How would you rate
Custom Campers Wales
"Extremely poor workmanship and customer service. Custom Campers Wales fitted a Hilo roof, Solar power, leisure battery and Awning on my new Volkswagen Transporter T6. Firstly they ordered the wrong roof and blamed Hilo for sending the wrong roof. They'd already had my van for the best part of a week before letting me know they wouldn't be able to the work. I had to wait another 6 weeks for the to start the work. Thats when the real fun started and it only took them 2 weeks to ruin my van. The full list of faults, issues and examples of aggressive and poor customer service is ridiculous so I'll keep it brief.
1. The roof was so badly fitted that Hilo themselves were unable to resolve the issue despite having the van in for 2 weeks.The roof has a gap at the front which causes lift while driving and unacceptable wind noise. The misalignment has caused the roof to start to wear through the A pillars. It has worn right through the paint down to bare metal. The roof leaks through the tie downs when raised.
2. The finish is shockingly bad with messy sealant and finishing caps
3. Mitres for the bed have been so badly cut you have to be careful not to trap your fingers in the gaps.
4. They failed to seal canvas onto the body at all.
5. They left swarf from cutting the roof out all over the van which led to rust streaks pouring out from behind light clusters and tailgate trim plus rust stains all over the roof. This is on a brand new White van and took many hours of clay barring and removing trim to resolve (at my expense)
6. They poured dirty engine oil onto the drivers footwell and covered it in kitty litter before replacing the mat.
7. They installed a solar system which was clearly the cheapest option available at the time and no where near up to the agreed specification.
9.Leisure battery was installed in completely the wrong place and not properly secured..
8. They installed a B grade damaged awning and tried to cover it up with a company log sticker hoping i wouldn't notice
9. They routed the offside rear drainage pipe over the exhaust which has subsequently melted.
10. Tie downs were not adjusted correctly
11. Bed mechanism was miss aligned and subsequently bent by Hilo themselves in a poor attempt to correct it.
To conclude, if you care about your van I would avoid using Custom Campers Wales or Hilo. The workmanship and customer service has fallen way below any reasonable expectations. I can evidence everything stated and stand by this review. I'm also aware that I'm not the only customer who has had such issues with Custom Campers Wales and hope others can avoid making the same mistake I did."