers next to them. I'm sorry, fibre is a decent idea, BUT it's not exactly reliable and needs redevelopment.
The speed was good only for 2 first month and dropped dramatically later. If we use two laptops at home at the same time, one of us can't even youtube videos even despite thee fact we hay for the broadband that supposed to properly cover up to 6 devices. Change as soon as I can!
Virgin Media NO THANKS Virgin Media NO THANKS I was with BT for phone broadband but Virgin offered me a better price. But they stitched me up against my will with a deal that came in after 2 months a sports package £30 a month was then seen on my bill doubling my bill to £60. I clearly did not want it never asked for it. But could I get them to return this money OH and the fault was all mine according to their support staff when I rang to complain. I should have read the contract... I think the guy who sold me the deal added it because sports subscriptions are big money makers.. BAD PRACTICE AVOID THESE PEOPLE
The TV/BROADBAND is good BUT pray you never have a problem, the customer service is diabolical.... This is my fifth problem worthy of contact with them in 8/9 years & each has been handled worse than the last. My Girlfriend & I both paid the same bill(in our keeness to settle it). An over payment to Virgin of a £180. Once i realised this i contacted the company & was informed that a full refund would take 2 weeks. Ok i thought just in time for our trip away, then i realised that their predicted date would fall on a Bank holiday(a fact Virgin Customer services were totally unaware of). This made me contact them again & i was informed that i MIGHT recieve a cheque on the Saturday(A day after 2 weeks). There was no mention of a cheque in all my previous conversations with them(3 in total). Virgin media will take my payment in multiple forms and charge me if Im late in paying but only Post a refund cheque within 2 weeks that i then have to wait to clear. Seriously guys it's the 21st century?? Why I'm so Angry: Kids + Bank Holiday Weekend + Euro Disney - £180 = The above review... Sorry to have bored you all with this short story entitled "The Final Straw". Cheerio Virgin..
I watch catch up most of the time on TV but every time I want to watch something I can't due to not being available so spend my evening going back and forth then give up. Your prices are outrageous for a service I should receive but dont
Paid for Virgin Media's top package with the highest speed broadband for over 2 years to find it didn't work!! Numerous laptops, phones and tablets simply would not connect to the internet, returned to suppliers to be told they worked fine. Called VM numerous times who managed to get the said items to work for a couple of days then they would just disconnect again. A couple of weeks ago rang VM again to be told that we had the wrong hub for our package (this was the one VM sent us!!) New hub sent out and hey presto, everything connects and works fine, so feeling a bit grieved that I had been paying for a service that I didn't receive for 2 years, called again, explained the situation, end result, a not so generous £20 off my next bill, that's all they could offer. Poor guys, really poor, time for a change.
Rather disappointed with Virgin Media as their website stated that the fibre broadband was available in my area via their post code lookup system - I additionally checked this with one of their employees using their online Chat service and they confirmed it was available. However, when the engineer was due to setup the service at our property which was booked in at almost one month in advance the engineer didn't bother turning up. At the end of the day after waiting in all afternoon for the engineer to show my wife rang Virgin Media in which they stated the service couldn't be installed in our area. The lack of communication is rather disappointing to say the least, as well as the fact that it has cost me in both time and money as I had to pay £30 to cancel the BT line and now I have to pay £20 again to reactivate it. Virgin Media refused to reimburse me for my expenses even though they have mis-sold me the broadband as they stated it was originally available. I've given them two stars as the people on the phone are actually quite nice - however the information they provide is incorrect. Unfortunately, I wouldn't recommend Virgin Media to any friends.
Abysmal. Tried to change provider and got conned into another contract by customer service (!) saying I had 30 days to decide wether to leave or not. Found a good deal and called them to cancel. Apparently it’s only 14 days and I was 2 days late. They wanted to charge me £240 to leave contract. When I told them about conversation I had with one of their reps I was told it hadn’t been noted therefore would not stand by it. Been customer for 10 years and a lousy 2 days was enough for them to con me out of £240. Do not use!! Now stuck in another 18 month contract with these charlatans. Internet connection dreadful and customer service is so poor. Cannot understand a single word they’re saying and when you ask to repeat they hang up!
Appalling customer service, lost phone lines 4 times in 2 weeks. Sat in queues for 20-40 mins waiting to speak to someone. When you do speak to someone, they say they have checked line and ok, then cut you off. Somone did come to box a couple of times, and tried to fix but would only last for 3 days. Eventually had to go to another supplier. Now charging me 3 months cancellation, even though I told them. Hold your telephone number to ranson. Do not use and if you are with them I recommend getting out as soon as possible.
Have been a virgin customer now for 3 days but have delayed activating my router as I was told by the salesman they would not start direct debit until it was activated.i cancelled my sky for jan 1st and wanted to activate broadband for same time but received an email saying they taking payment start of December.tried with chat system was on hold for 1st night for 30-40 mins then spoke with 3 agents then got cut off. 2nd night been holding now for 1 hour 45mins . The customer service is the worst I e experienced I’m shocked. Would not recommend.
Appalling customer service. The installation date changed by them 3 times which left us with no broadband, phone or TV for 53 days. No customer care, help or support. Apparently we don't qualify for compensation. Most appauling company and service we have ever had- Please avoid this company.
Switched to Virgin Media Business from another supplier. To date it's been 11 days of having a partial connection (For reasons unknown, no one in our office can connect to any Google domains). So far we've had one engineer visit ("It's a network issue"), countless emails, calls and let-downs on the Virgin side. They promise to call me back, but don't, and I haven't actually had a response to an email, ever. So 11 days later our staff still have to work from home, and the call-centre just tell me that someone will look at it (but they can't tell me when). The worst start, and zero confidence that they will actually correct it. I wish I had read the reviews prior to signing up with them.
9 months to cancel a Virgin line and no refund It took 9 months and CEDR to cancel my contract with Virgin who paid £250 compensation but refused to refund the 9 months of charges: - I had a land line with Virgin Media (023 80 487592) for many years but moved 6/1/21 to an area that Virgin did nor service so wanted to cancel my service. I tried to do this using the online system but it did not support cancellation. I tried using the online chat function but they kept me waiting until I lost the will to live. I emailed Virgin who insisted that I phone their retention team. I tried to phone the retention team and sat in a phone queue until my patience was exhausted. I lodged a complaint through the Virgin Complaints process and asked to be contacted by email. Virgin phoned me while I was driving and left a message asking me to call them. I tried and sat in another phone queue for a while. I kept emailing with no success so took the case to CEDR (meanwhile, Virgin were still debiting the monthly bills for as service that I was not receiving). I received an offer from Virgin as follows:- "£250.00 compensation, as a gesture of goodwill....Cancel your services free of charge. Once again, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused as a result of the delay in cancelling your services". It was now 29/7/21 so I reluctantly accepted expecting the money to be credited to my account. Nothing happened so I followed up and Virgin told me that it was company policy to only offer refunds by cheque. I eventually received a cheque for £250 but Virgin were still debiting my account £25.85 per month. I received approximately 10 calls from the Virgin Retention team asking if there was anything they could do to retain my business. My account was cancelled in Sept but my money was not refunded and Virgin does not accept complaints from cancelled accounts so I went back to CEDR and raised a further complaint. Virgin challenged this under CEDR terms and conditions saying that a complaint cannot be accepted if it relates to a previous complaint. I responded saying that Virgin had failed to properly deal with the previous complaint but CEDR upheld Virgin's position. I shall also be lodging a complaint against CEDR.
Absolutely abysmal service. Without working Internet for a week. No help from customer service other than an automated response with some tips to try (non even remotely helpful) finally got a customer service rep, explained that I lost an entire week of earnings as I'm self employed working on zoom. Told a repair person would be in the next day between 12 and 4. Never turns up, no call or text to tell us. Wasted our whole day and now face an other week of losses if the problem isn't resolved
Absolutely pathetic Internet service, constantly goes down, customer service are a shambles, if you are thinking of getting virgin Internet I strongly advise you to rethink and choose another provider
Impossible to get any results when you phone their customer service if you have an issue such as mine where I could not work from home most days for over 3 weeks. I pay 62 pounds a month but kept going round in circles each time I spoke to anyone. I was often promised a manager would phone me or that I would be sent a transcript of my call but nothing. And many times I was sent a text that the issue in the area was fixed and planned to work from home only to find I then had to go into the office. Virgin could not care less. I would not recommend them.
Worst customer service ever experienced, when they say they will contact back, they never do. I’ve even spoken senior members of staff and they didn’t bother calling but and didn’t resolve my problems.
Shocking quality on WiFi , they should be shut down, they don't care
Never ever ever get virgin media it is the WORST broadband provider I have ever had in my life. I pay for wifi that only works in one room and cuts out every 2 mins. God forbid you try to call customer service for help as that is a huge waste of time and they are totally useless. They lie to you to get you to shut up and force you to continue paying for a service that doesn’t work at all. AND they charge you ridiculous amounts of money if you try to cancel. Avoid virgin media at ALL COSTS. It is absolutely 100% a scam
Virgin Media is rated 1.16 based on 1,440 reviews