Dunster House Ltd Reviews

Read Dunster House Ltd Reviews

marketing@dunsterhouse.co.uk

Dunster House, Elms Farm Industrial Estate, Bedford

Tell us how Dunster House Ltd made you happy
Do not buy from these Del boys! The quality of wood is very poor and when a problem is highlighted their customer service team reply with 'well it is wood and we cant stop it deforming ' Had the cabin getting on for two years. Within a few months we had a downpour which flooded along the so called sealed wooden beams. The whole cabin now swells and shrinks with the conditions even though it's been treated with over £100 worth of the wood treatment recommended by Dunster. I've recently had to make some metal strengthening bars in work in an attempt to hold the beams together. On really hot days the beams swell so much gaps appear and we can see daylight through them. 10 year guarantee my arse. Be lucky to get another 12 months out of it. Very poor choice on my part.
Wish I read this site and the Money Saving Expert site specifically showing all the issues everyone has had. My customer service issues have almost been a mirror image. Luckily my defects are due to poor workmanship, mitre joints with gaping gaps in the windows, white wood filler in the doors front and inside, faces of the planks peeling off, faces of the planks where the planer obviously dug in. it took a long time to commit to buying a product sue to the expense and work required and now i wish i bought someone elses. Do not touch their insulation kits just go to the builders merchants and make your own as that what they do but with a 4x multipiler. The sales quoted delivery to me in 3 weeks... I acknowledge the dishonest comments in these reviews as that's how i feel, misled for a sale. the next week i had a text saying it was out of stock and would be 40 days for delivery.... 8 weeks. After numerous emails, not one replied too i had a delivery date of 7.5wks. I complained it was reluctantly moved to 6 weeks on the dot, conveniently inline with their T&Cs of 30 days. still no written correspondence from them. Suddenly leave them a review on trustpilot and you cant get them off the email, but they wont respond to you points or queries or acknowledge they were at fault and have caused significant distress. As I've seen here, use at your peril. For the moment I have a useable cabin, we'll have to wait and see on its longevity. I dont think i'll ever be completely satisfied with it due to the stress and issues caused in the build by DH. I would say the delivery guys were very nice, the only customer face of DH.
Purchased a cabin from them, it leaked within 2 months, its now splitting between the logs with gaping holes! They won't come to look and customer service are just not interested. Would NOT recommend and would suggest you stay away
Joinery skills from Dunster house are appalling ,virtually no skills at all in joinery .Quality of timber is very poor . Design also poor . Very cheaply manufactured ,Imho just thrown out of a workshop as quick as possible to make big profits . Wish I had never seen or heard of them .
Bad Design and Poor Build Quality Our new home has a Dunster summer house, built for the previous owner about 3 years ago. It is falling apart. Dunster have told me that as I did not buy the summer house from them then they are not interested and have suggested that I contact a local expert! I did and he has ripped their build quality to pieces. Essentially the structure is not strong enough to support the roof, the walls are collapsing and the doors will not close.
These play systems are not suitable for children over the age of 8 and are not easy to anchor into the ground. We bought the MonkeyFort Woodland Climbing Frame for my children aged 9 and 11. This product says it’s suitable for ages 3 to 14. The swing seats are tiny and my children can’t sit in them comfortably. When contacting Dunster House to ask what they can do for us - they have refused to accept that the seats are too small, despite us sending them photos, and have refused to send alternative swing seats unless we purchase them. That’s £660 for a swing set with no swings. We were appalled by their lack of aftercare. In addition - beware of the anchoring system. It may be more secure than a peg system - but Digging 4 x holes Half a metre deep is not possible without suitable tools - that are not supplied. Be prepared to spend more time and money anchoring the product after building. This is not the friendly helpful company they claim to be.
This company are really just dishonest. Sales people that just want your money and don't know much about wood or the cabins, pressure and telephone harassment to deliver a wooden cabin in hundreds of pieces during Britain's rainiest week for decades, oh and you have to unload tons of wood yourself - no HiAb trucks at all. Unclear website description and prices that rise after deposit paid. Customer services are really not so smart and not interested in customer satisfaction at all. There are tons of complaints about them on Martin Lewis' Money Supermarket. Will never buy from them again.
This is not even 1 star review. So before I made an online order I called directly to ask about the different size of gazebo and fitting. I got the answer on both and got told they wont do fitting but they will deliver TO your house within 7 working days. Yesterday guys came refusing to go inside the house for 3 steps to take it to the garden because they will lose their jobs. When i called back the office woman on the phone was absolutely useless keep saying about terms and conditions. It says there they dont bring it in and other b*****. When i tried to explain to her in english for like 5 times that i called and got told it will be delivered to my house not a front of my house she still goes terms and conditions. Btw lady i spoke to was Naomi. Very nice and polite girl. Only positive part in this case. I just don’t understand if i paid for something over £1000 and giving the right to the drivers to come inside and take it to garden as im right there and its my house, why would you stop them for doing so? Its the worst costumer service ever. The other woman over the phone was rude as well. And im just so angry and disappointed to be forced to go through all this but you made me so. Now i have the gazebo all unpacked in parts all over my living room because they couldn’t bring it in all packed. It cant go out now as its not in pack anymore and we had to open it as only my brother was at home at the time and its heavy. So no one could help him till later on and he isnt sitting and watching over something that could be picked up otherwise. I dont know why they even bother delivering? Their drivers are paid to be driving around?? Nice job... This experience its disgusting and even that is not good enough explanation of how i actually feel. If there wasnt anyone to tell them to come in. But they had permission. On the other hand they could possibly help my brother to bring it in 2 f**** steps. But not even that. Absolutely disgusted by this service and company and everything. Not even in the wildest dreams will be ordering ever again from you and will make sure i spread the word about them around at work and everyone i know.
Purchased window for new workshop. Delivery happened as per advice no complaint there and delivery driver was good. The window itself appears to be ok (time will tell), the glass however did have a black sealant on it which had to be cleaned off. The biggest problem with this Company is that you cannot speak to anyone in customer services..... I suspect this dept doesn't exist!!!! The window was missing the key, therefore lock is useless. Called Dunster to check length of warranty and advise that key was missing, to be told by the annoyed and irritated member of staff i spoke to... "Look up the warranty on the website and send an email re the missing key". When i advised that i couldn't send an email i was told, "to write a letter.." There's customer services for you.... Won't be bothering with this company again.
I had an absolute bad experience from this company and I would think twice before letting go of your hard earned money. In the months leading up to my purchase - I was assured by the two sales people - that it would not be a problem when it came to delivering my product to my unmanaged lane. I made numerous caveats that a smaller vehicle was needed to deliver the cabin. I even hired their second hand to help with the delivery on the expectation that it would be delivered to my driveway. My worse fears were around the corner. Dunster House arrived with a 7.5 ton lorry as it seemed that they prioritised their two deliveries that day instead of organising a smaller van to handle my delivery. They parked on the main road and placed it 24 metres away and not the full 50 metres as promised. It took me 4.15 hours to move 4 tonnes worth of cabin down to my driveway - because Dunster House dispatch did not read the delivery instructions. I confirmed this when their driver handed me his phone to talk to her. What made it even worse was that I had to take half a days annual leave to fix this mess - which left me further out of pocket. I immediately wrote to Dunster House customer service team and the customer services manager had taken almost a week to look into it, but only to conclude that they couldn’t do anything else. I already told him multiple times - the error occurred when you did not arrange for the correct vehicle to deliver. This fell on deaf ears and as a customer, my inconvenience and having to shoulder further costs was not taken seriously nor even into account. What was even alarming was that there were notes supposedly taken by the sales advisor who I spoke to (Sarah or Saem) saying that I had contractors to help me. They actually falsified what I said to them. I have carpenter skills so why would I hire someone else? Dunster House - your job was to deliver to my driveway - that was your problem to solve which you couldn’t do because - you sent a truck instead. This is where the problem started and the Dunster House customer service manager refused to take ownership of the failure to deliver. Shocking service. Absolute let down Dunster House. Writing imaginary things that customers apparently say is not trustworthy and as such, my advice is to either record your telephone conversations or have the sales team confirm what you want in writing and if they do not want to repeat your arrangements back in writing - do not purchase.
We purchased the Valiant 350 and loved the look of it on the company website. What a depressing disappointment it has turned out to be. This Summerhouse is supposedly guaranteed for 10 years. REALLY! The pressure treated base wood has partially rotted thru. Therefore upon stepping in thru the doors the wooden floorboards completely caved in and splintered underneath our feet. We are now in the process of lifting nine lengths of flooring which splintered and will have to be disposed of. Then trying to cut out a large section of the rotted base timber and try and replace with a new pressure treated length. We are then left with the problem of refitting the section of tongue and groove flooring in a mid section of the floor which is thankless and difficult task. Added to this the back wall of the summerhouse leaks as the boards have shrunk and the gaps are almost an inch wide in several places. The wood is very poor quality and has no strength. The glass at the bottom of two of the doors is exposed as the bottom of the doors have rotted. We have done nothing but paint and re-paint several times using the paint recommended and purchased from Dunster House.We have spent more time worrying about trying to make this waterproof and repairing a completely rubbish product than being able to use it. After spending over £2000 plus the cost of the labour we haven't had a moments peace. Please look elsewhere before parting with your money as we were taken in by the pretty advertising.anna
Do not purchase anything from this company. Utterly appalling service and poor quality materials. Item purchased is unfit for purpose, unsafe and ready for the bonfire. You cannot speak to anyone by telephone!
Was just about to purchase a door and then stumbled upon these shockingly poor reviews. A very crooked company
I was going to buy a cabin from this company but after reading the reviews, i've changed my mind. Their attitude stinks when it goes wrong. Some of their replies to seemingly fair negative comments are very dismissive of all responsibility. Even their emoloyee reviews are shockingly bad and it always seems to be anybodys fault but theirs.
This company will only deal with you when you are considering putting an order in. Any customer service following this is zero, staff hang up or simply do not return any calls, tell you to email then ignore. When making an expensive purchase you expect some customer service and enquiries to be answered. I urge anyone considering buying to ensure they know what they are doing, check over each and every component whilst delivery driver is present as this is the only way this can be feedback to the company, following this they do not take any calls. Worst company ever for customer service, clearly they make their money by taking customer payment and not paying any effective staff to follow up on issues or concerns. Our shed is not yet built, I dread to think if we have any further issues as they simply don't reply. Maybe if you near the showroom you may be able to speak to an actual person that wont be rude or simply don't communicate.
Very disappointed with the quality of the Vantage 250 we have just purchased from Dunster House, thinking that we were buying a good quality product. . Delivery was fine, but no installation service so it took 2 people 3 days to assemble all the pieces at a cost of £350. The rain leaked through the wood underneath the windows so rang customer services. and I was advised to email and wait for a response. After a few days of torrential rain I solved the problem with applying clear sealant. Now completed installation and painting to preserve the life of the summerhouse. The spruce wood used it very poor quality and covered in knots. , splits, splinters and hundreds of nail holes. The pinewood used in our garden shed is much better quality and cost a fraction of the price. Although installed following the instructions the windows are badly fitting and rattle. The floor and roof are made from MDF material not wood. Dunster House is advertised as the No. 1 compared with other companies selling similar products. Marketing, photos and descriptions are very misleading. To avoid disappointment do not use this company to buy a summer house. Very poor service.
Extremely poor service! Really rude delivery drivers, left it in a insecure impractical space and refused to move despite calling the dispatch team there and then, poor follow up service. Avoid at all costs.
Log cabin has holes in the wood and a lot of splinters but they would not replace and customer services were very rude
Absolutely disgusting from the company. Bolt completely rusted through after a year and they refused to replace them. Dangerous to children, STAY AWAY
Spent a lot of money on a summerhouse with shed last year have had nothing but problems with the wood swelling , so unable to shut doors or windows , did paint as per instructions from dunster house . Did contact customer service who were useless said to get a builder in to sort or family member!! Still this year having same problem . Several friends have summer houses bought from different companies and not experienced this problem. Do not buy from this company save your money , will continue to post my disappointment with this company so people do not waste their monies.
Dunster House Ltd is rated 1.67 based on 89 reviews