Direct unlocks Reviews

2% of reviewers recommend Direct unlocks

Tell us how Direct unlocks made you happy

Over a week
"Crafty scam. Pay £17 for unlock. Get email to say it's ready and a further £29 to receive it. They claim the charges are in the emails they send you but it's a shady practice. Look elsewhere!"
Are you Direct unlocks? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"It’s a rip off they charge you first and then they send you another email telling you they cannot do the job and there’s no refunds"
"Absolute scam do not use this company what do ever. They take your money and don't reply back to at all."
"Complete scammer website"
"Absolute rip off gave me a price for £17.99 to unlock ee iphone 6 and once payment was taken get an email back saying please send another £33 to release the unlock.nowhere through the payment process states it charges you again.please also look at trust pilot reviews on this terrible scamming company.informed ee and they unlocked it for me for free or maximum they charge is £8.99.always contact your network first."
"took my money 100.00 no service will not respond to emails complete rip off"
"After paying for this service and waiting over 90 days still the phone is locked and they won't respond to emails. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!! Any good reviews you read is because they have been paid. No matter how many reviews you read here the reply from Direct Unlocks is always the same. I am at 17 emails with no reply or resolution. This is always their reply from Direct Unlocks If you are having any problems with a purchase please email and the team can help"
"First, the website made me pay $20 without clearly stating that there will be more charges (Order ID 10984268). Seconds after making that payment, I am asked to pay $37 more with the guarantee that the phone will be unlocked and there will be no further charges. This is clearly a deception. Second, even when I paid another $37 for unlocking (Order ID 10984274), the service was not delivered. I was told that a special service is required (premium service) and this time again it was mentioned that phone unlock will be guaranteed and there will be no further charges. I had clearly read the terms and conditions, and refund policy and those never said that the phone must not be in-contract. If my phone contract was already over, why would I bother using services like these? I can contact my service provider, and ask them to unlock my cell phone. Also, at that time, I got a message that I should use swappa.com to check my IMEI before ordering premium service Third, even after paying more $30 (Order ID 10988924) for premium service, the service was still not delivered, giving me the same message that more premium service required. The error message this time was my phone is in a contract and blacklisted, and this time it referenced cleancheck.me website instead of swappa. Why didn't the website mentioned in the first place that people should use cleancheck.me before they start paying the first initial $19? Why didn't the website mention that they will require more and more money at every step and they will never deliver the service? Please explain how is your service not a scam?"
"After paid 140€ and 3weeks of waiting to unlock an iPhone xs mas they disappeared without giving me the service, refund and not even answering the emails. Really disappointed"
"big Fraud, wait more than 90 days and nobody reply my emails."
"I told you that on March 12, I contracted with this company the unlocking services and I have more than 120 days waiting for a solution. I write to them and they do not answer my mail for the return of my money. is a gotcha."
"Very misleading in there pricing. I paid £17.99 then after 24hrs I received an email saying my code was now ready & when I pay an additional £29.50 unlocking payment I will then receive my code. Complete con! I will not be making other payments. I see others who say this is a fantastic service & code worked. I just wonder did they just foolishly pay the extra monies without realising that these people are dishonest & draw people in who are desperate to get their phones unlocked? Let help you for free! Thanks to these people & there greed & dishonesty I called 02 direct to see if they could unlock the phone I bought. They unlocked it for free. So Don't Pay These Con artists - Call the Network provider direct"
"Scammers. Had the same experience as the other reviewers on this site. Try to reverse the payment by contacting the bank. Avoid at all costs, do not pay the second amount. Wish I had seen the reviews first!"
"scammers and charalatans....."
"I submited a unlock feb 6th and still aint done now noone answeres me i paid 90 dollars i want my momey back"
"Direct unlocks UK is a total scam, a fraudulent company just to take money from you. I have read their ad twice on their website and I couldn't find anywhere that the $19.99 charge they offer to unlock an iPhone is just a pre-order. I paid it, and they come back now and tell me I have to pay $81 extra to have it fully unlock and there is no refund. Don't do business with them."
"TOTAL FRAUD! Stay Away from them! Ordered my unlock for the iPad that came with my new house in Jan 2019. It is now June and not only is it not unlocked, DirectUnlocks won't even respond to my emails. -Feb 14, 2019: Ordered Unlock, they took my money, told me 90 days (working days) to complete the process. -Apr 22, 2019: I asked for status update, DirectUnlocks response was "We realize these are taking a long time, it's the nature of these unlocks" 90 days had not expired yet. -May 20, 2019: Asked for another update, nothing heard -June 3, 2019: Asked for another update, still nothing. Well over 90 working days now. Bottom line, unless I hear something quickly and this gets resolved, I strongly recommend using these guys, it's a total scam."
"Complete scam. Do not use them. You’ll get nothing in return. Wish I would’ve trusted my gut."
"Terrible company avoid at all costs. I purchased an unlock for an s7 which was locked to Vodafone (purchased this as I needed the unlock faster than Vodafone could do it after submitting the IMEI details you then go to a pre check to see if the IMEI can be unlocked this is charged and then after you pay you then get another email saying the device can be unlocked and there is then a second fee to pay. Even though these details are well hidden it is stated on the site so not an issue if they had actually unlocked the phone 2 days later I get an email saying the device could not be unlocked to being locked into contract and I would need to pay even more to get it unlocked. But to their credit they did offer a credit note to use on another device (which I tried unsuccessfully 3 times) now I know the last devices I tried was defiantly no longer in contract and even checked them on the check website prior to starting the process and at this point it showed as clean. After the process failed the device shows as bad on the site so I believe it’s the unlocking process its self-causing the issue. I contacted direct unlocks with my issue stating I now require a refund rather than credit as they are unable to provide the service I have paid for after giving plenty of time to respond I have not had a single reply. I am now starting the process of leaving negative feedback about this company on all media platforms as well as reporting the company to trading standards and taking legal action to recover my refund. I hope others read this review and don’t get caught out"
Direct unlocks is rated 1.08 based on 52 reviews