Euroventure Travel Ltd Reviews

of reviewers recommend Euroventure Travel Ltd
Email, Live Chat, Telephone
Read Euroventure Travel Ltd Reviews

About Euroventure Travel Ltd:

Euroventure create bespoke interrailing packages for groups and independent travellers, including hand picked accommodation, directions and train tickets. It’s totally flexible: tell us where you want to go and when, and we sort out the rest. Once you go away you’re free to make the most of your days – we don’t prescribe activities or set times; we know each traveller has a different idea of what makes the perfect Euroventure. Travelling Europe by train is scenic, sociable and environmentally friendly, and with so many cultures and landscapes to cover, it’s the perfect way to experience them all in one trip.

info@euroventure.com

Amelia Alexander
Ella
Amelia
Nicole
We experienced a couple of issues on our trip around Europe (Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague, Budapest, Munich and Brussels) with euroventure. The first issue we came across was that our train from Amsterdam to Deventer did not exist, when we checked train times the day before, this meant we had to contact the euroventure emergency number to find out which trains we could get instead. Therefore, we had to get an earlier train and change twice at Utrecht and Amersfoort. Amersfoort was also spelt wrong on the email sent from euroventure with the new train times, meaning we all filled it out wrong on our interail passes. If we hadn’t checked the day before we would have missed the train and lost half a day in Berlin. The second issue we experienced was that on a number of trains we could not find seats as they were full, so we had to sit in the gangways for 4+ hour train journeys. This is as a result of being advised in our euroventure information book that the trains were open seating, so we would therefore be able to sit in any seat, when in fact the majority of people reserve seats meaning there aren’t many, if any, left for open seating. We therefore paid for seat reservations on a lot of our later trains to ensure we had seats, adding to the overall cost of the holiday, around 5 euro per train per person. We would have expected booking through a company of expert travellers that this issue would have been highlighted to us and the option to reserve seats given in the booking stage. The third issue we experienced was that whilst a lot of the hostels promise free breakfasts on their websites, if you book through a company like yourselves you are expected to pay for them. The final issue we experienced on the holiday was with our hostel in Brussels. We decided to get the later train into Brussels to ensure we had some time to explore Munich, however this train ended up being delayed so we arrived in Brussels around 11pm. Once we arrived at the hostel after using the public transport we were told that we were in a separate building 20 mins walk from where we were, there had been no mention of this in the directions and information about the hostel. We therefore had to walk through the streets of Brussels at 11.45pm which was a frightening experience for a group of five girls, as the streets were filled with drunks. If we had known that the hostel was so much further away we would have got the earlier train. Once we arrived at the hostel we went to the room the lady on the front desk gave us keys for and directed us to, to find that there were only two beds for five of us. We therefore tried to call reception but it had shut as it was now past midnight, (something else we weren’t told about), which would have been an issue if our train was delayed anymore. We therefore decided to go back down to the lobby and phone the emergency euroventure number. Whilst we were doing this we noticed a guy locking the common room and asked if he worked there, instead of answering the question he asks “why?” so we ask again and instead of answering he asks “Is there a problem?”. His whole attitude and not answering the question as to whether he worked at the hostel made us all very uncomfortable and unsure whether to trust him, but we told him about the problem as we didn’t have any other option. He eventually sorted the issue out for us, but not before having a go at us for being on the phone to you and yelling down the phone in another language which made us feel very intimidated. The person on the euroventure emergency number was very nice but at the end of the day there wasn’t much he could do. We wrote an email to euroventure about these issues and were offered no compensation instead given a very condescending email reply in which they forgot to copy the trip leader into. Because of theses experiences I would not recommend using this company and would not book through them again.
Thanks again for the feedback which you already sent us by email. Here is the email you referred to that we wrote back to you, which you are still very welcome to respond to. I have copied it exactly since it still addresses all the points you raise. Please do reply to it if you have any further comments to make and we will be more than happy to assist you further. On 18th July I wrote to you: Thanks very much for your email outlining the issues you experienced. I wanted to give you a full response so apologies I wasn’t able to do this yesterday. I am sorry that you found the train in the travel pack was not running. Timetables do change, and various cancellations occur, which as you mentioned we do not have control over. Unfortunately, we don’t have such an alert system as you described – this is not down to the size of the company (about 20 people) but actually just this kind of system doesn’t exist. Our way of compensating for this is having the out of hours phone, which you were able to call once you found out about the problem. Regarding the misspelling of Amersfoort, Amy who you spoke to on the phone sent you an email within just a few minutes of the call to get you all the information quickly, and she typed out the station name wrong. This would not have affected your interrail passes in any way. Whilst we did mention when confirming your booking that you could add seat reservations that weren’t compulsory, I acknowledge that we didn’t specifically advise either way whether we thought they should be included. I agree with you that booking through a company of expert travellers we should be providing this guidance as opposed to simply presenting the option. The issue is that it’s hard to know specifically which trains will be busy and over what period, and we don’t want to make people feel that they should always include them when they don’t need them – after all there is also a benefit to being flexible with the interrail pass on the day of travel. I am glad that you were able to purchase the seat reservations in the station once you made the decision to, and of course the cost of these would have been the same if you had booked through us. For next summer we will review which trains are particularly busy and we will try to make that information more accessible to guide travellers on which trains we would recommend seat reservations on. I have looked into the Brussels hostel, and would like to reassure you that the experience you described is an anomaly. I am very sorry that you felt unsafe walking across Brussels. We were not aware that the hostel would allocate you a room that was twenty minutes’ walk away, as if we had been we would not have booked it. We look at our hostel partnerships at least once a year and work hard to make sure you are staying in places with a minimum standard of service. This kind of feedback helps us do that and we have decided not to use 2Go4 Grande Place hostel any more. I can only apologise on behalf of the hostel for the behaviour of their employees, which does not adhere to the standard we would also expect. With regards to breakfasts, it is not something that we claim to include. Hostels which include free breakfast for everyone also include it for Euroventure guests, as should have been the case in the Flying Pig Uptown in Amsterdam for example. We do try to be as clear as possible with everyone at the time of booking about exactly what is included, and we do also review this kind of information from time to time – but if it is not what you expected then we can look at improving our communication in this area. Thank you for your kind words about the rest of the trip. We really appreciate the feedback and I am sorry about the issues that you described. We will take it all on board in the hopes of improving our service in the future. Philip Cabra Netherton Managing Director Euroventure Travel
We booked the Italian Escape for 2 weeks this June with Euroventure and had the most amazing time. The team were very Professional and helpful at all times. Good information with an excellent app, maps, and local metro information. Hostels/Hotels all very good.Can not wait to book next Journey with Euroventure.
Can't Fault Euroventure team for everything and creating the trip of a lifetime! Even with the current coronavirus issues, they are flexible, understanding and dealt with any concerns of the virus to reroute the trip. Will definitely be using them again!
Had a wonderful trip organised with Euroventure. All hotels fab and instructions on how to get to places spot on. No issues at all and I definitely recommend. Hil
Euroventure Travel Ltd 5 star review on 4th March 2020
Myself and two friends did the two week whole hog as our first solo trip without family, everything was perfect to the last detail, the hostels were unique comfortable, conveniently located (if not central very close to city transport links). Another thing that thrilled me was the personalised travel book, I'm dyslexic with an awful sense of direction but the instructions for how to get to every hostel were so easy to follow! We had one problem when a hostel tried to charge us for the night but one call to the helpline and the lovely team behind euroventure sorted it in minutes. This was the trip of a lifetime and the best experience of my life! Thank you so much Euroventure!
Euroventure Travel Ltd 5 star review on 1st March 2020
I couldn't fault my trip, experience of a lifetime, perfect.
Euroventure Travel Ltd 5 star review on 27th February 2020
We have travelled with Euroventure as a family twice now. Both times amazing. The most recent trip was Northern Europe. Everything was well organised, the hotels were fab. To to do a trip with our 3 grown up sons (one who has Autism- the Travel Booklet with the detailed itinerary and directions was perfect for him!) was lovely and train travel to different places meant there was something for everyone- I even got to see Van Gogh’s Sunflowers in Amsterdam in between eating waffles, cycling and drinking beer!
Euroventure Travel Ltd 5 star review on 26th February 2020
Met some lovely people. The hostels were good the best one was the Venice Anda hostel the free breakfasts were good. Some of the hostels could have been closer to the center so we didn't have to spend so much on metro tickets like prague. We also had to buy tickets a few times for the included activities because he ran out. Maybe another full day in Vienna. Getting to each place was easy with a guide, just wished that Tom was more vocal about what trains and where we were going. And said all the activities the night before with a set time in the chat because a lot of us were always waiting for one or two people to get ready which wasn't fair on everyone else. And a reminder of the times and optional activities the next day. I also thought everyone should get a proper introduction when we all arrived so its less awkward to begin with and so everyone can learn peoples name sooner. The personalied pack could have had the popular sights in each city to give people ideas or activities to do or reccomend food places near to the hostel etc, a lot of the stuff in there wasn't needed. Overall the price was a bit high considering what we actually did get for our money. So I think that you should include travel passes for each day in every location especially the ones where the top destinations are quite far. And probably a meal in a few of the places together included as some people missed free drinks and we weren't allowed to get 2 in the next place. So a meal might be better in a selected restaurant. I enjoyed the trip and I'm glad I did it.
Very good locations and good instructions on where to go each day. Really enjoyed going to the recommended locations they recommended. However some of the hostels that I was booked in to had no air conditioning and during a heatwave, it made sleeping very uncomfortable. Also, the Obanjan island retreat that I paid extra to go to was very quiet. I know Euroventure may not have known how busy it would have been there but as I paid extra to go here and expected a lot, I was disappointed that there was not much going on daily and overheard someone say two years ago there was a lot more going on. When returning from the island I had about 5 and a half hours to get my flight at 3:30 but with unbelievable traffic, I was still about 30 minutes away at 2:30. I was sure I would miss my flight and so called Euroventure asking what to do. They said there was nothing much they could do as they didn't book the flights and told me there was another flight at 10:00 that night (I looked it up after, it was @400 and took 18 hours with a stopover). I miraculously managed to get to my flight with 25 minutes left, but never got a call or message from Euroventure asking if I got the flight or not. I thought this was a bit inconsiderate as I was very panicked when I rang and didn't get much help further.
Hi Sean Thank you for the review and the positive words about our recommendations, as well as the rest of your feedback! I agree that sleeping during a heat wave without air conditioning is uncomfortable. I think more and more places will have to install air conditioning as the climate changes. We prefer to book places that have air conditioning, but not all hostel dorms have it so it can sometimes be a question of availability. I’m sorry that Obonjan island didn’t live up to the expectations you had. We take all feedback about locations and accommodation providers into account and constantly review them, so that we can offer the best advice and experience to travellers. I am glad that you did manage to make your flight home as it sounds like the alternative was very expensive. We try to provide whatever assistance we can whilst you are on the itinerary that you book with us, which is the overland transport between cities and the accommodation. As you say since we don’t sell the flight element, we are limited in what we can do and can effectively only help with information. We are always willing to provide assistance whenever you get in touch with us and we did let you know you could call us again if you missed your flight. I’m sorry we didn’t check in with you this time but I’m glad it worked out in the end. Thank you for the review again and we hope we can help you plan another trip in the future. Phil Managing Director
I planned my first ever solo trip through Euroventure. Having my accommodation and transport organised for me by a company who knew what they were doing meant that my trip was practically stress-free. Tolly helped me plan out a route that worked for me, and Bogi answered my last-minute questions quickly and helpfully. I've already recommended Euroventure to my friends and I would definitely consider booking another trip with them!
I went on a 56 day bespoke European trip last year and it was the most exhilarating experience ever. Euroventure helped me from the very beginning to half way through my trip when I needed travel advice. The fact that they set the route for my trip, with very minimal input from me (as I just had no clue other than wanting to travel and sight see) to the amazing hostels they booked for me and putting together my very own guide with easy transfer information. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly, being a bit of a control freak I was a little worried but Euroventure had everything booked down to the tee. As someone who likes to solo travel, I would defiantly recommend booking with them. And intend to do so again in the future (maybe branching out to Bali :-)
We had the most incredible trip with Euroventure! We spent just under three weeks travelling through Berlin, Krakow, Prague, Vienna, Bratislava, Budapest, Zagreb, Split, Dubrovnik and Sarajevo, and had a fantastic experience. The travel pack provided by Euroventure was awesome, and they were so helpful and lovely before, during and after our trip. The peace of mind of having them just at the end of the phone was invaluable. All of the hostels were lovely, and all of our travel tickets were correct. Cannot recommend enough- fantastic value for money! We will definitely be planning another adventure with Euroventure soon. Thank you so much :)
Euroventure Travel Ltd 5 star review on 9th July 2018
My trip was a custom package and was absolutely amazing! Euroventure organised everything, and sent out a travel pack with all the information I needed, plus helpful tips like language essentials and suggested itineraries. I was a female travelling on my own for the first time, but booking through Euroventure made me feel so comfortable as they were so easy to contact if I needed anything. The whole trip was the best experience and I can't wait to do it all again!
Euroventure made our trip through Italy extremely relaxed as everything was planned out for us. I will definitely be using them again for future trips
The Euroventure trip me and my friends went on was amazing! Won't forget travelling Berlin, Prague, Vienna and Budapest, one of the best experiences of my life. The memories made will never be forgotten. The trip was extremely well planned and organised thanks to Euroventure! Would 200% recommend and have done to other people. Cant wait till the next one!!! 😎
Everything was clearly organised, communication was excellent and everyone was kept in the loop when things effected our travel. The customer service was friendly and easy to understand. The travel pack was clear and easy to follow.
My Euroventure trip was an incredible experience. I decided to go on a tour they offered exploring the Balkans and right from the off they tailor everything to your needs and aims for your trip, adjusting routes and locations to make sure my travels fit within the 3 weeks I had to go. On top of this I was a solo female traveller and they could not have done more to make me feel safer and prepared, sending out travel packs with everything I could possibly need to get by from exchange rates, to local taxi numbers and maps with Postcodes to my hostels. All of the hostels I was booked into were gorgeous and the perfect environment as a solo traveller due to being able to meet a number of other travellers whom I'm still good friends with now. And, as if being organised, helpful and offering up beautiful locations and accommodation they were also at the end of a phone or email whenever you might have needed them. Absolute superstars and well, I really had the time of my life.
Euroventure Travel Ltd 5 star review on 26th June 2018
EUROVENTURE made my trip much easier and simpler for me, it was very well organised and put together and they definitely go the extra mile with lovely touches such as the travel packs. I’ve used this company twice and had an amazing trip both times. All the hostel that were booked for us were fantastic and any staff I’ve liased with have been both professional and very kind. Huge thumbs up!
Euroventure Travel Ltd 5 star review on 26th June 2018
How organise and planned the company is allowed me and my friend to have the best and we’ll organised trip ever
I chose Euroventure because the idea of trying to sort trains, routes and accommodation alone was super daunting. Instead, I got a tailor-made guide, all my reservations, a copy of the timetable so I could pick departure times as they suited me, and checked in to some awesome hostels that I may not have even discovered alone. They made my two week 'whole hog' tour a dream, everything was sorted so all I had to do was enjoy my trip of a lifetime. I would (and frequently do) recommend Euroventure to friends, family and colleagues. Thanks Euroventure!
Euroventure Travel Ltd is rated 4.89 based on 581 reviews