BOATsmart! Reviews

of reviewers recommend BOATsmart!
4.4
Based on 8,058 reviews
Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Read BOATsmart! Reviews

1-877-792-3926

info@boatsmartexam.com

Tell us how BOATsmart! made you happy
Product is okay. Much of it is simply listening to someone read text out load while looking at the text. There is no way to move ahead if you are done, so not only is it boring, but you end up wasting a lot of time waiting for the audio to finish. Also, many of the lesson timers are out of sync with the audio, even though you have finished there is still 1,2,or 3 mins left to wait for the timer. The sections with video are better. On an iPad or computer if you fail a quiz you need to go through the entire module before trying again. However, on your phone you can not only take the quiz again immediately, you can also see the questions you got wrong. My son failed two of the quizzes so wasted a lot of time redoing modules until my wife realized the phone worked differently. Consistency would be nice. Over an okay experience.
Course is great. My husband had a small problem printing his temp certificate. I called in May and got great customer service. Had his temp cert immediately and got his card within 10 days. Unfortunately I passed on June 10th and I still haven’t received my card. I emailed July 7 and got a reply confirming my address but 14 days later still no card and no one will answer the phone or return my calls. My temp runs out in 2 weeks and I need it for a trip I’m taking in August. I don’t like giving a poor review but right now I’m not a happy camper. 😞
It’s too long.
I read at least twice as fast as the timer. I understand you want to make sure people read everything, but there must be a better way to do it. The experience was quite aggravating
The questions asked in quizzes were usually not very helpful. A lot of questions involved asking about “which organization does this” instead of focusing on practical rules and regulations. There was also a lot of repetition in the course. As an educator myself, I think it could be updated to provide a better educational experience that makes it easier to remember information. More interactive modules would be helpful too.
Good content but very long, somewhat repetitive, and time forced to sit on each page make it take far too long.
If a road license was this extensive there would be few drivers on the road. I have to believe there are a great many unlicensed drivers on the water because the material is too extensive and the exam too tough. Seems to me that there could be a number of licence levels which satisfy particular needs. Operating a small boat on my local lake vs a cruiser on the St. Lawrence River is decidedly different.
Undistinguished
Good information, however on some lessons the time you are required to stay on the lesson is too, too long. This is especially true for someone with any boating or water or health knowledge.
Quality of course was fine but I didn’t appreciate the timed slides and not being able to progress until the timer was over, I am a fast reader and this wasted quite a bit of time. Seems unnecessary given end of module quizzes and a final exam to prove knowledge was obtained.
Course was alright but you have to wait on a lot of the segments sometimes up to 2 1/2 minutes when finished to start the next one
Should be more tailored to the type of boat you will be driving.
A deliberate focus on language and question structure that parallels the Canadian transport ministry test would increase the efficacy of the course
No feedback on quizzes or test. Would love to know which questions I got wrong so that I could learn more. At least one of the questions did not match up with the material (percentage of deaths related to faulty equipment, material said 4% deaths and 8% of accidents but answers were 3% or 8% for deaths).
I've been riding dirt bikes since I was 9 years old, at 61 I ride one of the most technologically advanced motorcycles on the planet BMWK1600gtl, I've been pulling toy hauler travel trailers since i was 18, I own a 800 side by side and two 500cc quads lawn tractors, chain saws you name it I have operated it. I knew boating was a whole different ball game I've been a guest on my cousins big boat many times and felt confident I could make my way with my equipment experience without going through the bureaucratic nonsense. I have grandsons now and I need to set a good example, I have twelve pages of notes, any outdoor activity is dangerous but a watercraft is the nuclear equivalent, when things go bad they can go really bad and you cant walk away even if you are able. I am so glad I made the time and took the time to do this on line course its excellent, informative, user friendly and most of all makes you aware of all the Navigational signs, beacons and buoys that our government deploys to keep us all safe, the Lateral and Cardinal systems are an engineering marvel.
The course was good. The one thing I do not like is you don't let us review the questions we missed. I would like to know which questions I got wrong so I can learn from the mistake. At this point I'm not sure where I'm wrong and what the right answer is. Plus none of your affiliate links are valid
I would have liked to see the answers that I have gotten wrong to better myself.
Great learning materials but I had already studied the book (not realizing the course and the book were the same) and then had to wait for the timers before being slowed to move through the lessons. Four hours was TOO long, especially because I had learned the material earlier. Customers should be able to skip through lessons and then move on if they get the quizzes correct. If they don’t score 80 on the quiz, then perhaps they should be forced to sit through the timers.
Videos were useful and kept attention on what was otherwise a dry course. All the information was clear, and the end-of-module summaries good for revision. The quiz at the end of each section was frustrating, because no way to know which answers were wrong, and therefore to know what to go back and restudy before final exam. In addition, I found a proportion of the final exam questions did not map directly onto information in the course. Thank goodness it was open book, so I could check my answers before submitting! Fair price and bulk discounts useful.
Way over 3 hours. Many Questions were not applicable