Edinburgh Airport Reviews

of reviewers recommend Edinburgh Airport
Read Edinburgh Airport Reviews

Edinburgh Airport,Ingliston

Tell us how Edinburgh Airport made you happy
We arrived safely which was good. However there is room for improvement. Signage to find the bus into Edinburgh was unclear although we did find the tram instead.

On previous occasions I have been dismayed by the 'newer' International Arrivals area which resembles a hangar and made me wonder whether I was arriving in a rural area in a third world country. As a Scot I was ashamed to imagine what first time visitors to Edinburgh must make of such a welcome. I assume this is just a temporary space until something more adequate can be built? I have also found luggage delivery in this area to be ridiculously slow given that the plane is essentially right outside the door. Service through the longer established International Arrivals is far better.
I traveled through several airports this trip to Europe and EDI I'd the most efficient and well run of them. Great job. Keep up the good work.
fine but the wifi was just for 2 hours.
our flight to heathrow was delayed by one hour making our further connection impossible but this information was given only in the desplays after baggage dropoff and police controls. we had to return to checkin desks to have the flight changed, recover the baggage and pass through police controls again with loss of time and lot of trouble. had we known this delay before arriving at the gate hall we could have spared all this
Good amount of shops and places to eat. A couple of downfalls were not enough seating in the shopping area, not enough free charging stations (plugs or USB connections) and water refill stations (to cut down on buying plastic bottles)
It's organised but car hire offices too far from arrivals and I do not like the fact thst one has to make his own chevk in and issueing if luggage labels etc
I use Edinburgh on a regular basis, I find the airport reliable and efficient with friendly and helpful staff.
quickly through fast track passport control although, annoyingly, the general queue for once was very small and we gained nothing for our tenner!
Check in was easy with easyJet. Quick and efficient, staff helpful.
Loathe having to walk through the duty full shops once through security.
Loathe the irrelevant retail outlets that make one feel that airctravel is only suppised to be for the wealthy.
Had a food experience in the Gathering restaurant. Friendly and efficient staff.
Invited to put our cabin bag in hold free of charge, yet another passenger was later told his bag would cost him £45 by an over officious blonde female at the gate.
All in all I just get the impression the airport is so far up itself it no longer really caters for real people. The drive up market is ludicrous when the business expansion is coming from low fare air carriers.
Everything was good we had no problem.
The facilities
Very efficient bag drop then speedy move through security,fastest time going through in recent visits .
It was the best security process we have been through and we have experienced many airports around the world. It was extremely effective and efficient while being quick and humane. Very well laid out. The people were respectful. No long lineups. The physical environment was bright and airy with lots of space. Best airport experience ever!
Arrival via 'international' entrance - a poor welcome for visitors. Arrival time about 9.30pm (21st June). No trolleys in baggage return. Took about 30 minutes for luggage to arrive. Facilities just outside customs clearly closing up for the night. All-in-all - a very poor show. Must do better.
Free drinking water to fill up empty bottles, free bags for cosmetics, free WiFi, a lot of shops
Fast security check and comfortable WC.
No issues through security or with boarding , very efficient
security check could be better organised - trays building up next to additional hand luggage check point - queue building up and stopping flow of customers collecting trays
We unfortunately had a 6 hour delay and my husband had packed his medication in our suitcase! A big thank you to all staff involved in reuniting him with our suitcase to retrieve his tablets last Wednesday. Medication will be in our hand luggage in future.
flying out to Manchester on tues 20th june 2017 and was at the airport between 5-5:30pm had an issue re liquids in two bags. The duty manager kindly help me re pack the bag and helped me sort the issue out. very kind as she was extremely busy. Excellent customer service.
Edinburgh Airport is rated 3.81 based on 1,176 reviews