Virgin Media Reviews

Virgin Media 1 star review on 23rd October 2022
Mark R
Virgin Media 1 star review on 15th September 2022
Virgin Media 1 star review on 15th September 2022
I have been trying to cancel my internet service for over 3 hrs tonight passed from department to department then nearly got there and they cut me off.. do not use virgin as they are not interested in you when you need to cancel.
Over an hour and a half later cant speak to anyone on WhatsApp or the phone. Still on hold. Taken too much money out of my bank 3rd month in a row. Send you round in circles so you have to give up to get on with your day. THEY DONT CARE AND WILL NOT HELP
Its a pathetic customer service, stay away from virgin media broadband if you can
Broadband speed is good customer service is terrible just trying to cancel my contract after it ended its 18 month I have sent and received over 200 whatup messages been pinged off twice 20 normal messages and got no where and now 1 day before it ends they have ended it asked why, it was done in error but will take 24 hours to reactivate!!!! took me 6 months to get a refund for the £35 they charged me that was included in the contact back and numerus emails call until I email the CEO inbox Terrible will never use them again
The service is pretty fast when it works however it goes down more than any other provider I've tried. They increase the price by a few £ every few months and until your 18 or 24 month contract ends you cannot leave. I am currently trying to leave, this began at 4:30pm yesterday, I called their customer service, waited on hold for 25 minutes and was immediately hung up on when I got through. I called again and was given the option to communicate via text, which I selected. I got a text which I replied to, answered a number of questions before being told the conversation had to move to whatsapp, spoke to someone on whatsapp who asked me a load more questions (many of which I had already answered) before being told I would be transferred to someone to deal with my query. After 25 minutes I spoke to a person who asked me a load more questions (many of which I had already answered, sometimes twice) he then said he couldn't deal with my query but would transfer me to someone who could. 17 hours, yes 17 HOURS later I got a reply with another person asking me the same questions yet again. At the end of virtually every message I said please just cancel my contract. He kept offering reductions in prices (despite me previously being told that was not possible) but not anywhere near as cheap as new customer offers. It is currently 10:52am, the person has finally agreed to cancel my contract...in 30 days time.
I am trying to terminate my contract. Been transferred to the removal team 3 times. everytime when I said that I want to terminate contract - person over the phone hang up on me. It is ridiculous ! I will never come back to this company. I literally waisted 2h for phone calls and it has not been sorted yet... !!!! In the beginning, been transferred to the WharsApp boot.... for over 2 weeks couldn't fix anything there. THIS COMPANY IS A JOKE and wasting your time
Tell to your family and friends as well to not buy Virgin Media Broadband, no and never. —— I ordered Virgin Media Broadband but their engineers couldn’t install the broadband in my home even in more than 2 months of time. —— I ordered Virgin Media Broadband ( Acc No: 220934803 ) on or before 19-Apr-2022 and received a confirmation that their engineer will come to my home to install the Broadband on 16-May-2022. The Virgin Media engineer came to my home on 16-May-2022 but he told me that the Virgin Media didn’t complete the work for installation of cables and box outside of my home. He couldn’t install the broadband. But he told me before leaving that someone will come to complete the outside work on 19-May-2022. So, that was just start of their Rubish promises. They were keep lying. Engineer will come this date, someone will come that date. I started trying to cancel the order. But they were not canceling the order as well. I tried to cancel many times through Virgin Media online Chat, WhatsApp Chat and tried to call their cancellation team on the phone. I was wasting very very long time to speak to the cancellation team on the phone. They were not canceling the order. Their wait time to speak to the cancellation team on the phone was more than 30 minutes normally but sometimes was around 1 hour. So on, so on, … And then finally Virgin Media WhatsApp chat advisor send me the order cancellation confirmation yesterday, 25-Jun-2022 on WhatsApp. I am very much frustrated.
Virgin Media 1 star review on 26th June 2022 Virgin Media 1 star review on 26th June 2022
Worst broadband service and customer service ever. I paid good money for 100mb per month and the broadband always down for no reason and the speed hover around 50 to 100mb, most of the time between 50-75mbps.. complaint many times about it they end up telling me there are too many devices in the house so asked me to upgrade to 200mb and I did to try it out, end up same problem, speed mostly 30 to 50% slower and broadband line is unstable and disconnected. now the broadband is offline for 3 days.. I am leaving VM for good, waited more than 1 hour for customer service to connect me to 'cancellation team'.. worst provider ever..
Constant dropouts and terrible customer service. Compensation scheme for poor connectivity is a joke. Avoid. I'd leave more information about my time with the provider but I'd be typing for hours.
I was on the phone for 2 hrs being passed around departments and it seemed countries. I was left on hold twice for 15 minutes and presumed I had been cut off. The worst customer service experience I have ever had.
Virgin media is a good service until you want to leave. Basically you are trapped and cannot leave due to not being able to cancel via email, text, letter or over the phone. They just mess you around and pass you on, wasting hours of your time. Even if you cancel with your bank they still bill you. Very fraudulent, avoid as this is a scam and a trap. Should be illegal
Wow totally not surprised by what I see regarding this company's reviews. Worst customer service I have ever come across. I only wish I read the reviews before agreeing to move to vergin. STAY WITH A REAL COMPANY LIKE SKY
We booked to have our Internet installed on the 5th May and they changed it to the 31st May due to work needing to be done fair enough. Then they change it again to the 20th June fro the same reason as nobody could be bother to come and do the work. Finally they changed it to the 16th July for the same reasons and the customer service throughout was shocking lies upon lies nobody communicating with each other and finally we choose a different provider and virign can't do there job properly and their customer service is shocking! Moved into our new home and 2 months with no Internet due to virgins incapability. Making working from home impossible and loss of money from our jobs. No compensation given just horrible customer service Don't go with virgin!!!
Virgin Media are frauds and scammers! My mum was promised to have 200 MBs upload and download speed but didn't even get 10% of that. They leave you on hold for prolonged periods of time when calling customer supports, not to mention they bounce you between all kinds of support assistances resulting in keeping you on the line for hours with no good outcome. Do not, and I swear DO NOT go with Virgin Media. They are a bunch of lying, cheap scammers.
Overcharge customers. Bullying tactics. Worst customer service.
Shocking service OMG never experienced anything like it before. Virgin media.com has cut off elderly vunerable oap fone line for an upgrade. I have rang there customer service dept 7 times in the last 3 weeks and no one can assist me. All they keep saying is we need a password that they have sent out in a letter in the post which has not arrived at the addresss. I am mortified that they can do this to an vunerable 88 and 85 year old pensioners.... What are they to do if they need a doctor or an ambulance... and what makes it worse they have received 2 bills in the post since the phone line was disconnected. Nearly 3 weeks on and there still without a telephone and no help from customer service. One person there took all my details and said she get back to me (never happened). Please so not go with Virgin Media they are a disgrace to deal with.
Useless customer service 670863302 Virgin were going to install on the 13th fiber and phone line , engineer came and said unable to do as pre installation has not been done . Phoned up virgin they said manager will call you on 24 hours . I said highly unlikely well 24 hours passed no call spent 3 hours chasing up . My lines are due to move from bt to virgin on the 16th . Virgin said they can do nothing until the the 24th I feel I have been messed about with Manager who dose not call . What can I do, manager is missing in action and fiber virgin unable to make and keep appointments water a lot of customers time . They sent Richard Brandon’s into orbit but they can’t install my fibre and arrange for a call back from a manager very poor service , I’m not even I customer yet and the treatment has been the terrible been with bt for 30 years and no issues whatsoever. Going to cancel stick with bt , I think virgin will bring down the reputation of o2 . I’m a o2 customer might leave them as they are connected with virgin . I suggest think twice before joining virgin . All they had to do was call me and not make me waste time chasing . Update I have now cancelled and will stay with bt virgin is a joke . Customer service is appalling wait for hours and hours . Deal anytime virgin broad 300 Al in £26. They keep putting the phone down On purpose Philippine call centre good for one word sorry . That’s why virgin took there centers there as they are the best at saying sorry sir every 1 second, lovely people but ain’t got a clue . Frustrating. Hot weather in car making calls for nearly 4 hours for them to keep putting the phone down so happy I cancelled.
Virgin mobile gave my pac code to a scammer, and I lost my number . No apologies from virgin - instead they blamed me. Shambolic, pathetic, and crass customer service. I will leave and suggest others do too.
The worst company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with Indian call centre with rude, condescending, unprofessional and patronising staff, hideous company
After 4 years of waiting for the CISAS to assist with my complaint against Virgin I had to give up and pay today as I needed to clear my credit score for a mortgage. Held to ransom for 4 years by a company of con artists who fail to provide the service they advertise and then bill you for it after they cut your phone line. Do yourself a favour if you're reading this, never buy anything from Virgin ever. You'll regret it if you do!
Virgin Media is rated 1.2 based on 1,785 reviews