Books Go Social Reviews

00 353 86 8369254

lob@yourasms.com

5 Dame Lane

Tell us how Books Go Social made you happy
I received a full refund though I had not asked for one. I would have preferred to get the service. But they are honest.
What did they do? Nothing. When I asked about the ads, they didn't answer. I sold more books (more than 0 is easy) with a guy I hired on Fiverr, and for far less money. The only thing they do is to tell you what to do, they don't do it for you. How helping!
Hi Gabrielle. I am sorry we were unable to sell this book. We have a full money-back guarantee so you get all your money back. Bilingual speculative fiction can present challenges, but you will get all your money back on the service you paid for.
I am amending the one-star review to five. It was a misunderstanding on my part. BooksGoSocial, went out their way for me. Not only that they refunded my money in full, they continued with the service is if paid in full. They really went way, way out of their way for me...and that's what I call good business. I highly recommend this service. I got more clicks and more attention on my sites. Good going BGS. I definitely will do more business with you. Have a good day. A safe day!
Sav e your money. I spent hundreds of dollars for promotion, supplied them with all the information needed. And then, I was forgotten. It was left up to me to inquire. The results were dismal. No activity with my book on Amazon. When I approached them, they gave me excuses after excuses. To top it all off, I again wrote an email and the answer was shocking. And this is after a month of them sitting on my account : We are running your Amazon ads, but they are very slow to start. Initially, I gave them my pre-order information. Read the following..... I should get a refund!!!!!! Will your book be available for pre-order as well? It will help boost ads and orders. Alternatively, we can switch to Facebook.
Hi HD, we will refund you as we promise to do. Amazon ads are slow to start, as we bid medium. We do offer to switch budgets to Facebook ads if you need a faster result, but having Amazon ads running is recommended, even if they do take time, often 3-5 weeks to even show to readers, which is what Amazon admits. Please email: admin@booksgosocial.com for your refund.
I found this service from a writer friend's Face Book post now over a year ago, paid for some initial help in editing my blurb and creating a sub-title, then Amazon, Pinterest, and Face Book ads. At every step, the cost was very fair (and far less than the typical author marketing services), The communications have always been to the point and fast. Most of all, my sales have been remarkable and from many regions. I had only my own hand-to-hand sales to relatives and friends before. Excellent reviews of my work keep piling in on several Amazon regional sites, Good Reads, Smashwords, and Kobo. The book we have been working on together has even made some honest best-seller lists. I don't hesitate to recommend this group to any author. In my experience Books Go Social will not take on a project unless it believes it can help. This is not a "we'll take you money and give it a try" business.
I paid them to promote my book, but they didn't do it. A year later they sent me a survey asking how they did. I told them that they failed to perform the service, and received an email. They asked me to let them make a new cover for my book, which I was excited about. I told them what my character looks like, and they asked me to find two stock photos. They made it sound like they were bending over backwards. They said, 'We pay for everything....I think I am slightly crazy...don't tell everyone I do this!' The stock photos cost just over a 3rd of what I paid them, and their 'design' method would have taken five mins. I wanted a black teenager wearing armour and a red cape. The'aint no stock photos that come close to that, but I thought they'd edit the detail in. Nope. They wanted to bang one photo on the top of the other and call it a cover. Because I couldn't find a black girl in armour with bushy hair, the cover proposed was gonna be a floating head in front of some burning trees. Anyone with any basic photoshop skills can do this. Even a newbie with no photoshop skills could figure out how to do this. I told them I changed my mind and to either do what I paid for or give me a refund. The review isn't one star because they gave me a refund.
Hi, we were going to provide the full service you paid and a free cover for you too. The reason the service couldn't start was that you didn't have reviews. We can't start a promotion for a book with no reviews. We emailed you about this and finally you responded to our survey and we offered a free ebook cover to help you. I am sorry you aren't happy, but you have received all your money back. We keep our word. We refund where we can't help.
I've wasted hundreds of dollars on BooksgoSocial. I tried every one of their marketing options believing all of their made-up hype. However, I did not try their expensive Amazon Ads, which I figured would be another failure like the rest of their marketing. I never sold one book with them. I can't believe that BooksgoSocial is now charging authors for their newsletter which gives publishing advice. Bookbub and others offer their newsletters for free. I have unsubscribed from BooksgoSocial about 3 times, yet they still send me emails trying to sell me their worthless marketing. I agree with the others about their Netgalley service. I finally asked for a refund because after a month, they had not listed it though they originally said the Netgalley listing would go up in five days.
I hope you use our refund policy to receive your money back. More on that below. We refund authors every week and have no problem refunding. I am sorry you were disappointed. We can't help every author and every book which is why we refund when we can't help sell books. The publishing advice email you speak about includes free extras including a free place on NetGalley for a month worth $79. See the details of all the free extras here: https://laurenceobryan.substack.com/p/publishingreinvented-13-purpose-in We also have a lot of 100% free advice at our blog here: https://services4authors.com/ You can also access our training courses free as a member. That's $600 of training. I am sorry you are angry that we didn't even sell one book......here's our promise to you.....email us all your payment details and we will refund every cent you paid us. Email us at: admin@booksgosocial.com
Having attended several writer's conferences in the US I have never encountered an organization so committed to helping authors reach potential readers of their books. Laurence O'Bryan, Books Go Social founder, continues to provide advertising, marketing and tutorial support that engages and inspires authors of all levels via an online outreach crossing continents from Dublin, to Nova Scotia, Australia and the US. His staff is not only personable, but supportive of each request for guidance and assistance. The Dublin Writer's Conference continues to expand its offerings and hosts presentations by experts in the field of writing, film, sales and marketing. If you are searching for a writer's organization that cares, you can't do better than getting in contact with Books Go Social.
Books Go Social provide the highest quality services to authors I have come across. I've been with them for about a year and it's the best decision, as an indie author, that I have made. They offer not just very affordable promotion services but a host of support and advice. My sales have been growing steadily. From total obscurity my books are gaining traction every day. BGS: simply superb.
Waste of money. Amazon ads were a disaster, so they offered to switch to Facebook ads. I ran an ad of my own in parallel and then switched it off to see whether it was my ad or theirs making the sales. A week after I turned off my ad, the sales stopped. I have no experience with this kind of stuff, but even a rank amateur like me can do better. I've asked for a full refund, let's see if I get it. I'm giving 2 stars instead of 1 because the people responding to my emails have been polite. But at the end of the day, my investment has flopped.
Blair, I hope the refund helped reassure you that we are interested in delivering a reliable and fair service.
They did give me a refund in full plus administrative costs. For that, I thank them.
They promise the moon but you get nothing in return. I received no feedback from them and my book sales were zero. Oh, I did get two reviews out of it, both terrible. Before that, reviews of my book were positive. I would steer clear of them. Money wasted. Try Bargain Booksy and Book Doggy. I went with them after my sorry experience with Books-go-social and the result was tremendous.
I am very sorry you were disappointed. We can't control the reviews books get. That would be against Amazon rules. We only offer a NetGalley place to help get reviews as an optional free extra. The vast majority of the over 5,000 book reviews we have received for authors are positive or very positive. What we can do is give you a 100% refund. Simply email admin@booksgosocial.com and you will be refunded in full.
Thanks BooksGoSocial! I just wanted to let people know I am very grateful to the team at BooksGoSocial. They transformed my book with a new cover, reviews and a new description. I had no idea these were holding me back and I wasted a lot of dollars on ads with other promo services. If you want to sell books, these are the people who can make it happen. My sales have jumped since we fixed all these things.
I just got my money back in full from BooksGoSocial. My promo campaign did not work and it was comin up to the 60 days so I asked for my money back. I got it! They may not be able to sell your book, but they do keep their word on their guarantee.
Spend your money somewhere else, because your book or your name won't even appear in ANY search engines with BooksGoSocial. Instead they will promise you to help (for your money, of course) with the book cover design (really weird though, I'd rather hire a rookie freelancer at Upwork, than to trust BooksGoSocial), proofreading, promo, etc. But this is just a scam... Or you'll get a student' work for the upscale (read, rather expensive) rate...
We offer a money-back guarantee. We also provide free cover upgrades. Sometimes a cover is just not right for a genre or it looks home made. Not sure why you refuse to put your name on this, but if you are a real customer of ours just email: admin@booksgosocial.com quoting when and how much you paid and you will get a refund.
Stay away from BooksGoSocial. When you buy the silver membership they guarantee a placement on Net Galley. I joined, paid my money and they emailed me to say "there's a possibility Net Galley might not want to list it (my book)." Caveat Emptor - let the buyer beware!
Hi, does this refer to the book "How To Be An Escort?" As we say, we are happy to refund you in full. We advise you to change the title of your book and its cover to help it sell. We are offering to refund you in full if you don't like our advice. Books with no reviews, a stock Amazon cover and a title unlikely to appeal to a wide audience are unlikely to do well and we reserve the right to refund you if you are unwilling to take advice.
A few months ago I misunderstood something and gave BGS a poor review. This is to set the record straight. BGS are one of the good guys in indie promotion - possibly the best. They have a wide range of services, which are operated with energy and efficiency. They almost invariably do what they say, and on the very rare occasions they can't they offer a refund - and there aren't many organisations in this business that will do that! I recommend them, and am sorry for the earlier, negative review. I've been on the receiving end of those and know what they feel like.
I was disappointed to find that BooksGoSocial wanted me to change my book description. Too short, they claimed. They also asked me to get some reader reviews. They offered me a free place on NetGalley, but that means letting people read your book for free, which I do not agree with. I am giving 4 stars because my money was refunded in full and I was given personal advice on how to improve my book description on Amazon. I've never seen a cash refund for promotions before. I wasted hundreds on Facebook ads and had no chance to get my money back. Thank you, BooksGoSocial!
The best book promotion service I have found. The only ones who do Amazon ads and provide social promotion. They made a lot of suggestions about my cover and book description, but they also gave me a free ebook cover and edited my description for free. I know some people object to a book promotion service giving advice on covers and descriptions, but BooksGoSocial certainly helped me get my sales going, so I can see the value in what they said. I cannot tell you what I went through with other marketing services. They charged me a lot more. O'Bryan provides a great service, but be warned, you have to be open to changing how your book looks on Amazon. If you hate the idea of making changes to your baby they are not for you.
Great service! They delivered everything promised. We had an issue with my description on Amazon, but they helped me update it for free. Book sales have def increased. But you do have to be willing to make changes to the way your book is presented,
Books Go Social is rated 3.57 based on 167 reviews