British Gas Reviews

Read British Gas Reviews

customerservice@britishgas.co.uk

PO Box 4805

Tell us how British Gas made you happy
Organised an appointment for an engineer for an annual service on my boiler and he cancelled due to a home emergency (ironic). Rescheduled and this time the engineer didn't even bother to turn up or call the explain. Have made a third appointment in two weeks now to see if this time they appear. The customer service is APPALLING! It's actually quite funny how bad it is, only one operator on the chat (Sachin -- don't call as it's bots who guide you to nothing except the opportunity to hang up on you) was any good. Overall, British Gas are not good for what they used to be the Rolls Royce of - servicing boilers. I'm sure there are plenty of others who are happy to help, especially smaller, local firms who would be keen to step in where British Gas can't be bothered to tread. Let's see
Absolute rip off... I've cancelled my contract as I was moving homes and didn't want to carry on with this provider. Before cancelling, I checked my account and my account was on credit for both electricity and gas. Surprise, surprise, when I cancelled and gave them my meter reading, I received a combined bill of £270! In other words, they can do what they want and you have not options. There are much better / cheaper providers out there. I've moved to Bulb and so far, I am happy with their services.
British Gas has over the last 2 months been the obsolute worse to deal with. Their server had gone down which had forced our meter to disconnect from their server not sending readings. Nearly a year went by and no one had informed us of anything, until we got a £300 bill. Once this was explained to us (7 phone calls in) we agreed we owed the money and would like 1 simple request before paying, a list of our monthly usage so we can confirm the amount. Yet here we stand with no monthly usage sent, around 18 phone calls and an outstanding bill. We were ensured by their agents no one would take action against us while we sort this out, yet we have 5 outstanding compliants, no one calls us back, letters saying we will be passed to debt collection and it just seems british gas would rather have their money than help their customers with their customer service. If your reading this review, go to someone else for your services! British Gas, feel free to reach me if you would like to sort this out.
best customer service i ever received Problem solved very polite helpful and understanding Spoke with Vicki very understandable and so helpful Thank you Dave
British Gas are the best. They supported me during crisis. They listened to and assisted all through. Thanks so much for all your supports. Especially one of the staff called ODILLE. God bless you all
They are using I won't recommend them I will rip you off so glad we leaving them I don't want to give them one star either
British Gas advert on TV is incredibly confusing and is as poor as bad art. No idea what the singer is continually repeating therefore cannot link this to the visuals. Is this the best you can do to inform potential clients. It must have cost next to nothing to produce - sounds like your ad company employed an enraged10 year old kid with bad attitude to continually scream a line through a synthesiser. It’s so poor it can only be laughed at for being pointless and ineffectual. Do you really have to subject gas consumers to this utter drivel?
Trying to obtain money’s though fraudulent means... I feel I have to write this review as everyone should realise the seriousness of what this company keep doing to people (I myself included) I recently left them on the 24th of August as I always felt my bills was way to high (every 3 months my bills would come to about £250) and I’m 1 person living in a 1 bedroom flat . I hardly use anything . Just a tv and very really use anything else (my previous bills with another company was only £80 for the 3 months) big difference to what British Gas are changing ! So I was made to join British Gas due to my other energy supplier went into liquidation. So I was forced into having these rob dogging scamming Con men as my supplier . So I just left them on the 24th of august and they sent me a bill (dated from the 2nd of July until the 23rd of august of £120) I know my bill should be only £20 and I phoned them up to tell them they got it wrong .. well after many dropped phone calls (people just hanging up on you) and people being rude and shouting down the phone I finally talk to someone of polite manner . Who did confirm that my last bill with them (as I found a better supplier) would be only £20 (not £120) well I paid the £20 and thought nothing more of it , then today I go to check my account to finally see an end account balance that should only be £0 well to my utter surprise and astonishment my account balance was £3064.59p !!! Yes you read that right over £3000 !!! Well you can imagine how that must make someone feel . I rang them up (to have the phone put down on me 3 times again without even a word spoken) to finally get through to someone who said a manager would phone me back before 5pm end of business .. well guess what !!! No 1 did phone me . So now I’m left waiting another day to sort this out .. all this happening while my elderly mother is poorly in hospital and this is hanging over me the thought they are wanting £3000 out of me when I have evidence I sent them full payment for my final bill (of £20) , this is unbelievable! they must get cheap thrills out of frightening people half to death with ludicrous bills they are sending to people .. I dread to think how they treat the elderly and the vulnerable , I bet on days they have a bored meetings I can just imagine them all sitting around a table like Frankenstein and Dracula wondering what ways they can suck the life blood out of more people , people like this should be publicly ashamed and have rotten vegetables thrown at them . The way they have made me feel is physically sick and I won’t let this drop . £3064.59p !!! They can go and whistle for it .
My mother died in May 2021 and my sister who does not keep well was her next of kin dealing with everything from her funeral arrangements to closing all her accounts and settling her bills etc ,,, British Gas owed my mother something in the region of £400 and my sister has had over 40 calls and emails to get this matter resolved and still nothing , and that’s the bereavement who are dealing with her
Looking for a home care policy then do not use British Gas unless you want your home burnt down like they nearly did to mine . April - July tried to fix my tumble dryer by watching you tube videos as their engineers confirmed they are not trained or limited training out in needless parts not genuine manufacturers parts and them fitted the fan in my tumble dryer round the wrong way which could have set on fire
British gas are totally incompetent after having our fire caped & advised by the engineer we had to have a flue liner fitted witch was very expensive now we have a new fire & surround we found out that the liner was not required British refuse to refund us because it was right at the time & when I rang James Hardwick he would not speak to me on the phone what a gutless pratt what is he doing in that job if he is not prepared to talk to people my advice is drop British gas like a bad habit watch trust pilot as this is not over yet
What can I say that hasn’t already been said… awful company, they really have zero customer service, I have had a faulty smart meter fitted , which has been overcharging me for years, and it’s impossible to communicate with them, they just increase the direct debit constantly. British Gas really are the parasites of energy companies. If you have any common sense, you will read these reviews and avoid at all costs.
I set up a direct debit with this joke of a company for my gas they then had the audacity to take an unauthorised payment from my account within a few days of setting up the direct debit for electricity not gas I phoned there customer service , who had no idea why this payment had been taken from my account , and to go to the bank and get a refund , I sent in a written complaint to British Gas within a couple of day a so called manager contacted me claiming that bg had sent me an e mail on a certain date advising me that they were taking this payment , no such email has ever arrived in my inbox , but there rubbish complete a quick survey has .
I had a homecare package with British Gas for nine (9) years they came once a year to " service " my boiler , when it failed in January this year ( 2021 ) I had no hot water or central heating and they said they couldn't come and fix it for three ( 3) weeks ! . When I called out a local c/ heating firm who came the same day , they said " I don't know what B/G have been doing for nine years but they haven't been servicing your boiler , the trap was blocked solid with grit and the bearings on the fan motor were about to give up , I have been paying nearly £30 per month for nine years for nothing , I have obviously cancelled my Homecare policy and won't be dealing with British Gas ever again .
Atrocious company , will bully you ( and the staff I have no doubt ) from day one. NOT based in UK , but in India where the staff are payed a pittance. AVOID BG at all costs.
I rarely complain but this company has honestly been the worst I have ever encountered. They billed me for something that actually I already paid. When I tried to contact them about it back in July they said they would deal with it and indeed it was their mistake. Then I received a text message weeks later saying I did not pay a bill and it will go to debt collection. I then phoned them again on top of writing on their live chat with an agent. I was then told they apologised and see will be fixed right away. Today I have received again same message with the debt collection and on live chat they made me wait 3 hours on chat and passed me to 7 'specialists' to then ignore my messages. This has honestly been the worst customer service and overhaul worst company I have ever dealt with. Thank god I do not treat my clients this way!!
Disgusting company. They cut my niece off even though they sent the letters to the wrong address. They lost all the food in their freezer and it’s still not resolved. You are a joke of a company and should never exist.
DO NOT GO WITH BG it will cause nothing but stress in your life they have the worst contact centre i have ever come across they lie continually the staff are so untrained its a shambles. I have had on going complaints since may with them i have phoned up 22 times n done 12 web chats all they are concerned about is as they say can i shut this complaint down!! There is a reason why BG have 50,000 outstanding complaints to deal with so pls DO NOT GO WITH BG you will really regret it
Terrible service
I have had a problem with my smart meter for over 3 months and have called on numerous occasions, to be told on one occasion by Ingram ( apparently he’s one of the managers) that the smart meter will take 7 days to come back online, 3 weeks later I’m still waiting! Amongst other lies by several customer services that they will log a complaint for me( to hear nothing) I keep manually inputting electric money like £30 every other week, I’ve been a customer for over 30 years and am about to leave 🤬
British Gas is rated 1.29 based on 1,308 reviews