Debenhams Car Insurance Reviews

Cancellation Process
Difficult
Read Debenhams Car Insurance Reviews

About Debenhams Car Insurance:

With a range of cover to suit your individual needs that come with more as standard - there has never been a better time to get covered with Debenhams Travel Insurance. Prices start from under £5 for a single trip and under £30 for annual cover. Features include: Unlimited medical expenses cover available Cover of up to £2,500 for personal belongings, plus up to £500 for your cash Over 40 adventure sports covered FREE cover for your kids* All annual policies include winter sports cover as standard *Up to three under 18s per insured adult.

customerservices@debenhamstravelinsurance.com

Tell us how Debenhams Car Insurance made you happy
It’s take me 2 weeks to contact copart through your company and my phone bill cost me £50+
Debenhams car insurance has the worst cancellation charges I've ever experienced and certainly will never be using them again as well as telling others about my situation. I wanted to cancel my policy after only 1 month due to a change in vehicle that Debenhams couldn't insure me on. Having only been insured for 1 month and having paid my insurance in full I was gob smacked to find out that my refund only consisted of 52% of my original insurance cost. So for 1 month and cancellation it cost me £137 of my £287 insurance! Shocking service!!! Debenhams will argue that this is all in the T&C's, it may well be but how can you justify this to genuine customers. I don't expect to see this review on their website as I don't imagine they'll want others to know.
Avoid this company like the plague and delve deeper in to any review site you can find. Take your hard earned money but do not want to know when you have a accident. Utter disgrace
Absolutely disgusting service! Terrible customer service. Extortionate hidden charges!
Rude customer services charge way to much to cancel should of stuck to arriva
Too expensive insurance and charge too much money for cancellations
I was originally told my insurance policy wouldn’t change as I have to change my years no claims, to which then I receive a call saying I will be charged £160, when I ring back up to pay this charge I’m told I’ve been charged another £270 for convictions on my licence and I’ve got 3 days left to pay it. When I say I can’t pay that I’m one hit, we agree to pay 30% of each charge which I pay only for me to receive a message that my policy has been cancelled. I ring up to ask why and I get told it’s because I haven’t provided proof of no claims and when I explain what’s gone on and what I’ve paid for there seems to be no record of this. I’m now waiting 2+ days for a callback once they’ve listened to the recording of me agreeing to pay 30% of each charge not knowing what will come of it. By far the worst insurance company I have ever used. Do not use.
£147.10broker fee you've charged and then a £75 cancellation fee?! 50£Road Cancellation fee, total Absolutely disgraceful, avoid.
The worst insurance I've ever had. I mixed up the date on a speeding conviction which incurred a £60 charge. I agreed to that as it was my fault and should have checked it to then be told they have added on additional fees as well! Then I got a letter saying I had to pay £420+ change to following day to which this letter arrived and told then I couldn't pay it at short notice. I was there is to phone the following day to set up a payment plan but on the following day at 8:55 I got an email saying it had been cancelled. I then phone them and had to set up a new policy after spending over 1 hour on the phone I was told the new premiums would be three times the price that I wasn't originally quoted for the short-term I agree to it then a week later I sent an email to cancel my policy within the 14 days cooling period. To then receive an email saying I was not in my 14 days and that it wasn't possible to cancel my policy I then emailed them back to show a screenshot of an email saying it is a new policy and that my old policy was cancelled. I then found them today to confirm the cancellation and to be told that I have outstanding fees of over £800 and that I need to pay it and the lady on the phone said that my policy was reversed not cancelled but the email and the phone call when I set it back up said it was a new policy at no point until the phone call today did anyone say it is a reversal of the policy that was cancelled the lady and the phone said it had been cancelled on the 16th but she also said that the policy was reversed I told her it was one or the other I said I was going to pay this out of apparent on top of my monthly printings that I've been playing. She told me that I've got 21 days to pay or it will go to the icb or I can set up a payment plan I offered to pay an amount per month to be told that she couldn't make any sort of arrangements as that I would have to phone up? I'm at a principal not going to pay it after they used 4 different contact methods to contact me and also saying that it's an old and a new policy and that it was reversed and a cancelled policy I'm still left confused. Absolutely appalling
Absolutely disgusting service for new customers, having purchased insurance through Debenhams and submitting relevant documents I had to wait on my previous NCB from insurer. Multiple emails from myself and a few phone calls has resulted in a request for an additional £100. Honestly wish I had read the reviews prior to purchasing Debenhams insurance!
The wait times on getting through to claims and renewals is awful and then they cut you off! Also communication on claims is very bad.
Absolute RIP OFF - avoid. I’m a new customer to Debenhams insurance. I accidentally input that I had my driving license from 2004 instead of 2005 and not only did they charge my an additional premium of £11.60 but they also whacked on a £50 admin fee for the sake of changing ONE YEAR. Will never use this company again
Avoid Debenhams Insurance! All the 5* reviews are by people finding the company cheap and easy to set up a policy, but you must avoid Debenhams. They wrote to my son to ask for more information when he was working abroad and cancelled the policy because they didn’t get a response within 7 days. Once you’ve had a policy cancelled they blacklist you so that you become uninsurable. You also need to check out reviews by people who have tried to make claims from Debenhams Insurance!
With us, repeat clients, astonishingly, they sneakily tried to take advantage in sending a renewal quote attempting to charge an ''arrangement fee''- which after discussion with them was cancelled, and cheekily referred to as a 'discount'; my phrase was ''pickpocketing'' and for a company established over 200 years they should be ashamed; but I am equally sure they are not; the telephonic renewal was with a robotic female was akin to being hypnotised- the salesperson droning on and on and on; my attention wandered, and rightly so. Four emails to them went unanswered. I spoke on the phone eventually, after holding on for ages, since my call was important to them (!!!!)to three personnel, each of whom clearly regard clients as unwarranted interruptions and intrusions to their day, and shewed not a whit of interest.
I have been with Debenhams insurance for more than 2 years, paid monthly with no issue until I sold the car and cancel my policy, called them to cancel my policy and had to pay £278 of fee. So if you think they are cheep you ask first how mutch they charge cancelation fee. this is discuting !!!! NOT RECOMEND THEM !!!!!!
I insured with Debenhams as it is a well known respected name. i am aware they are a broker and use other insurance firms. As it was Debenhams i trusted that the insurance firms they use would be respectable also.This was not the case i had to claim after an accident which brought me into contact with the insurance company they use (go skippy/eldon insurance). I advise anyone thinking of using debenhams to check the reviews of eldon or go skippy 1/10 sums them up. lost my protected no claims had to pay extortionate excess and couldnt contact them on the phone as there was no answer for hours.You live and learn next time i will be paying a bit more and using a reputable insurance firm not a broker.
Staff are not aware of products and seem disinterested whilst talking.
Im disappointed i was not made aware if i do it on debenhams website i would recieved 50 voucher but not given if i did it on compare web. Same company, same amount. Ive also payed off for the year so i think i deserve a treatment.
I am giving 1 star because I took out my car insurance policy on the understanding that i will receive £50 gift voucher. I called a month after my policy had started and was told some will get back to me but never received a call. I will not be renewing my policy in Nov.
Over priced, no communication, overall service extremely poor.
Debenhams Car Insurance is rated 4.09 based on 1,859 reviews