Direct unlocks Reviews

Over A Week
Returns & Refunds
Refunds Process
Difficult

Tell us how Direct unlocks made you happy
Direct unlocks 1 star review on 12th April 2022
Ranjit
Direct unlocks 1 star review on 12th July 2020
Big Scam! I paid way more than any unlock service before (I also had to pay twice! Some kind of "first step" is required, to see if they can unlock the phone, I should have known by then). They didn't manage to unlock my phone. In order to get my money back, I was told, I had to send the proof of purchase of my phone, f.ex. bill. Which I did!! Since then no answers, no refund!!! I tried to contact them again, they only send me a generic answer. I pressed for an explanation, since then no answer... Stay away, if you want to keep your sanity and your money!
This company is basically a scam, and I would not recommend anyone to use their service. I placed another and it was supposed to be completed in 4 days, then after that time passed, i check with them and they said to wait. I waited 10 more days, and still nothing. They keep saying we are working on it, and give you no timeframe. When I asked for my refund, they were like we will refund second installment, 1st installment was something like 'eligibility' check! I was like what eligibility? I knew what the problem with my phone was, and did I have to pay $29 for them to tell me??!! Anyway, I have not even received the 2nd installment fee....please don't use these guys...total scam.
2ヶ月経過してもSIMロックの解除ができず、契約を履行していないことが明白です。 私が支払った費用の返金を何度も催告しましたが、返金の手続きについて一度も返信がありません。 It is clear that the SIM lock cannot be released even after 2 months and the contract is not fulfilled. I have repeatedly requested a refund of the costs I paid, but I have never received a reply regarding the refund procedure.
Total Scam of a company - Terms and Conditions Change on checkout.
Its been more than 20 days since I made a first payment: only got updates on day one. I am reading people who is required a second payment, which I will not be doing based on other's users experiences. Don't waste your time or money!
Total scam. Paid twice and phone did not get unlocked at all. Cannot even send an email to the company, the email address is invalid. Wasted my money. Do not trust this company.
This company is a scam!! Payed $70 usd to unlock my phone. That was two months ago and still nothing!!
You will be charged two payments, they claim in the email they send you that they alerted you to this fact. They dont. But it happens. Read any other review. Even once you have paid the two fees, i've been waiting 6 weeks and phone still not unlocked. the oh so helpful tracking page has said "1 day X hours" remaining for the last 35 days. Emails to Tim in customer service are as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike. Avoid this scammer or throw 50 quid in the toilet to achieve the same outcome.
Scam alert, stay away I submitted my code 38 days ago. I was promised an unlock in a matter of hours. I was then asked for a second payment and to wait for 10 days. Once those expired, I was refused a refund, and asked to wait for 30 days. I have now exchanged more than 10 emails with an appalling customer service, who is refusing to refund, completely ignoring what I am writing and responding with automated messages. Stay away, don't waste your money, use another service! As of today, the phone is still locked, and I have lost more than 60GBP.
Beware of this company! I ordered an iPhone unlock for £23.99, after processing they tell you that this is just an Admin fee. A further charge of over £40 is then requested. After contacting them I found them very unhelpful, and after a lot of emailing got offered a credit for their site and not a refund which I wanted. After speaking with Trading Standards and my bank, both are now going to launch an investigation, as they deem the company not transparent with the actual cost. To summarise: This is a scam company..Do Not Use!
On Nov 28 I purchase the services to unlock ATT iPhone12, on Dec 3 I paid 133£ for premium as my device is under contract, until today Feb 1 they have not unlocked my phone. I decided contacted Luke, asked why it hasn’t been unlocked yet because exceed the time frame and he kept giving vague answers, then I got one email station my device was blocked and I got a credit note, not true! I have the device and I sent proof of purchase, I asked refund and he did not answer me, I had emailed him several times, like 20 email until he answered and again that he couldn’t do anything because it wasn’t unlocked! They DO NOT have direct access to unlock server as they stated by the way! If they had my device should be unlocked at this time. I kept contacting them during this time and Luke and Tim kept telling me we will unlock your device, I asked my refund as the 30 days has passed and they avoid to answer, I asked and ETA and they also avoid the answer, they only post on their website their standard answers and they did not update any of my questions. Today Feb 2 I got an email stating they gave me a credit note because my device came up as lost/stolen really? After I sent proof of purchase! On thei email they say there is a tracking link in case you don’t have use of a credit note and wishes a refund but guess what? It doesn’t! When clicking in the just redirects you to the page where you can see that result of what came from the servers!
É um esquema. Não usem o serviço Não usem este serviço. É um esquema. Não existe intenção de desbloquear o telemóvel pelo valor apresentado. Após pagamento enviam uma informação a pedir mais dinheiro. Ao fim de algum tempo já nem se dão ao trabalho de responder.
Complete waste of money. They constantly ask for more money but actually never received anything from them. Asked to pay a premium service for which again received nothing. I do not recommend.
I'm supposed to write this without offensive language ... Oh how I want to rant and rage!... I was clearly under the impression that the unlocking fee was £20 + VAT ... Having paid this, I now found it was a "Pre-check fee with more to pay" ... get the idea?I'm not happy! On top of that, having advertised that the code will be available in a matter of hours (because they have access to the manufacturers database), now that they have the second payment, the time is suddenly going to take 2 days because, apparently, computers don't work at the weekend, and computers aren't able to function at full capacity because of the CoVid pandemic... what utter ****** (fill in your own description)
Needs to be transparent on ad page that it's a 2 payment service and may prove more expensive than the value of the phone.
If I could give them no stars at all I would. These people are complete scammers. No where in the initial order did it mention there would be an additional £95 payment to unlock the phone. Initially paid £23.00 but then got an email saying they require £95 to unlock the found. I never paid the second payment and have asked for a refund but they never reply to emails. They need to be reported to the police or consumer rights authority the amount of people. The worst is a reputable store called Simply Fix is recommending them on their website! Please stay away from this company!!!!!
Directunlock are a sophisticated scam take your money for an unlocking service that they claim they can do. But unfortunately my experience they take your money and leave you high and dry.
States a price and the small print says you have to pay more - not obvious, claim 4 hour unlock and when you pay it changes to 48 hours - avoid at all costs
Direct Unlocks are a scam. I search Google for 'Vodafone iPhone Unlocks' and these guys are the sponsored results displaying 'From £23.99' (ASA Ruled against these guys yin 2018 instructing them to drop the 'from' claim as they were unable to demonstrate anyone actually pays the 'from' rate. ASA ref A18-447541). Looks like the advice is getting ignored years later. Run a search on my IMEI, and I am presented with a cost of £23.99 and I continue to purchase. Several hours later, I am asked for an additional £95 to complete the unlock. I click the 'query this charge' where I receive a response immediately saying the charge was clearly stated on my order confirmation. Confused, I go back through the purchase flow (as a new customer again) and the charge is pretty obvious. I was surprised I missed it. Intrigued, I use my husbands phone to run a quote on his IMEI. The £23.99 charge displays, no reference to any additional charges. Run the search a second time for his IMEI, this time the charge DOES show on the order confirmation page. Here's what they are doing: A unique IMEI search omits details on extra charges (sure, they are buried in the T&C, but the extra charge is not evident to the customer). When you get a told there are extra charges, and run your IMEI through again, the charge will show. Making customers confused thinking they missed the charge and perhaps agree to pay it. Shady practice indeed. The reviews on review.io are 1*. The reviews on Trustpilot are 4*. They refund £10 for good reviews on TP. Go figure ;)
As per many other reviews...basically a legitimate scam...I paid a fee of $28 to unlock and then receive a follow up email asking for $116...I have asked for a refund but don't hold out much hope...web ombudsman please, where are you?..
Direct unlocks is rated 1.70 based on 118 reviews