British Gas Reviews

Read British Gas Reviews

customerservice@britishgas.co.uk

PO Box 4805

Tell us how British Gas made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
British Gas 1 star review on 14th March 2020
Sabrina
British Gas 1 star review on 6th December 2017
Surrey Vince
More Photos & Videos
The company is a humiliation to the
Uk . The customers service is in
South Africa ... they are con artists on the smart meter the bills are extremely ...
Expensive like a mortgage.
They should change there name from British Gas to South African gas
IT SUCKS, SUCH A TERRIBLE COMPANY IN MY WHOLE LIFE.
PLEASE NOT TO JOIN THIS COMPANY. THE WEBSITES DOESN'T WORK WELL BUT THEY HAVE NO IDEAS TO FIX.
ALTHOUGH I CALL THEM SEVERAL TIMES BECAUSE OF THE SAME REASON, THEY NEVER DEAL WITH THE PROBLEM THAT I FACED. TOTALLY RUBBISH, THEY DON'T HAVE WRINKLES ON THEIR BRAIN. I DON'T WANT TO GIVE EVEN ONE STAR.
The customer service agent have no k knowledge at all and I have a feeling g they are not from here either they cant even speak in clear manner I wanted speak to so.eone who is based in uk not india omg its changed so much over one year before there were customer agents from actual UK not in nother country.
I have been in my property for 8 weeks with an electricity bill on £485.00. I’m not even fully living in the property and have no odd appliances that eat energy. Excessive !!also there is definitely a problem somewhere !! British Gas have asked for a meter reading track for 7 days and my account manager from complaints dept was due to call me ...... no call
I then called customer service and speak to an agent called Rix . No empathy , complete lack of knowledge regarding the complaint but full of non helpful opinions and very negative and a little sarcastic The only offer was to go on a comparison site and find another provider!!
Still no call from customer complaints.
So after 25 years with British has changed provider.
It’s such a shame as I have been very loyal to the company but obviously that doesn’t work both ways .
I would like to say however that Craig in customer complaints was more helpful and understanding. More staff of that quality British Gas!!
Absolutely dreadful customer "service". Once waited in all day for engineer no show. When I finally got thru next day they said that I had phoned to cancel!! I asked for the recording and asked why would i take a whole day off work and then cancel it! Annual fee rises every year boiler service due last Nov but earliest slot was Feb. Recd conf email that engineer was coming (night before) guess what? Never showed up. Phoned them (15 mins on hold) re-booked me for following week, took ANOTHER day off work - yep! never showed up. Was furious this time told no engineers available and diff dept sends out the conf emails. Finally go service (the engineer was brilliant) then decided to cancel my agreement (u don't need to give notice) did this over phone a week ago& cancelled my DD. They promised me conf letter, called them today - it had not been generated system error. Another person said I wld rec conf email but another said it's letter only! they just can't get their act together and they DO NOT CARE about the customer. Avoid at all costs!
I am absolutely furious that after taking a day off work, for an appointment scheduled between 10-2, For a smart meter at 1.27 I have been text to reschedule for 13.03, no apparent reason and communication. I run my own business and would never treat my customers with this complete lack of regard it’s appalling. Also as I run my own business if I don’t work I don’t earn!
I will be looking for a different supplier that treats there customers with an idiom of respect.
We had no heat order hot water. Despite having a service contract, the earliest appointment was over 3 weeks away. That is no fun in February. They clearly have no concept of customer service and not enough engineers. The service on my boiler revealed a leak and the engineer fixed it by leaving some kitchen roll to absorb the liquid. Need I say more they need to be investigated
Got the final bill after I moved home, they have took a payment and then sent me another bill with exactly the same amount to pay as it was on my final bill. Rang them up and been told 3 different stories why it is like that. Been asking to transfer me to manager what they haven't managed to do at all even though I was with them for an hour on the line... Would never ever again use this company always over charge for nothing. And wouldn't recomend it to anyone eather. They rates are the most expensive as well so who are thinking to go to British gas don't..
Garbage. Could not diagnose a fuauly pump. Want to replace boiler. Avoid them.
They are absolutely scamming people with the worst service ever seen and experienced . I am in absolute shock, I will be taking them to court
My complaint is like many on here, seems they refuse to listen and learn from their mistakes, or simply don’t care about their customers. We’ve been with British Gas for 8 years, paying monthly by direct debit for home care. Part of this is for an annual check on our gas boiler. Only once in the 8 years has the appointment that was made for an engineers to come out honoured on time. Every time after they just fail to turn up on the appointment day, and when you eventually manage to talk to someone they say, due to sickness bla bla bla, once they said they knocked and no-one was home, so when I mentioned my CCTV and no one had called, they eventually said, oh he off sick. Last year 2019, our gas boiler wasn’t serviced at all, to many failed appointments and I frankly gave up on them. Now were moving home soon, so I called to make an appointment for the gas boiler to be serviced, 3 months was the wait time, so I complained and said we would have moved by then, so I managed to get the appointment for mid-March. If I’m honest I just know they will cancel or just not turn up. I’ve cancelled my account with them. Truly shocking company, only thing we can do it switch and leave, they don’t seem to care about their reputation or customer care, so hit them where it hurts, they cash flow.
Brtish Gas are the worse. My home care cover includes 1 kitchen appliance. It been an absolute nightmare trying to get my dish washer fixed. This has been ongoing for the past year. The issue I have is getting an engineer to actually come out. Often, and despite arranging a visit,no engineer turns up on the day, or they pretend that an engineer came to the house and knocked on the door. Even though I have been in the house waiting all day for the engineer to arrive. This situation occurred a few times. Or an engineer will turn up only to say that the pre ordered parts haven't arrived or that they have arrived only to be sent back to the supplier ( for no reason). So it continues.
Awful customer service. You can't hope to speak to a human about your account. No customer services number past 5pm - dreadful support. The app is inaccessible and the online "chat facility" is on permanent hold. I looked up on their customer series online support, "leave British Gas" or "end contract" and even they came up with no results!
Horrible customer service.
i am chasing for 2 months to sort my supply.

Never use them !!!!!
Tried for 2 weeks to query big hike in homecare costs...unable to talk to anybody. Get messages telling me to phone...18th in queue with 37min wait! Awful.
British Gas. What a joke. My boiler stopped working, so phoned British Gas, who said it wasn't their responsibility, phone my housing association. Just seen an advert stating if anything goes wrong with your boiler phone them. One hand doesn't know what the other is doing. They are basically saying, if you buy a house and been living in it for 20 years, a problem arises, then phone the people that sold the house to rectify the problem. What a joke this company is!!
we had to wait until may 2020 for a service for 2019,all the while paying 20 pounds a month. terrible web site,worse app. 20 minute wait to talk to someone.
What a rip off this company is. I am on prepayment smart meters. Top them up once a fortnight usually £15 on each. The gas lasts approx 4 days and electric almost a month. When you eventually get to talk to someone and ask to offset the money between each, they haven't got a clue. What a joke.
Every time I try to top up my meter & the app says update the current version you attempt to do so and sorry a problem at our end so unable to top up which is not acceptable if very low on credit at the time
Power is never cheep, but as an couple in a small bungalow our average combined monthly bill is £200.00. Last month (27 days) our bill was £800.00! This cant be correct? Something has gone wrong! BG wont even discus the possibility. We will dispute their smart meter, take us to court.
British Gas is rated 1.34 based on 707 reviews