Debenhams Car Insurance Reviews

Cancellation Process
Difficult
Read Debenhams Car Insurance Reviews

About Debenhams Car Insurance:

With a range of cover to suit your individual needs that come with more as standard - there has never been a better time to get covered with Debenhams Travel Insurance. Prices start from under £5 for a single trip and under £30 for annual cover. Features include: Unlimited medical expenses cover available Cover of up to £2,500 for personal belongings, plus up to £500 for your cash Over 40 adventure sports covered FREE cover for your kids* All annual policies include winter sports cover as standard *Up to three under 18s per insured adult.

customerservices@debenhamstravelinsurance.com

Tell us how Debenhams Car Insurance made you happy
Really bad costumer service from Debenhams Car insurance, they working with another provider and if you have a problem they don't do nothing to help you,...you need to contact them all time again and again to resolve your issue,..after one year from the problem with a car accident where he don't was my fault and with the Police e-mail to confirm none my fault them provider is not capable to closing the claim,... Think a few times before choosing Debenhams Car Insurance and them providers because is not only one provider is six or seven,... Good luck to everyone who are with them,
Just to change address they charge £50 as an admin fee. How they justify this when it’s a legal requirement is beyond me
Now going to trade under a new name Vivista Absolute joke off a company To cancel a policy in the 14 days £50 charge for setting up direct debit from the company they choose for you £65 Brooker fee which they are taking weather you stay or not £35 or £75 cancellation fee And charge you for the insurance time which happened to be £1.47 refund off over £60 I would advise to avoid at all costs unless you like handing out money to sharks Off shore call centre ( take from that what you may ) I thought Debenhams a good household name But it's not even them
I have received my policy finance agreement which has incorrect name on policy. Breach of data protection.
The worst exp I have ever had with an insurance company. Was very easy to set up a policy and send my documents. Then gave me notice of cancelling policy via letter and had two days notice after the 14 day period. Then then charged me near 75% of my original quote for less than 5 days insurance. All this for some thing I did not know about. This company has now destroyed my future of getting insurance. The web page and support continually state just talk to them. To which I have found that’s not for them to talk to you. For some thing so simple to fix, they took the extreme view and now I have reported to FSA and they are investigating. I have supplied documents to FSA but these hill Billy’s have yet to reply to them.
Had to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances before policy even started and within the 14 days cooling off period charged £25 which is disgusting in the current climate plus hidden in 9 pages of terms and conditions. To add insult to injury poor customer service when called who was rude and repeated herself with absolutely no compassion for people’s situation. Would definitely not recommend!
Debenhams are fine as an insurance provider so long as you don't need to speak with them, sort anything out or make changes. If you need to update anything be prepared! I renewed my car insurance with Debenhams this year as they provided a competitive price and it was the least hassle. However as I was returning to work I had to include 4000 business miles, to which I was told this would be an additional £200 PER MONTH! After telling them thats ridiculous I called back the following day, after identifying that comparison sites are quoting me the same cost as my renewal with my business miles as a new customer. I complained and received an increased but acceptable premium. I now decided to purchase myself a new car, mid insurance year. I did comparisons online and identified that Debenhams, again were the most competitive price so I wasn't concerned about changing my car. I buy my car, log on to my portal and am quoted an increase of £480 per year! I couldn't add on my tow bar modification so I called the following day and I was now told it would be £585 per year additional (doubling my premium)! This is more than the annual price I was quoted if I was a new customer!!! I was told they can't do anything, even after I pointed out it would be over £500 cheaper to cancel my policy and take back out with them as a new customer. This is just illogical. Needless to say I cancelled and went with a more expensive provider, as why would I trust or provide Debenhams with anything when their sole intention is to rip off existing customers.
Cancelled my policy with these guys due to a few issues firstly never stated they was a broker not an actual normal insurance they had wavered the cancellation fee as the trainee didn’t explain thing correctly to me. Secondly I had to ring back up because I hadn’t received my cancellation documents and they guy didn’t cancel it. Then I’ve received my cancellation documents to find out £50 fee been added and also £35 fee which stated they would be wavered due to the above issue when you catch them out they act like they can’t hear you on the phone then cut off then you phone back up have to go through it all again because the idiots didn’t put the notes on even the manager tried to pull the wool over my eyes (until he looked at my occupation) and soon pulled his finger out stay well away from these not even worth looking at in my opinion
If i could give this insurance less than 1 star i would. !!!!DO NOT TAKE AN INSURANCE WITH THIS COMPANY, PLEASE !!!! I had my car stolen after a night shift and it was never recovered, so i had to claim. I was told by Belinda that debenhams insurance that i'd lose my one year ncb as i was mid second policy. However, speaking to the theft department my NCB goes down to 0. Which was increased by insurance policy to 2100. In addition to this the in house engineers that valued my car have valued a 2015 ford fiesta 1.25 at £4000, despite valuing the car at £5000. Absolute scammers. I'd advice anyone to avoid this insurance company, from a mile away regardless of the price.
Nothing went wrong everything ok. But you should not offer a bribe of 100 pounds to get a review.
Absolutely shambolic custer service would highly not recommend to anyone
Steer clear if you can. I applied for insurance through a comparison website which asked for my NCB in years. This was then converted into a date by Debenhams in their backend systems. They picked up the NCB then being prior to the granting of my license by 2 months, and charged me an additional £220 on the policy!!! I had 12 years NCB. Ridiculous. It converted what had been a good price into an uncompetitive price, and only after I'd taken out the insurance. They were unable to help resolve this complaint. AVOID.
Go skippy or are they Debenhams car insurance don’t use
Its known Debenhams Car insurance rips off everyone constant nasty letters sent.
Worst company... they will rip you off on cancellation charges
Their customers services are terrible Was not easy at all to simply swap my insurance from one car to another Would not recommend anyone insure through these at all
So far cant register for esignature haven't heard anything back from the emails my account number comes up not recognised and on the account your calling me by a completely different name ??
After being with Debenhams for 4 consecutive years they never reduced premiums. They gave me a quote which is higher than if I was to come to them as a new customer. I have been paying £135 p/m they offered £134. Then offered £100 p/m with £200 up front payment but I see they offer new customers £86p/m not the way to reward loyalty.
Bought my car insurance via compare the market with the lowest quote from Debenhams car insurance underwritten by Watford insurance company, I had to change few details on their website as some information seems to be slightly different than what I entered in compare the market website for some reason but didn’t affected the premium. Everything went fine payment etc. I had to provide large amount of documents including copy of log book, utility bill, bonus certificate, employment details. Never had to provide that many documents before. On my job description I put down sales assistant but because I work in a shop they said I should have put it down as shop assistant and therefore the insurance company will charge me an extra £12 and Debenhams will charge me another £75 administration fee although after speaking to the manager they waved that fee off but I still need to pay that £12 to Watford car insurance. I’m pretty sure that wouldn’t made any difference to my premium if I had put it down as shop assistant instead of sales assistant at the beginning, so why they do that after I purchase the insurance. I would definitely avoid Watford car insurance in future.
Debenhams Car Insurance is rated 4.09 based on 1,859 reviews