Caversham Vehicle Hire Reviews

4.0
Based on 24 reviews
Telephone

Tell us how Caversham Vehicle Hire made you happy
Friendly, professional and knowledgeable staff. Competively priced and exceptional service. Hire car was immaculate and perfectly maintained. I would highly recommend Caversham Vehicle Hire.
Very satisfied all round. Change to my original booking date was done efficiently. Pick up and return both well handled and completed in good time. Good quality van which performed well, some exterior bodywork damage but that's to be expected and it was all noted. Rates competitive and deposit returned in full one week after hire ended. Would recommend CVH to friends.
Excellent service, vehicle was ready to go at the correct time. Took about 15 minutes to complete check out which is normal. Vehicle was as described and in good condition as well as being clean. Out of hours return was easy and I received my deposit back in good time. Excellent service, many thanks to the team!
Good efficient service. Van was good, and they picked me up from Reading Station, as well as dropping me back there afterwards. Deposit returned after 1 week. Happy and will be a return customer.
Needed a car quick and CVH were able to fulfill the need. Booked online on the thursday evening, collected car on the saturday morning, a quick bit of paperwork and a run through on the cars features, and i was on my way. Lovely BMW 3.18i (at a price very hard to beat) , very clean, new tyres, lovely car, smashing local company. Would recommend, will use again.
Easygoing and friendly, was the cheapest quote by a long way. Van was really nice with lots of extras.
Excellent service and very reasonable rates. Hired a Nissan Qashqai over Christmas, just cleaned as I got there, no problems and a nice car. Painless pick up and drop off and I would recommend them to anyone.
A good experience,, very friendly and helpful .
Lovely people who helped me out at the last minute when my car failed its MOT. Very professional and responsive...can,t thank them enough.
Hired a small car for the weekend. An apparently family run business offering excellent service and rates, would not hesitate to highly recommend and make use of again.
They make hiring easy and no stupid mortgage deposits friendly helpful have used for years and still do even though moved to Dorset from Berkshire
Fantastic professional and friendly service - I needed a car quickly and they bent over backwards to provide one in 5 mins and at a great price. I have hired through them before and the cars and vans are very well presented and of a very high standard. Thank you for being so brilliant, I look forward to hiring from you again.
Great Service highly recomended
Saved my holiday birthday
Just saved my birthday holiday as other companies won't take cash or let someone else pay for my car with their card great help thanks
Great family run business. Hired two transit vans over consecutive weekends. Easy to book, no hidden charges and a clean fleet of vehicles that were ready to drive away upon arrival. Mr J N Jones (Wokingham) September 2016
I ve only just booked the car but would like to say that the customer service both from Tony and Jason was fab! They will even deliver the car to your desired pick up point and at the end of your hire, pick up the car! Brilliant. Very quick and easy to book.
After being let down by Thrifty, Caversham Car Hire were able to find me a car with just 2 hours . Their staff were professional and polite, and the process of hiring the car was very simple. I'd highly recommend this company, and would definitely use them again.
A friendly, family run business nestled in the heart of Caversham. However, they could run this business a bit professionaly. Almost 30 minutes waiting while they sorted out the paper work and we were the only customer in the whole time. Vehicle was clean but quite old with many minor to moderate dents around (strongly recommend taking a 360deg video on collection). After leaving the site realised the door doesnt close properly due to a pre-existing damage near the latch and road noise was unbearable in the motorway. Getting back the £200 deposit was a nightmare needing several phone calls and eventually was credited back to card after near 3 weeks. Dont buy the CDW as its a rip off cost without the option of making it to zero.
It pains me to write this review, as I did find most of the staff that I have spoken to in regards to my booking were absolutely lovely. I hired a mid size car for a weekend and was shocked to find it was over 8 year old when I picked this up! It has so many scratches etc when you inspect, that you cannot list them all. What upset me was the picture they use on the website was the latest VW Golf - and the car we were given was not even the model shown. Worried about the age I had no choice but take the car as I needed to leave... It broke down at the M6 service station ( it would not start when we return from a comfort break) The guy from Caversham called out the RAC who said the starter connection was 'bodged' and it was no wonder it had failed. 3 hours later we got back on our journey only to find that on our return we got a parking ticket for staying too long at the M6 service station. When talking to Caversham vehicle hire they were all so helpful and with them sending my the RAC document, the fine was excluded. All I want to warn people is that the cars they hire are very old... too old and don't reflect to the image they sell on. Please note the Staff are good, but the policy on cars not.
Caversham Vehicle Hire is rated 4.04 based on 24 reviews