British Gas Reviews

Steve
British Gas 1 star review on 22nd January 2020
Michael Coulson
More Photos & Videos
I am so sad to have to voice my
opinion on the new BG app. What a disaster. Over typing on some aspects of the app so information can’t be seen. I have used the old BG app for quite a few years with no problems whatsoever. My old app directed me to download the NEW app. What a shame because it is dreadful. Sorry BG
Shocking, paid for top of range boiler. Leaked into kitchen ceiling, 5 engineers later fixed. 2 weeks later, leak in bedroom ceiling from where engineer failed to screw pipe connectors correctly. Absolute shambles. Stay away.
Utterly appalling. Treatment of my 92 year old mother is disgraceful after decades of loyalty.

No doubt director's bonuses will be unaffected by the pandemic...
Over charged can’t get them on phone avoid
Absolutely shocking service and want to blame the current pandemic. Have cost me money, wouldn't clear debts on the meters when I moved in, have been lied to by multiple people. On changing suppliers.
Just booked a repair on my boiler, no hot water. Easy to book a repair on line in less than 5 minutes. Engineer friendly, courteous and efficient. Came the next day. Thank you British Gas
Disgusting service. Don’t even go there. They will keep your money even if you just top up a card or key.
Agree with all reviews. I have wasted hours of my life trying to sort out simple issues. I finally managed to get an engineer to change a prepayment meter to a credit meter at a new property, but the change did not show on the account. I then wasted hours trying unsuccessfully to sort this out and also to change from (expensive) Economy 7 because we removed the old storage heaters. The customer service is atrocious, both on the telephone and on the online Chat system. They agents are not trained, and the system doesn't work. British Gas is now owned by the infamous Centrica, which is interested only in profit. If other reviews are correct, and it is difficult to switch, then I'm not surprised people are driven to the brink of suicide. A truly shocking company to be avoided like the Plague.
Tragic. The worst provider ever. I topped up my key that at the end was not working and made everything they could not to give my money back.
The worst provider ever. The advisors on the phone, they just hung up when they realise they don’t know the solution of your problem. I had £20 on a key that was not working and they made fun of me without giving me my money back
Very bad,company not recommended to anyone.
I'm a tanant living in a rented house for 10 years , british gas comes to check my gas meter . They take it from my rented house , because they said this meter should be her (against our term and conditions ) and they gave me pay as you go , after that I received a letter from british gas with a fine over £4000 . I went to citizen advice ,to make a complain , never write back to me again .now I can't change supplier.becauce they block my account and they charge me extra money with pay as you go card .
A disguising company that has taken me to the brink of suicide for £80 which is overdue by 10 days. Continual bombardment of telephone calls and text messages. Its relentless, despite explaining to British Gas how they are making me feel, British Gas decided to step up their nasty campaign with text messages. The directors of British Gas should be prosecuted and handed custodial prison sentences.
Avoid avoid avoid

Told us we were on a fixed monthly rate, can leave at any time. Tried to leave and all of a sudden we owe them money, lots of threats, corrupt organisation!
I have boiler and home car service. It was a good service a few years ago. It is terrible now, an appointment can only be made 2 months in advance, they cancel and push you back a month. if you have an issue they find ways to say the work isn't covered and charge you double the price I got quoted from other plumbers. Keep away from them
Trying to leave is impossible. Just don't sign up in the first place. 9 years I have been with them, there is a reason they are cutting so many jobs and loosing so many accounts.

Avoid at all costs
I’ve found British Gas not to be customer friendly, many staff are rude - one used profanity on the phone to me - and BG denied it but after much pushing they agreed and apologised. I’ve had issues with discrepancies in info given, bills are exceptionally high, and when wanting to discuss a query to my bill they were not willing to help and asked me to refer it to the ombudsman. Staff lack care and empathy. Calls are not returned etc. I won’t be a customer of theirs again!
Really expensive and a rubbish customer service. I work shifts British gas sent an engineer to my home without an appointment and woke me up when I was working nights. Their customer service was so poor I charged to bulb.
Not a clue what they are doing, blame everyone else they can. Do not contact you when there is an issue then massivly overcharge you
Terrible gas & electrical supplier, my elderly parents have been with British Gas for 7 years and after looking at their bills a year ago (as I’d had enough of the premium prices they were paying) £700 over 3 months! I moved them to Pure planet for both gas & electric, there bill is now £1,135.00 a year compared to the staggering £2,300 with British Gas, they are the worst people to have your gas & electric with, be warned they rip people off my parents will never return to pay them a single penny again - I did try looking at their other tariffs they were all expensive!
Hard to get hold of staff who are inept & inefficient. Totally unable to book a boiler service which was due 6 weeks ago but now they tell me is not due. Last time the "engineer"clipped a wire around a coil which left the boiler to constantly call for hot water. Was told it was dangerous but "engineer" wouldn't come back so had to book another one to correct bad workmanship & no compensation for no heating for 2 days. British Gas used to have such a good reputation but now am totally disillusioned with this "service" or rather lack of it.
British Gas is rated 1.33 based on 749 reviews