Castlegate Lights Reviews

Read Castlegate Lights Reviews

romena@lyco.co.uk

24-26 Vincent Ave, Crownhill

Tell us how Castlegate Lights made you happy
Received the lamp base and shade I had been searching several months for on their website. Ordering was easy, lamp and shades delivered to me in Ireland in under 10 days and arrived in perfect condition. Lamp is more impressive than I anticipated. Very pleased with the entire process. Would rec to friends.
I ordered an outdoor light from Castlegate Lights. After around 9 months. It stopped working. Seen as it was under 12 months, I contacted CastleGate Lights and at first, they seemed to be helpful, however this soon changed when they demanded I must pay for the courier to send the light back despite The Consumer Rights Act 2015 stating I should not lose out financially as a result of Castlegate's breach of contract and accordingly all costs of returning the item should be met by Castlegate Lights. I tried to educate Castlegate Lights about this but unfortunately I was speaking to Colin Boal who was extremely aggressive and disrespectful towards me. I was surprised later on when I found out this man was the director of this business, I couldn't believe how rudely I was spoken to by a director who should surely know the basic trading principles of the country he operates in. I was so disappointed that I had to fork out and pay an unnecessary cost in order to merely have the working product. My advice to anyone looking to purchase from Mr Colin Boal at Castlegate Lights is to stay well away and find alternative merchants. Here are some good online lighting outlets that actually abide by the consumer rights act: https://www.lights2go.co.uk/ or https://www.wayfair.co.uk/lighting/cat/lighting-c234985.html
My second (and not my last) time of ordering with Castlegate. Lovely lights on both occasions, and superb customer service - really helpful and incredibly prompt. I honestly cannot fault this company - and their prices are good too. I was so impressed with their service I even commented on it to them!
excellent service
I ordered 2 really large chandeliers. They were delivered on time, exactly as specified. I was missing one of 33 lamp shades. They happily sent the other one to me within 3 days. I found them really helpful and would definitely order from them again.
Buy from a local shop/store is my advice! My experience. Bought a lampshade, didn't read every bit of the description. It came quickly but it needed an adaptor to fit any table lamp. I rang Castlegate and they referred me to the description. There was a section about the carrier needed but it wasn't highlighted but there was another section highlighted but not relevant to my purchase (this has highlighted area since been removed) which I did read at the time and dismissed as irrelevant. I was advised I needed a carrier which was £2.50 (plus another £5.10 postage) as it is in various sizes I would need to have someone hold the shade above the lamp holder and measure to get the correct height... well I couldn't have done that without seeing the lampshade! I found the £2.50 carrier on Castlgates website and ordered the 4" carrier that I (thought) needed. It came quickly. It was the correct height but wouldn't fit my lamp holder. It turns out that there are different sized lamp holders the one I had bought was too small, no mention that there were two sizes when I spoke to the advisor. Castlegate do sell a larger diameter version, a bit more expensive but when I looked for the 4" height necessary they don't sell one. And it would have been another £5.10 postage on top! In fairness to Castlegate if I had read everything and checked the specification of all parts I could have made a better decision. I wouldn't have made the initial purchase as basically it wouldn't do the job. That isn't Castlegates fault. However the lesson I have learned is that I would have been better going to a local supplier/specialist. Discussed my needs and got the correct item. I am now frustrated that I have spent good money and don't have anything useful to show for it... lesson learned the hard way!
When i placed my order, i gave my prefered delivery address. I then received an email from the carrier(DPD) that my parcel could not be delivered due to no-one to sign for it. I found that it had been delivered to the wrong address. After giving DPD another address, and later collecting the parcel with my name on it, i found that it contained (with advice note) goods purchased by some-one else. After an email to Castlegate, my correct goods were finally delivered to my primary address,and agreed goodwill compo. I am NOT surprised that, to this date, i have received nothing. Not a good shopping experience at all.
Customer service especially Elaine, went to some trouble tracking down a replacement part for me. Couldn't have asked for better more friendly and efficient service.
Horrific customer service, wrong order delivered......I was blamed for now having someone else's order in my house and sworn at on the phone!! BEWARE, do not use this cowboy company!!
very pleased with the products & the service
Can recommend this company,good service ,competitive pricing,would certainly purchase again from Castle Lights
Very pleased with the lamp, looks great Delivery was very quick and packaged very secure
Prompt, informed and helpful service for a big order. Excellent.
This light is great, just what we where looking for. It looks fantastic
Colin at Castlegate knew his products; I felt comfortable that I was dealing with a person who would care about his customer - unlike some other lighting websites I visited. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Castlegate and Colin. Everything arrived on the date promised - the only missing item followed the following day. I'm extremely happy.
Excellent service, well packed for transit, good coms, would highly recommend.
Took forever to get a refund Would not touch with bargepole in future. hm
My second purchase from Castlegate Lights. I was very impressed with the product quality, speed of delivery and excellent communication on my first purchase but the high standard was not maintained this time. Good communications ( I was informed of a lengthy delivery time and kept informed) but the product, while of good quality, was not as described in the on-line catalogue following a design modification by the manufacturer (chrome suspension rods had been replaced with electrical flex). I was politely offered a full refund but refused any price reduction. Having waited so long for the lights I decided to purchase chrome rods and pay my electrician to re-wire and fit them at a cost of £40. In view of the mis-description I feel that some compensation to help with my additional costs would have been appropriate.
Exactly what we wanted. Quality excellent and good value for money
We are delighted with the products and this is our second batch. Delivery was well packaged and arrived within pre notified 1 hour time window.
Castlegate Lights is rated 4.70 based on 252 reviews