Debenhams Car Insurance Reviews

Cancellation Process
Difficult
Read Debenhams Car Insurance Reviews

About Debenhams Car Insurance:

With a range of cover to suit your individual needs that come with more as standard - there has never been a better time to get covered with Debenhams Travel Insurance. Prices start from under £5 for a single trip and under £30 for annual cover. Features include: Unlimited medical expenses cover available Cover of up to £2,500 for personal belongings, plus up to £500 for your cash Over 40 adventure sports covered FREE cover for your kids* All annual policies include winter sports cover as standard *Up to three under 18s per insured adult.

customerservices@debenhamstravelinsurance.com

Tell us how Debenhams Car Insurance made you happy
Avoid avoid avoid, shocking customer service. Charged £75 to cancel insurance then £520 to cancel through the credit company, absolute daylight robbery. Staff have no idea what they're talking about yet still argue. Online portal is the most useless I have ever come across with car insurance. I will never use them again and now happy I'm not insured with them. Spend a little extra for a decent insurance company. Could only imagine how bad they would be having to claim with them.
Absolutely terrible service! Appalling! Cancelled my car Insurance without informing me whilst still charging me When questioned the lady on the phone which to let you folk know the call centre is based in India! So clueless from the get-go could not do F all! Go Skippy underwriter - TERRIBLE! I highly highly recommend pay a little extra, get the right cover. Stay away.
We have paid 900 pounds for the Debenhams car insurance and all I have received from them was a text message from a no-reply-to number. Would expect at least an email with a copy of policy and info how to login to my customer account. Now trying to get this information from them but it is a nightmare to get through on their helpline. Definitely not recommended.
The customer service staff when spoken… The customer service staff when spoken to felt condescending,only felt like this when speaking to the female staff, they need to be taught basic customer skills or find another job. I Had cancelled my car Insurance with them, they charge a ridiculous fee of £75 for cancellation plus £8.30.Furthermore they charged me for one whole month all together the cost to cancel my policy was £344.76 absolutely ridiculous, i had to make 2 payments because the first payment never went through as their staff do not know how to do their job as soon as you start mentioning we need to speak to a manager they seem to resolve your issue which could not have been solved before.
Worst insurer I have ever used! The customer services are rude, I’ve spoken to several including the manager, they interrupt you, raise their voice and standard answer to everything is ‘computer says no’ They insist you hang up and use the online service only for the website to fail. I have made in excess of 20calls to them in the last 2days and still no resolution. This was only to make a simple amendment.. god help you if you need to claim!
Awful "customer-service" advisors. Woman on the phone wouldn't let me finish a sentence and was just talking over everything I said. Completely unhelpful and just wanted to be right/argue. Would have never used this firm if I knew I would have to speak to people like this. Had no clue what I was trying to say because I wasn't allowed to explain! I never leave reviews either!
The policy is great but the "customer service" advisors talk over every sentence you ATTEMPT and then wonder why they don't understand what you're trying to say. So patronising, irritating and so rude. Don't think I managed to finish a whole sentence after an hour spent on the phone.
Awful experience!
Buried in the small print is a £50 (FIFTY pound) charge for updating the vehicle registration number when changing registration plates to a private registration. More than 10% of the policy cost for the year. Told, almost mockingly, that 'the charge is in the terms and conditions you agreed to sir'. Buried in hte tiny small print - sure. Obvious? No. Told Debenhams to cancel the auto-renew of the policy (due in just 6 months time) and will never use again. £50 here ensures a VERY bitter taste when I've only ever been charged a token admin fee (£15 etc) for this in the past with other companies. Disgraceful!
They don’t even deserve one star!! If I could put no stars I would!!! Absolutely terrible!!! Their service is an utter joke!!
Wait time on the phone is a complete joke
Awful service, asked for proof of name and address, VIN number, photo of car, then more photos of car, proof of occupation. Emailed it all to them then received an email to say that insurance was cancelled as one document had not been received. I had emailed all documents and upon proving this was told that they had not sent it all to their underwriters. A week later they denied this and offered me to reinsure at a higher quote. They lie and and pass the buck.
Customer service is non existent. When you do speak with them the do not understand basic English. So many hidden charges and if you take out a pay monthly plan they will call you up 13 days later demanding the policy paid in full. Very little help
Got sent a renewal quote overcharged by %120 two years in the row without giving any reason of why this is happening. First time they gave me a discount after my phone call with questions. This time not even going through this as there are plenty of better deals even than my original price. Mind that I had no accidents in my life and ALL details remained the same, same car also. Absolute joke of the company, do yourself a favour and go with someone else!
This was my first experience of car insurance and am absolutely disgusted with the service and would not recommend at all . I took out my policy and 6 weeks later received a letter asking for all kinds of documents and giving me 48 to provide them . They wanted photo of car , photo of vin of car , photo of log book , proof of address , proof of occupation for myself and named driver … all this was sent over and they were still not satisfied and wanted a photo of the back of the car then they said that the proof of occupation was not good enough and now my policy is cancelled. I will now have to source another insurer which will cost me more money ...
UNBELIEVABLE!! Bunch of cowboys!! Received a letter telling me that my policy had been cancelled, the day before the letter arrived. When I rang them I was told that they hadn’t sent any letter and that the policy was still active. When I pressed the issue as to why I’d received the letter I was told that I was mistaken and that they categorically didn’t send it (even though I was looking at it, with my policy number on it, my registration plate and it was signed by their chief operating officer). At the same time I was told that my insurance premium had increased due to something that was my fault (I hold my hands up to that) but I couldn’t just get the additional amount added to the direct debit unless I paid them £85. At this point I’d had enough so I asked to speak to a manager, after waiting on hold for ages I was told that there was no manager available but I could get a call back from one in 48 hours!!! IVE NEVER HAD SUCH SHOCKING CUSTOMER SERVICE AND DEALT WITH A COMPANY THAT IS AS MUCH OF A MONEY GRABBER AS THIS COMPANY. If I could cancel the policy without being charged an arm and a leg I would. DO NOT BUY INSURANCE WITH THIS COMPANY, YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!!
Debenhams Car Insurance is rated 4.09 based on 1,859 reviews