Debenhams Car Insurance Reviews

Cancellation Process
Difficult
Read Debenhams Car Insurance Reviews

About Debenhams Car Insurance:

With a range of cover to suit your individual needs that come with more as standard - there has never been a better time to get covered with Debenhams Travel Insurance. Prices start from under £5 for a single trip and under £30 for annual cover. Features include: Unlimited medical expenses cover available Cover of up to £2,500 for personal belongings, plus up to £500 for your cash Over 40 adventure sports covered FREE cover for your kids* All annual policies include winter sports cover as standard *Up to three under 18s per insured adult.

customerservices@debenhamstravelinsurance.com

Tell us how Debenhams Car Insurance made you happy
Very bad customer relations
I took delivery of a new car (lease on monday) its now wednesday! All i wanted was to transfer the details of the old car to the new car, fairly simple i thought. After being told the car doesnt exist (was sat on my drive and already DVLA registered) told i had to wait for the underwriters to get in touch over the additional £350+ premium they wanted. I went on a comparison site to find that i can get the insurance cheaper than im currently paying now with the new car details. The staff dont care just fob you off ....underwriting havent contacted us yet! You told me 24 hours and you will find out. Yet im still waiting for any form of communication and now i have a car that sits on my drive not being able to be used. Plus the ball ache of having to get the bus into work this morning as i cant use the car!
Poor service they cancelled our policy because our previous insurer took there time on getting our ncd sent to them due to COVID 19 poor customer service
Very bad my first quote was 1300 next day I had to pay 1800
I wish I had never taken policy out!! They don’t do business insurance and when I tried to cancel with in first week of policy they wanted to charge me over 100 pound to cancel. U pay first month insurance and ten days later they take next months payment.... the staff on phone are rude and takes for ever to get through
The absolute worst! Complete thieves, I’m a paramedic that couldn’t answer a call while at work so that they could renew my policy. Therefore STOLE my money out of my account. When I addressed the issue they somehow justified there actions and refunded me £100 less of my money they had already stolen. Live in shame you disgusting organisation. Thankfully I wasn’t desperate for the money.
Customer service poor and if you need to change anything they charge £50 each time. They charged £50 to change from Mrs to Mr and it was their initial error.
Abosluty appauling customer services ... sent email after email to confirm the extra drivers on my policy. Only to be told that they had not received them and ended up canceling my insurance after giving me one day notice avoid like the plagued debanums u should be disgusted unbelievable!!!
They cancelled my insurance, they said they asked for documents, which they hadn't, WE went through paper work three times to make sure all was correct. Was on the phone to them, they would not speak to my mother, said cant speak to 3rd party, even though I was there giving permission, and she is on my insurance policy, she then left me on hold for 15 minutes whilst 'getting a manager' to speak to me, to then tell me she wasn't available and would send me an email, to which I am still waiting for, avoid this insurance company like the plague!!!! I rang the finance company they told me it was cancelled on the 7th although email from Debenhams said they cancelled on the 9th
The worst company I have ever dealt with. Sent me an email with "we wrote to you 7 days ago". They did not and continued to lie about it whe I spoke with a "manager". Asked for documents that no reputable insurer would ever ask for (the information they wanted would have been found electronically) and then when they confirmed receipt asked for another document, gave me no reasonable time to supply this and cancelled my insurance. The worst part is they then wanted to charge me over £200 for their own incompetence. They are now exercising what can only be described as extortion by threatening to send debt collectors if I don't pay. Their call centre staff are just plain awful as not a single one of them wants to take any ownership of anything, don't want to any questions and dont seem to know what they are doing. After logging a complaint I was told they would get back to me in 8 weeks. Absolute joke. As someone who works in financial services I am well aware of the timescales but you dont have to take 8 weeks to deal with a complaint. When I tried to call them to pay so I could protect my credit rating they have now given into the panic and paranoia that most idiots have and closed their call centres giving me no option to pay the money. If you want a decent insurer go with a reputable company that can deliver.
Avoid like the plague. These guys will take your money then dump you like a stone if anything goes wrong. If you want car insurance go to a car insurance company not a clothes shop !!!!!!!!!
when l call the company they are good talk with me they are good people
Cheap at first ,changed my car within in 2 months it tripled in price but yet on the comparison sites could get for a 1/4 what you was charging and u know will kot be renewing with you
If I could leave no stars I would. I've never had a problem with an insurance company before only with these! They cancelled my insurance without letting me know and demanding a payment for the cancellation even though I provided everything they asked for! The staff are rude especially the manager! I would never insure my Vehicles with these again.
Awful customer service. I cancelled my policy with them, made a payment for this and they referred me to a debt collection agency! Would not recommend at all as when I called to ask about this I was placed on hold and got no explanation.
Got a quote off these guys and they were the cheapest option apart from a another company a had never heard of with a higher deposit so i went with Debenhams thinking they would be a reputable company due to having Debenhams brand name. After paying my deposit and everything looking like a smooth process, i stated i had 1 years no claims which i did have. When i uploaded this document as soon as i received my no claims from my previous company i received an email 6 minutes after the upload that my policy is due to be cancelled within 7 days due to a discrepancy on my no claims document. Meaning after the upload, receiving the email notification, opening my account, reading the document and then having the time to send me the cancellation email must of meant they looked at my no claims bonus document for no longer than 30 seconds before deciding to cancel my policy. I called them up and it was a foreign women with a bad attitude who answered and told me that theres a discrepancy with my no claims as theres a note on my no claims that states for information purposes only and has no effect on my no claims bonus and it is none fault. The reason this was there was because i called my insurance company because a women’s child opened her car door and hit the side of my door but there was no claim made and no repair was done and it was a minimal little scratch that i repaired myself with a touch up pen for £4 in Halfords. I only told my insurance company because me and the woman had a discussion about what had happened. After the first initial call with the first female at Debenhams about it, after going round and round in circles trying to get it through to her empty head, she told me i need to get proof it was no claim and no repairs were done. So after about 6 gruelling hours on the phone getting passed from department to department at my previous insurance i managed to get email proof that it was none fault no work was done and it was strictly information purposes only. I called back and it was a different foreign girl this time who couldn't understand my situation and said that even this document is not good enough. After about 20 phone calls and numerous hours wasted getting no where, i finally decided to cancel it myself and after my deposit of £140 and 3 days of insurance they are saying i am entitled to £50 refund which i am still waiting for. Avoid this company, it is shocking and just wants your money. I will never step foot in a Debenhams store again after the stress this company has caused me.
Avoid this insurance company, worst customer service, women on the phone was raising her voice whilst explaining why I had been charged over £425+, she made no absolute sense, nor did she justify why the company stole that much money from my account for one month, worst insurance company in the world, they are only there to suck your money like leeches. I didn’t get a single penny back, instead I had to pay them £150 for cancellation, the cancellation was done by them in 18 days after taking out the policy. The company will try and take as much money from customers that are leaving their company, avoid at all cost!
Absolutley shocking. Enquired about canceling policy early due to car not starting and was told I would have to pay 230.00 which is more than what was remaining on the 4 months left on policy. I said to forget it and I would just pay rest of policy and they said no as I "sold the car" and cant have a policy for car I dont have. I replied I did have the car and certainly hadnt sold it as it's not worth anything and to listen back to the recorded conversation the operator talked over me and was extremely rude and said my policy is now cancelled, I reiterated I didnt want to cancel and he wouldn't listen. I had only enquired for a price to cancel. The customer service is AWFUL!!
Awful company. Avoid at all costs. Paid for a years insurance. Had to cancel 2 months before due date due to selling the car. Not only do I lose out on the years no claims but I had to pay back £77 pounds in fees on car insurance that I had paid a year for up front at a cost of £120. So not only do you get nothing back for paying up front and having months left but they take (steal) a huge amount from you. Complete greedy company taking advantage of peoples situations. No doubt will get a standard message back saying to contact them but nothing will get done otherwise they would not rip people off in the first place. Customer service the worst. Terrible phone manners and condescending
Debenhams Car Insurance is rated 4.09 based on 1,859 reviews