destination2.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend destination2.co.uk

Tell us how destination2.co.uk made you happy
Like Lauren we too had a holiday booked to the Maldives - in June . We have been issued a credit note but we have told them we want a refund and been told ok but we have to apply again at the end of November but they don’t say how long it will then take.
They are a joke.
They are thieves …
This company have acted in a way that can only be described as theft. After having two bookings with them, one for a Maldives hotel and sea plane transfers and another package to Las Vegas, both of which were cancelled due to Covid 19, the customer service is appalling to say the least.
The first booking to the Maldives has been refunded as “credit note”, I didn’t pay with a credit note so I shouldn’t receive my refund as a credit note. The hotel closed their doors from April and the seaplane (which was £1200 alone) was not even flying so how they can refuse a refund is beyond me. When I booked the holiday I was told the hotel takes payment two weeks before arrival and this was cancelled before this time so pull the other one that you have already paid the hotel/seaplane because that is not true!
The second booking was a package to Las Vegas in May and once again cancelled. I received yet another “credit note” for this booking even though the law states that any package holiday that is cancelled is entitled to a refund within 14 days. I’ve spoken to Kelly Bateman who I booked the holidays with on many occasions and she has been very helpful and informed me that the refund would take approximately 3 weeks, that was almost two months ago! The after sales team have shut shop, phone lines closed and only reply via email of which the replies from a Chelsea Hart are less than satisfactory. I’ve emailed customer services about the refund many times and they have said I have to wait until October!!! Funny that I can call the booking department and book another holiday with the credit note over the phone TODAY with a human but apparently their customer service team cannot process refunds in less than 6 months - go figure?!!
People have lost jobs, people cannot pay their bills, people cannot afford to lose over £4400 when a catastrophe like this occurs which is out of their control and this company are sitting on thousands, if not millions of people’s hard earned money and refusing to give it back in a timely manner whilst no doubt earning thousands in interest. What would have been a treat has now turned into a nightmare and the money that they are holding on to is the difference between me paying my mortgage for the next three months or getting my house repossessed due to no fault of my own.
I have spoken with citizens advice and they have confirmed this company are breaking the law with the policy that they have put in place. I have given them notice today that if I don’t get a satisfactory response from someone in customer service in a timely manner I will be seeking legal action. In addition to this, I will write this exact same review on every forum, review website, travel blog, company search and social media channels.
What would have been a regular customer has now turned in to someone who will never ever use your company again, even if it was free because of sheer lack of empathy for people that have been left out of pocket in the name of ‘business’.
Destination2 avoid this company at all costs, we have been passed from pillar to post been told we can get a refund for our holiday then they can't, they will call us back but never do, these people have stole my money, they have a legal moral obligation to refund people due to the closure of the hotel, we have in the end after 3 months of being told yes you get a refund no you don't get a refund, email this, let's look at it for you and we will call you back (still waiting) decided to claim on the credit card, sorry you don't deserve to survive this time when you treat people the way you have, disgraceful!!!!!
Still waiting after 2 months for refund.This review is pre coronavirus
we booked a holiday with destination 2 to thailand on the 26/01/2020 all went well until we tried to board a flight from bangkok to phuket to be told there was no flight booked for the 6 of us travelling.Being a very calm reasonably person we simply booked 6 more flights at a cost of £562.18 and continued on our holiday.On returning to the uk i contacted destination 2 I was told they would refund us the money, all well and good.After 3 more conversations with destination 2 but still no refund we are now 2 months down the line and nothing They cannot do enough for you when booking. but afterwards if you get a problem like
we did which may involve them paying you forget it. i cannot believe
this company can treat a customer so despicably after spending the best part of £10,000 pounds with them on one holiday.Totally disgusted.AVOID AT ALL COST
still waiting after 2 months for refund