Dell Reviews

of reviewers recommend Dell
Read Dell Reviews

About Dell:

Visit Dell for Laptops, Netbooks, Tablet PCs, Desktops, Mobile Devices, Servers, Storage, Printers, Monitors & Accessories. Technology Solutions & Services. Dell PCs have the latest features and some of the best value prices in the market. Whether you are looking for the latest tablet, slim laptop performance or high powered gaming, Dell provides PCs to meet the need of every demanding customer

us_sales@dell.com

Tell us how Dell made you happy
Dell 5 star review on 25th January 2018
Happy Mom With Alienware Warranty
Dell 2 star review on 6th January 2018
JCN
Dell 1 star review on 4th January 2018
Sachin Gangwar
2 month old expensive Dell desk top just went completely dead. . After numerous phone calls and speaking to 8 people, I was told Dell only replaces it if it's less than a month old. Will NEVER buy a Dell product again.
i had a dell g5 desktop it was good but it didn't last that long and i has spent 38 hours 35 phone calls in total and never got anything in return no refund, no replacements, nothing
Has to be the worse customer service ever! Wanted to buy a computer and have tried for 3 days to get a couple more questions answered but the original sales person hasn’t called back after I left messages, the chat isn’t working, and good luck getting someone on the phone who actually cares about their poor service....my last call I was transferred 4 times. Will be looking at an HP.
These people do not know what they are doing. I ordered a printer that was supposed to be free expediated shipping and then was sent an email that it would not arrive for a month. I cancelled the order and it was sent anyway in 1 week ??? Save yourself a headache and buy elsewhere.
Poor quality. Around 2 years and 3 months(3 months after warranty expired) I started experiencing key stroke drops, the problem started with 1 letter then 2,3,4 etc... The keyboard quality build is terrible, sometimes I have to hit a key 2 or 3 times to get it to register. 2 years months the hinge started separating and this computer has never been dropped or mishandled in any way. Customer service wants to charge me almost $300 plus s&h to replace/repair the keyboard which should outlast the internals. This is the 3rd and last Dell I will ever purchase.
So disappointed with the customer service, Horrible Customer service, one of the PC`s had a corrupted manufacturer issue, after two months of debates, they promised to replace on a specific date, nut they didn`t, and they keep not replying the emails,
We purchased 2 dell inspiron 3252 desktop computers when our children were homeschooling. They did not run well at all. They couldn't even handle their own operating systems. These computers were financed through dell. When we were not able to pay on them anymore our 700$ balance got changed to a 1700$ balance before being sold to a debt collector. Dell not willing to settle on the debt. Dell does bad business, do not purchase a Dell, not worth it.
Bought a new Dell desktop Inspiron 3880 computer from Best Buy. Had an issue with restore points disappearing. tried customer service 4 times. They said because the product is over 200 days old, I am not covered unless I contact Best Buy to get ownership transferred to me? What is all that about? 3 hours now to try and fix an issue that a tech probably only needs 5 mins to do. Don't buy Dell! Customer Service policies are terrible!
Purchased a laptop last year. Screen was scored internally. Called Dell. They replaced the laptop within 14 days. Had no issues thereafter. Purchased another laptop directly from dell inspiron-13 in December 2020. Have barely used the laptop Ongoing issues with blue screen error. Technical has wasted my time for over a month. They take my laptop for repairs 14 days without a laptop or replacement. Finally replace the motherboard and I then have issues with touch cursor pad. They sent out a engineer to repair on site. Asked if the repair has been successful and the engineer replied yes. 2 minutes later once he's left i noticed touch pad working but unable to click on icons so touch pad faulty. Backing case of my laptop is not fully secured. Can visually see casing clip broken. So casing not completely sealed. Where theres a gap I can see wires positioned incorrectly and have been squashed. Insulated part of the wire is damaged and copper is exposed. And I can see dust and metal particles within the laptop. Once again brand new laptop. Barely used due to ongoing issues. And all dell can do is apologise for the inconvenience. Not been able to use my laptop for 3 months due to issues and they cannot offer me extended warranty as a gesture of goodwill even though I'm concerned weather my laptop will even last over a year especially after seeing such poor repairs and ongoing issues which are still not resolved. I was previously advising people to buy dell but now purchasing 2 laptops within the space of 1 year I can definetly say that there laptops do not have quality checks carried out before there sent out to the end consumer. Absolutely dissatisfied and dissapointed
The worst customer service on top of their bad product. Their refund time frame is only 30 days, and whey you experience some problems with their computer, they "try" to fix the problems but the fixing time was longer than 30 days since there was one problem after another. So when you realized that they could not fix the problems for you, you already missed the window to get your money back. Once they got your money, the customer service experience became "sorry, I can't refund you, and sorry I don't have the authority to give you a replacement computer either." First time buying a Dell computer, what a mistake!
Dell is an absolute nightmare to deal with. Trust me when I say you are much much better off going to your local computer store and buying your machine from there. This company is too big for its own good. I spent at least 12 hours (this is NOT an exaggeration) with their tech support (after I had already diagnosed the issue) only for them to confirm that it was indeed the issue I had already identified. Then they offered me a replacement part which they actually didn't have in stock! Then I was forced to pay for another service AND for the replacement part. Their main message: I'm sorry, there's nothing we can do.
I have 2 Dell computers. 1 was about $900 and the other was about $400. The 900 was to replace my over 10yr old computer. Dell is absolute garbage!!!!! The $900 computer is worse than the 10 year old computer. Disc 0 is constantly hitting 100% and I can do next to nothing. I have more problems with this PC than I did with the one I replaced. It can take up to 20 minutes to reboot. The other is a media server, and it is so slow, I have to leave it and do something else for about an hour, and then come back to it. Dell is garbage!!!! Ya know the old commercials... "Dude, you're getting a Dell"! It should be replaced by a Mortician... "I'm so Sorry, you're getting a Dell".
Bought an Inspiron 15 5000 and in just over A WEEK the audio packed up. Called Dell after waiting all night, the spent about a hour controlling the system and could not do anything about it. Then they stated they want to send someone to change the motherboard. Just about a week? Well? That is where the problem started...they cannot replace it immediately and to even settle on a refund - story of my life! Easily one of the worst customer service I have ever had to deal with...they are terrible and really do not give a hoot about you as long as you have bought the product.
TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. Beware! I bought a laptop direct from Dell with a warranty. It has broken within its warranty with a hardware fault (broken charger socket) but Dell refuse to honour their warranty. This is not the Company it used to be.
I bought an expensive Inspiron 7506 2N1 and within one week, it crapped out and I returned it to Best Buy. I purchased a 7506 2N1 Black laptop and almost instantly, the computer became intolerable with blue screen notices and locking up. I contacted Dell customer support 3 times after that and the issue persists. The Touch pad locks up and you have to sit and wait for it to operate again. The last on line tech support as did the other 2 techs did a remote log on and simply installed standard updates...nothing changed. Now a tech is coming to my house to install a new mouse pad, but, Get THIS: The tech advised me that all of the hardware is working properly and any further warranty service would only be done at MY EXPENSE. Thanks Dell...I've had Dell computer for 20 years, but this is the last one for me. Don't even think of buying one...you WILL be sorry.
received my what was supposed to be a brand new m17 r4, a 4 grand laptop received scratched, and there is a dent in the inner exhaust vent I contacted the support and first they offered me a repair!! they offered to replace the scratched parts but indeed I refused, so they offered a replacement. What bothered me the most is telling me this happened because of a shipping problem so they put the blame on the carrier, this really drove me nuts! shipping will not cause inner metal vent dent without touching the outer plastic chassis, also will not cause these 0.5-1mm tiny scratch I asked to escalate to a supervisor, they assured me that this is a brand new one not refurbished but could be a manufacturing defect due to which it was delivered with scratches and dents. I do not understand how something like this can happen with a 4k$ laptop, where is dell quality control?! They are supposed to send a replacement in 2 weeks Moreover, I do not understand how DELL even ship laptops without requiring signature as a proof of delivery. I found my 4k$ laptop left by front door, how ridiculous!! Noticed that the price dropped on my laptop, spent hours on CS chatting and speaking, explaining that I am just asking to apply dell's price guarantee policy: https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/price-match-guarantee/cp/price-match-guarantee One CS agent told me return the old product, cancel the replacement, and order a new one, how funny! After long time spent with different agents, finally they submitted a request to get a credit for the price difference and promised to get a confirmation within 24 hours, guess what, no confirmation received chatted today with another agent for like an hour and he promised to submit another request. I wonder how dell hire their CS agents?, did you ever teach them that they CANNOT break their promises to customers. Do you really care about your customers?!! DELL CS guys are not well trained. I bet DELL hires low cost agents just to reduce cost. They do not care about their customer satisfaction by any mean. Am I paying 4000$ to get a defective product then wasting my time with CS??? The funny thing, when the line disconnects or when there is a distortion in the call they tell you we are working from home, funny!!!! this is not my problem, if you work from home make sure your infrastructure allow this!!!! Thank you DELL for the poorest experience in my life
This is the worse experience i have ever had with any company. I made a purchase on feb 7, 2021. Spent almost 1300 and they gave me a fedex tracking number that is INVALID! The estamated delivery date was feb 22, 2021. Today is the 26 of febuary and i still dont have my product. These people have hung up on me several times. The company has given me so many stories on my pakage that now they are just literally telling me to wait for a case specialist. No a single case specialist has reached out about nothing. This company has the ABSOLUTE WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER! No one deserves to be treated this way. Im done reaching out, to the customer service and the Dell community admins about this. I will feel much better knowing that i am warning other people before they make the same mistake i made, ordering from Dell Direct. Im sorry you had this experience but im here to let you know, you are not the only one. I have read over 10 thousand reviews of people saying the same thing. I wish i woulf have known this before i spent my money. Business have to understand that customers are the reason the exist. Without customers, they will not have a company. Please share your experience with others. I am doing the samething.    #PurchaseMadeNoProduct #WorseCustumerServiceEver #SpeakOutAginstDell Please help me find my pakage from Dell, here is the fedex tracking number they gave me: 461361570621673
I am so frustrated with my journey with Dell. I bought a G3 in September 2019, which started giving me overheating issues within a month. It was apparently solved by their operators twice by taking remote control of my laptop on the call, unfortunately, even after that, the problem persisted. The laptop has been already sent twice to the center for repair but the overheating problem continued irrespective. While I have summarized this in a couple of sentences here, this process involved long waits, explaining my problem over and over again, arduous phone calls, and much more. I have till date never used my laptop without feeling like I am sitting near an oven. My friend recently bought their XPS model, from their so-called great line of laptops, and faces the same problem. As I am writing this, my laptop for the third time is at the center of the same damn issue. I am DONE with dell, their low-quality repairs, and their absolutely useless team. There should be an option for zero stars!
If I could award zero stars - I would. I spent ages choosing a laptop - certain key features required (but the only way to find out if they are included is to go into the detailed specification of each laptop). Then, as I need it as soon as is practical - my choice was swayed by the shipping date (3-5 days obviously being preferable to 25-30 days). For what I want - the website suggests I want the extended battery option - except it's impossible to order that on the website. So I endured the most hopeless automated defence system and phoned in - and I get a quote - with a 3-4 week delivery time. Their website leaves out (probably deliberately - they hope people won't actually notice the ridiculously long actual delivery time when they order) what is probably by far the most important information when it comes to when you'll get your laptop. Then the excuses start - that's how long shipping from the US or China takes - which I suppose it would if they were employing Chinese people on bicycles to deliver them personally. Also the 3-5 business days it takes to even ship is based on the level of customisation (such as the larger battery) I wanted. Except that turns out to be a lie, because if I decide to skip that to get faster shipping - it will still take 3-5 business days to get someone to pick the box off the shelf and ship it. Useless. Utterly useless.
Customer service representatives have the most horrible attitude. They did not make any effort to assist me with my warranty. Six months and their cheap product gave out. No help from them whatsoever! NEVER AGAIN!!
Dell is rated 1.22 based on 639 reviews