British Gas Reviews

Read British Gas Reviews

customerservice@britishgas.co.uk

PO Box 4805

Tell us how British Gas made you happy
I had arranged to have a Gas Smart Meter and Smart monitors for both gas and electricity installed for 11 October 2021. I have been waiting weeks for the engineer. For some reason, British Gas decided to change my contact details and state a number which I have never had or know of. I have spent an inordinate amount of time today and took the time off work with the NHS to be at home. I eventually managed to get through and was told that the engineer could not be contacted by phone and the appointment would have to be changed if the engineer did not pick up. How dare British Gas to change my contact number without permission!!!! I am so frustrated with the service of British Gas and communication with British Gas - it is absolutely appalling!!! so much time has been wasted dealing with them!!! They do not even deserve any stars for their service.
What a ridculous company. So I was offered a deal for the Hive heating control system. Went through the whole process added that I wanted it fitted to get through to the end to have them say they cant fit them as no available fitters. Wasted 30 mins, also had to registered with HIVE. Could have saved myself a lot of time if they had put no one avaialbe to fit in the first place. What a joke!!!!!! They offer less than half the services they complain. If I hadnt already renewed my waste of time homecare I wouldnt have. I will not be next year. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Boiler installation cancelled Sat lunchtime with less than 36 hrs notice ,this company are a complete waste of time ,had the nerve to offer next appointment for 10th January, so no heating for the winter and does not seem to concern them ,
Very poor service, never takeout the homecare. You be waiting for years for problems to be resolved. Very quick to take money slower than snail to resolve issues.
L had an agreed DD for £33-85 and without any notification British gas took £200-73 . After disputing this amount £224-38 was refunded. The following month another £220-73 was removed from my account. After waiting on the phone and having it hung up on me twice I was told that they couldn't see there was a problem. I survive on a very small pension and I live in a small 1 bedroom flat. I raised 2 complaints and was assured that someone would contact me They never have. I have since changed my utilities supplier. I have also heard of 4 other people who have had the same problems.The fact that they have taken money from my account without authorisation is tantamount to theft.
Been trying to sort out my account since July having been bereaved in February and on the priority service register . Keep sending me cheques I'm not due thus putting my account in debit. Utterly appalling service.
Useless company. I had a d.d set up for £34. Without notification they took out £200-73. I raised 2 complaints with customer services. Heard nothing. They will steal your money.
Worst company I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Disputed bill amounts over 2 years ago and put in numerous complaints only for them to send the debt to debt collectors whilst I have been waiting for a response from their team. Complaints have been closed with no response and further threatening letters have been sent whilst I have been doing everything in my power to contact them/ get this resolved.
Appalling company needs investigating. I'm owed over £600 , for overcharged bills. Ceo needs to stop feathering his nest at customers expense.
Awful,I had a pay and go electric meter and they sent me a bill for 133.00.I questioned it only to be connected to an overseas call centre.I was then accused of not crediting the meter for the last 3 months whilst living there.I will be taking this further and they need to stick to uk centres.Ive never been so insulted I've basically been called a thief and lier
I have home care with British gas and have done for years now. But over the past few years we've had constant problems with anyone coming to service our boiler. Each time an appointment is made it gets cancelled. BG rang me to make an appointment for someone to service it in September and two day's later I had a missed call, when I rang the number bk the automated voice said it wasn't anything to worry about and no need to get in touch so I didn't. The day the service was arrange for no one came, when I rang they said I had cancelled it!! I'm waiting for someone to ring me now about my complaint. Company takes our hard earned money each month under false pretences. Looks like they'll be losing a loyal customer.
Never known nothing like this in my life customer service is discusting they just fob you off with “an engineer is coming in the next 3 hours” think it’s there favourite line !! (Paid to talk rubbish) you can barely understand the person on other end of phone in ten months I’ve had 4 sets (gas and electric changed every time) of meters once they go they go it’s all off and they leave me with 3 kids over 24 hours with no electricity at this current moment I’m here with no gas cos no matter how many gas they tell me to go get it don’t work A MOVE IS A MUST SUPPLIER NEEDS TO CHANGE ASAP! They just don’t care Aslong as there getting paid
British Gas is a complete waste of time. Faulty smart metres not working properly therefore overcharging me and money wasting. Their tariffs are not cheap but a rip off and sky high. BEWARE and STAY AWAY!
Been with this company for years, but looking to switch, their so called customer service is abismol, at best, you definitely don't feel valued, waited 45 minutes to get answered, and the female who took the call, spoke only little English, and because I couldn't understand, and had to keep saying, can you repeat that please, just hung up on me, I'm definitely looking to switch.
Joined as A new customer over A year ago. was told to submit reading online. website would not alow me to submit reading as no readings had ever been submitted before. tried to ring them to explain the problem but inforemd no operators as covic restrictions. eventualy found an emergency number and guy said he could take reading and put on system. gave reading but never got on system. after this I went back on the website and made A complaint through the british gas complaints porthall. they responded seven days later to say not the right place to make this sort of complaint and to contact british gas customer services. I give up. they are A complete waste of space.
A typical ex-nationalised 'untouchable' company operating fraudulently. British Gas hoodwinked my restaurant staff in Nov 2018 to 'fix' the smart meter to work on MAXDEMAND tariff which means a minimum bill is issued irrespective of actual usage. Bills went from £111 to £1505 monthly which forced closure of this small restaurant. Knowledge of MAXDEMAND tariff did not come about until 2021. BG offered no such contract nor explanation nor willingness to resolve. If this was not true, I would be sued. British Gas are definitely NOT RECOMMENDED as business suppliers. For 3 years British Gas have refused to justify or correct (several complaints raised & Ombudsman refused to investigate claiming Smart Meters are enforced by law but there is no legislation for lack of mobile signal/defaulting to maximum usage bills) their [default/estimated] overcharged bills until the posting of online reviews. Now (10/21), overcharged by £20k I am forced to take BGB to court for £19k refund & loss of profit: unlikely to get more than refund so AVOID! Simply cannot do worse. Additionally, BG have unwarrantedly damaged my credit rating. Complaint ref.: 5023866128
AWFUL, LIARS, CHEATS. NOT EVEN A ONE STAR. THE HOME EMERGENCY TEAM ARE LIARS AND PRESENT BG AWFULLY. SPOKE TO THE HOMECARE EMERGENCY TEAM REGARDING WATER IN THE BASEMENT. THE ADVISER STATED HE HAS BOOKED AN ENGINEER TO COME OUT FOR THAT VERY DAY. NO ONE TURNED UP. CALLED THE NEXT DAY AND FOUND OUT THAT THE AWFUL, CHEATING ADVISER HADNT LOGGED ANY EMERGENCIES OR MY PHONE CONVERSATION. LIARS AND CHEATS. DONT USE THEM. THERE ARE OTHER ORGANISATIONS THAT DO A MUCH BETTER JOB.
During pandemic unable to have my yearly check wrote to me apologising with a refund
Terrible customer service..on the phone for one hour each time waiting to speak to a human. Over charged us for when we didn't even live or own the property. Not to mention this is the company who sacked hundreds of employees because they wouldn't work for less money than they were already on. And the CEO pocketed £2million on shares after this action. Finally a darn waste of paper with their repetitive multiple sheet post
British Gas is rated 1.29 based on 1,308 reviews