Debenhams Car Insurance Reviews

Cancellation Process
Difficult
Read Debenhams Car Insurance Reviews

About Debenhams Car Insurance:

With a range of cover to suit your individual needs that come with more as standard - there has never been a better time to get covered with Debenhams Travel Insurance. Prices start from under £5 for a single trip and under £30 for annual cover. Features include: Unlimited medical expenses cover available Cover of up to £2,500 for personal belongings, plus up to £500 for your cash Over 40 adventure sports covered FREE cover for your kids* All annual policies include winter sports cover as standard *Up to three under 18s per insured adult.

customerservices@debenhamstravelinsurance.com

Tell us how Debenhams Car Insurance made you happy
Customer service is shocking, really stressful experience. One adviser will tell you one thing and another adviser will tell you something else. Whilst one adviser said all my documents had been uploaded and reviewed and where fine another advisor would tell me there was no record I don't know who is in charge of that s**t show but who ever it is is doing and incredibly amazing job doing nothing. Good luck getting insurance with these as you will definitely need it and patience
Absolutely the worst insurance company I’ve every dealt with. Never been able to speak to anybody who can speak & understand English. I ended my insurance with them & at the moment they are trying to con me out of nearly £300 to end it. And now have sent a bailiff to collect the money. Now nobody will discuss it as they will get there money through a bailiff. Stay well clear
Worst worst worst company ever!!! They’ve cancelled my policy as i send my no claim bonus too late and now they are charging me lots of money. First coming an e mail that i need to pay certain amount with cancellation breakdown and them when i asked over the phone details they gave me different figures telling me that on my e mail was an “ typing error” . Then I asked the lady to explain to mw how they are calculating these things and together with all the numbers for all the charges we cannot get to the same amount which was when i start the policy with them. In the end they can’t tell me what i am paying now and why in the end i still own them money. On top of that every time when i had to call them ( it was lots of times)all the advisors were not professional at all and they are not listening the whole questions. Never go for this company!!!!
Appalling service and absolute rob dogs! Customer service is disgusting. Wouldn’t bother insuring your car with them at all better off going elsewhere.
The worst car insurance company ever
one star because we couldn't leave a review otherwise so, minus 10 stars appalling service absolutely appalling.
Lowest price for the year, but when I rang to cancel after 6 months (due to having to see my car because my hours have been reduced at work) I was told I have to pay £163 due to a cancellation fee, a finance fee and a brokers fee! Total rip off was expecting to pay around £60/80
I would not have even given ONE STAR for this insurance company. I WOULD ADVISE ANYONE LOOKING FOR CAR INSURANCE TO AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!!! I am a new driver and had a little bump and nptified them of this but no claims were being submitted. They, then, decided to cancel my insurance. I telephoned them to say just refund my money but they said I wasn't entitled to a refund even though I was only with them 3 weeks and I had paid the annual cost upfront. I eventually got my money bit less £200 so I asked to put an offical complaint in and someone phoned me but I was on the telephone to an umderstanding insurer at the time so she left a abrupt email. I answered her back twice and asked for a breakdown of the money they kept from my refund but to no avail I still do not have any answers. I am giving them the 8 weeks to answer me back and then I will report this to the FCA and the FOS as I do not think they would be entitled to over £200 for three weeks cover. STAY CLEAR OF THIS COMPANY!!!!
They just charged me £25 cancellation fee. I just paid for it and cancelled in 30 mins. That's just not fair. Plus the customer care rep wasn't polite.
Worsted insurer ever😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Terrible insurance company. £25 cancellation fee is disgusting, it would not have cost them anything to cancel my policy, it had not even started. When I phoned they were rude and when you email they do not acknowledge your complaint or answer your questions. I will not ever consider again.
Total piece of s*** stay well away. I rate them -5*
Only giving one star because I can’t give any less ! Awful awful car insurers. Honestly don’t go here. Horrifically expensive to cancel insurance, all these fees you just don’t expect with a decent car insurance company. I’m surprised at Debenhams!
The worst insurance company ever!!! After two months I had to cancel and... cancellation fee 75, policy arrangement fee 101£, finance arrangements fee 50, interest by creation 81£.... Never again!!!!! Avoid!!!
cheap..customer service rubbish,can never understand a word the person is saying
Thieves - not Debenhams - had to cancel after 3 months - customer service appalling - £75 cancellation fee, £86 broker fee, £58 for cancelled breakdown. Avoid - believe the bad reviews
After being told to use the portal to prevent a £15.00 admin fee I tried to explain to the customer services I didn't set up access to the portal as was just send documents by email but they said I had and could get a password reminder. Try to get a password reminder it asks for the details of the card linked to your account.. I paid in full so no card details should be stored at all, at the time of paying I used a credit card and have since paid this off and closed it down, destroyed card so I am unable to put the details in. Rang back to customer services, they can't get it changed for me so they'll have to make the changes okay its only £15.00 ( a bit like any other insurance companies £15-25 admin fee). So after 15 mins of taking my details despite me saying everything else except my address remained the same, then requoting me and telling me I had money due back, they then asked for a payment from me. Admin fee of £50.00 - this is shocking and way more than any other company I have ever used, my breakdown service did it for free for crying out loud!! Apparently I have to get my new documents off the portal.... that I can't access and they can't assist with that so no new documents with correct address for me... oh unless I pay and they'll send them out. Avoid these guys, they may look cheaper on line but admin fees/charges for simple things soon destroy that saving, not at all helpful.
Trying to obtain an insurance green card for a couple of EU Trips in the future - nobody at the insurance company seems to ever want to help (tried three times now) - going abroad in May and they can't seem to be bothered to process any kind of paperwork to get the green card sorted in advance, just keep telling me to ring back closer to the time and get annoyed when asked if there's anything we can do now to make sure I don't forget closer to the time - proper cowboys at work here - take your money then don't want to help in any way!
Very dodgy company,the worst insurer i have ever delt with. They quoted me £839.50 which wasn't too bad to be honest,but when I checked my renewal documents there was what I thought then a simple error. They claim My no claim discount was reduced because of a minor incident which I have reported as notification only and no claims were made. After a few phone calls they managed to find out from claims department that I didn't make any claims and my no claim discount shouldn't have been reduced. Now they have fixed it and sent me a new renewal for £1983.90. So £839.50 when they thought i have made a claim and £1983.90 when they realised that I didn't 🤔
Debenhams Car Insurance is rated 4.09 based on 1,859 reviews