Virgin Media Reviews

Returns & Refunds
Refunds Process
Difficult

Tell us how Virgin Media made you happy
I haven't had Internet or my house phone for 3 days.. they keep delaying the time they say it will be fixed.. I pay a shocking £70 a month JUST FOR INTERNET AND MY HOUSE PHONE!! They are snakes.. I have no idea how they even raised the price that high!! I haven't been able to work for 3 days now and my special needs child is missing out on his exercise programs he needs to function... I am cancelling and not giving them a penny for breaking the contract.. Best part is there is no one to help me on this issue.. Virgin stick it where the sun don't shine!!!
Never Again Today I cancelled my contract and opted to pay the cancellation fee due to the absolutely awful WiFi connection. This, only after about 3 months with Virgin Media. Speeds have been as low as 1.00 mbps download with 0.03 mbps upload anywhere in the house except in the room in which the media box is located (just retested and 5.51 mbps download and 0.07 mbps upload). This, the advisors at Virgin Media (Virgin) say, is what Virgin are contracted to provide and are therefore fulfilling their part of the contract. The only guarantee Virgin provide for full speed, in my case 108 mbps download and 10 mbps upload, is if a device is connected using a ethernet cable. How archaic is this? No apologies provided by the advisors to whom I spoke, just a reiteration of the fact the contract is being met and a suggestion to purchase a booster for each room. Yes, boosters would have been cheaper than cancellation, but on principle the situation is unacceptable and not fair treatment for the customer. I did not have guaranteed WiFi in each room with my previous provider BT, in fact I only had download speeds of 14 mpbs, but yet I was able to comfortably attend virtual meetings, stream Netflix, YouTube and other services with limited interruption. If Virgin's speeds were comparable to what I was getting from BT, I would have been frustrated but sucked it up. How anywhere near 1.00 mbps could be acceptable however and brushed off with a suggestion to pay an additional monthly charge for boosters is just unfathomable. How is this company regulated? How do they get away with treating customers in this way? It's easy to explain contractual terms but surely this must be measured against providing the best service possible to customers. Unfortunately, nothing about this service has been good. I never write a review but this is one I will shout from the mountain top to anyone who will listen. Stay FAR AWAY from Virgin Media unless you are willing to accept the full implications of their terms. Hopefully this review will help you to understand those in simple terms. This should be a ZERO stars review
need to use 4g because they're so bad
Shittest customer service you can get. There are acting more like thieves than customer help. Stay away from their offers and discounts !!
Wifi keep dropping out and this has been happening for 2-3 months. I have accessed all automated help services (online guide, internet chat bot). Phoned their helpline but couldn't get through to a real person just a another bot. I submitted a complaint via the Virgin compliant webpage. I recieved a response which told me to access the online guide and to reset the router (which I had been doing most days for the last couple of months). In the complaint, I asked for an engineer to visit and fix the service but was told in the repsonse that the UK government does not allow home visits by engineers, which I know is incorrect. I replied to this email response stating that the service does not work as advertised and Virgin seem to be refusing to fix it. I did not get a reply. Very frustrated as Virgin seem to be refused to fix my service. The service has been very reliable for the last 6 years but now that it is broken trying to get Virgin to fix this seem impossible. Very poor customer service as I couldn't seem to be able to talk to a "real" person. I have spent several hours of my time trying to contact Virgin and I asked for compensation in the complaint letter but the reponse said that Virgin only provide compensation for "Total loss of service or Missed appointments or Delayed activations". I will be changing my provider.
Virgin media customer services in the overseas call centres are beyond awful. I was made promises of engineers to come and fix our internet fault 5 days later, with no alternative. I was called a liar because one of the calls I made in the evening (picked up by UK staff) wasn't on their records, so, when I was promised an emergency engineer due to emergency needs for our Internet services, I was then told that was never said to me and there were no records of a call. I was then told my engineers may come the day after they were booked for (thankfully they did arrive and do a good job, albeit an hour later than the cut off period), but they keep promising a service, then saying they didn't, taking days with zero services, and then being told that there was nothing they can do & if I want to leave then its my choice. I know I'm only one customer and not going to make a huge difference in the overall scheme of things, but, it appears as though VM customer services are beyond shocking, and are losing customers by the droves to services that don't offer even half of what VM does - that surely speaks for itself.
Honestly unbelievably bad. Literally left a hole in my wall during the installation, which created a mould problem. Phoned them and spoke to dozens of customer service reps over a one year period trying to get this sorted. I was constantly promised that they would send someone round to fix it and also compensate me, neither of which ever happened despite my follow ups. When the mould got so bad that I literally had to move out (of a home I'd lived in for nearly 4 years), and I explained this to the customer service rep, she suggested that I recommend virgin to a friend and get £50 credit?!?!?!? Also the wifi constantly cut out and they did nothing to fix this! Shout out to Lauren in the 'I'm moving house' team who was super lovely and competent!
Reconsider before going with virgin. Their broadband has loads of issues. You will get disconnections very frequently, router is really bad with loads of bags. And every time you call support they will start playing the tape of "please factory reset your router". Pathetic ISP
Terrible service. Had major issues with broadband, so i raised a complaint. After promising wifi pods would be sent out to sort out the issue , the person on the phone said, does that mean you will not continue with complaint, i said no i wouldn't. Needless to say weeks laer no pods and still very bad wifi. Been on hold nowfor 3 and a half hours..
Around 6 weeks ago I had Virgin Media installed - the engineer kindly dragged his equipment across my wooden bedroom floor, causing 33 inches of scratching. The whole floor needs to be sanded/varnished to get it back to it's original condition. He also took a chunk of wood out of the hallway floor and caused scratch marks in the living room because he was too lazy to lift the TV stand, with the TV on top - instead of lifting it, he dragged/scraped it across the living room floor. For 6 weeks I have been trying to get Virgin Media to even acknlowedge me. A complaint was instantly raised and I must have called 10+ times to chase it up. I am told 'another department is looking into it'. I was also told the complaint wasn't sent on to the right department, then it was, then it wasn't. I was **PROMISED** a call back 4-5 weeks ago and was advised someone would be in touch, maybe to come round to view the damage. No call. I was then **PROMISED** a call back 'by the end of thw week, 2 weeks ago. No call. I was then **PROMISED** a call back 'by the end of the week, this week. No call. I just called again and all that can be said is the case is open, you can't speak to the people dealing with it directly. Because I need a whole new floor - this means having a bed delivered has been on hold for 6 weeks, which has caused a domino effect of other issues. I raised the complaint initially by the online form and replied to the automated email with pictures, as well as many follow up emails - I had no idea if anyone had read them. But someone in Customer Service confirmed they were visible on the system - not one human response to any of the emails. Genuinely shocked and appalled how they can do this and have zero care to even acknowledge the customer.
When I signed up with Virgin Media last December, I was very hopeful of an improved service – both in terms of customer service and improved physical broadband and at a reasonable cost. I have to say my experience has been the opposite – overall it has been very poor. Virgin Media were very keen to sign me up but did not tell me that if I moved house I would be liable for exit fees due to my contract being ended early. So I was hit with a £200 exit fee which after I vigorously complained they reduced by £50. Still in my view a very underhanded and not a transparent customer service. The people who were buying our house went for Virgin so there was no monetary loss to the company. I would have stayed with Virgin at my new address but they do not provide a supply there. So beware of exit fees – especially if you are planning to move! In terms of physical service, whilst we did get some improved speed the Hub supplied was absolutely useless for WiFi coverage around the house. We had to invest in Router to boost the signal. And we regularly suffered outages (loss of service) for some hours at any one time. No notice, no apologies no compensation.
Been having problems with Virgin media for months now (since contract started). The only place I have WIFI signal is just near the router. After months of them doing this and that finally got trough a fellow that said I need WiFI pods and everything will be free of charge. Next thing I receive an increased invoice. When I called again and inform the lady representative (that had a big mouth) and I informed her that I always record everything, she said that I do not have her consent and finished the call. If I want to end my contracted they want to charge me with 240£. This is for services that I am not benefiting from😂, before or after they close my contract. Obviously, I moved forward and made a proper complaint to others to see how can I get rid of Virgin media for the rest of my life. I’ve seen just now, unfortunately, so many negative reviews on the internet. If someone is smarter then me and has a look before choosing, there are better companies then Virgin media, not overpriced and that deliver what they promise. Good luck!
Virgin media will work (sometimes). When the connection isn't up and down when you're trying to work from home you can potentially get good internet speeds. The main issue is if you want to move home; if Virgin Media do not want to provide services to the home you're moving to, they will charge you hundreds of pounds in "early termination fees". Currently questioning the legality of this. Be aware, awful customer service, and vile business practices. Tell Richard Branson to pay his taxes.
I have been a long term customer with Virgin Media and recently I renewed my contract on the understanding that I was moving and that they provided the service to my new home. It turns out after telling me they did, they didn't and they had made no note of anything Id mentioned on the account. Naturally I have disputed this and have been chasing to have the call listened to I have been promised call backs by certain points twice and haven't received them after spending a long time on the phone both times. Multiple people have been into my account and despite asking about listening to the call every time they have made no notes on the account. They are trying to charge me an exit fee because they don't supply when they said they did and are doing nothing but covering up what I raise. Seems like its a systematic thing rather than an individual thing as well.
with virgin media over 10 years they are worst than ever when you speak to them they are all indians cant understand what you are asking my situation is im asked for the sport to be taken off for 2 months yes just 2 months as football has now finshed and im told if they take it off im £30 a month worst off no deduction in my bill but money added on to my bill ? im on the top package with discounts i pay £84 per month now this is not right it,s a scam cancil sports and it go,s up to £94 this makes no sense or logic to me ?
e been virgin media for many years but day by day their services getting rubbish .our business phone is not working for more than 2 months and I have called them more than 10 time and each time I'm calling someone answering from India or here and they telling me 3 standard words which are ( 1.we are very sorry , 2.we apologies. 3.sorry for the inconvenience) . Today I was in the call from 10.30am till 14:08 and each one them is passing to other one fault was informed more than 2 months ago and they still dont have a clue what I'm talking about. More than 2 months not services but the direct debit is going and we losing our customers and our business. Please to any one is reading this don't go for virgin media it will be the biggest mistake of your life .
Nope there’s no refund! I’ve spend 2:30 hours tonight with Virgin Media Im not happy and it turns out Virgin Media more interested in making money than listening to any complaints. How many times have I heard that I’m on a pension and I consider myself vulnerable but luckily i spotted the payment coming out of my bank So recently I made some ENQUIRIES about switching my broadband provider to Virgin but my present provider matched their price and that was that. So! Unbeknown to me from that conversation I entered into a contract which lead to them setting up a direct debit and them taking 3 months of payments. No email to state the starting date or anything in fact My complaint fell flat They replied came within 2 days and there’s now a cancellation fee of over £200 to paid I’m saying this is mistake they’re saying there wasn’t I’m saying let me listen to the conversations and they’re saying it’s not for my uses They can and will use it against you but you can’t use it against them Its all very one-sided. Seriously be very careful
Our TV picture keeps pixilating and all virgin say is unplug switch off switch on and the rest of their continuous nonsense. As if it's the fault of the customer. Over the past two months I've spent hours even written letters to head office trying to get something done and have got absolutely nowhere, but had curt and somewhat arrogant replies. Let alone listening to a man in India reading a script and not listening to a word the paying customer had to say. One might think that a company would send an engineer to check for faults. Unless of course as I suspect, they are already aware of the problem and prefer to keep the paying customer dangling. Thankfully we are well out of any contract with VM and will be on our way very soon. I'm not paying nearly 800 pounds per year for this rubbish and this persistent lack of customer service. Who would ?
Useless, just useless. No help whatsoever when things go wrong. Only contact you when they’re putting your bill up.
I cannot express how disappointed I am with this company! I have been having problems that got worse and worse to the point that even using youtube on the tv would take my internet down. Here is the email I sent to them as I have no more energy to write a review: It is incredible to think how support works for your company! Even in the case of CLEAR problems on the customer's side with all the proof and still not being offered any help whatsoever. I have been told I have to deal with this for 30 days in which you will monitor my connections and if it drops for a consecutive of 3 days you will call me back. I have been told different things with every call. I am working from home and making money from home and I have to rely on my mobile hotspot because Virgin Media is unable to book an engineer as it shows that I am connected to the internet on their side. So, your system of helping your customers rely only on what's been shown on your side and not what is actually happening on your customer's end??? How is that even logical? I am unable to use your services!!! I try to go online and work and the internet goes offline. I try to put youtube on the tv for my 2-year-old son and the internet goes offline. But you are unable to send an engineer because you tell me to try and reboot or check my cables and by that time my internet is back up and that's FIXED in your eyes. EVEN though it goes offline 5 minutes after when I try to do anything. I used to appreciate Virgin Media and all my family and friends who came to the UK, I have sorted Virgin Media out for them. I had no idea that in case of an issue this would be the treatment I would be getting and just as good deeds fly, bad deeds fly faster. I am unable to use your services! I am unable to get this issue acknowledged and fixed. I am unable to get any sort of help from Virgin Media. I have to pay extra on my mobile to go online on the hotspot and work as well as set up entertainment for my family. Virgin Media couldn't care less! With regret, Your once loyal customer Antonio Croitoru I used to jump and recommend Virgin Media to everyone. I do not need extremely high-speed internet, I need a reliable and strong service in which case Virgin Media is not the one! I would suggest you look for a different provider if quality and reliability is what you need as high-speed matters not if you are not able to benefit from it.
Virgin Media is rated 1.17 based on 1,352 reviews