Right Choice Reviews

of reviewers recommend Right Choice

Tell us how Right Choice made you happy
Phoned to cancel policy as no documents provided and was told this had happened only to get demands for money months later. Customer service is appalling and emails and staff rude and uncoperative. I was accused of lying and trying to get my insurance for free. Can't even begin to say how bad they are. Please please take note of the bad reviews and don't use them
Absolutely unprofessional:

Please do yourself a favour and never use their service in your life, you will regret it.
I’ve done a mistake and didn’t went with the bad reviews online I wanted to give them a chance because they were the cheapest option, but please save yourself the trouble and don’t do the same mistake.
Absolutely appalling organisation AVOID at all costs. I paid my annual fee, uploaded all requested documents then received a letter informing me that the insurance had been cancelled as i had not phoned a 'sales validation' number which is never answered.

DO NOT use this company- I am going to report them to the financial ombudsman and let GOCO know that they should drop their services
Like many others my policy was cancelled early- the same day it was due to start, as apparently I had failed validation (whatever that means? All information provided was correct). Fortunately I've recovered all of my money since, but I have no doubt that this firm deliberately engineer false reasons to cancel policies prematurely; ultimately profiting from cancellation fees and temporary insurance which is charged at extortionate costs.

I received a very vague email early morning on the day the policy began, stating that my policy had been cancelled as per the insurers request, although they were happy to provide 7 days of coverage. Also that I should 'call the office' for more information. One of the communications also carried an implied threat that my future policies would be impacted due to this policy being cancelled by the provider, and that I should call the office to 'discuss my options'.

Sensing that something was not right, I decided to ignore their attempts to get me on the phone and deal with the issue via email. (In the meantime I also purchased a proper policy (admiral) and determined to get a full refund from RCIB, as I had no confidence that they'd pay out if I had a bump)

Responses received to my emails were again vague, ignoring issues I raised, (such as 'how could I have failed validation when the welcome letter clearly states that customer services will need to contact me to do this' - they hadn't. And 'if validation had been supposedly failed before commencement, why hasn't I been informed in advance instead of them providing 7 days of insurance'.) Naturally they ignored my concerns instead trying to reinforce this idea that the cancellation way my fault due to me failing validation.

After a couple of further weak email responses from RCIB, where the objective was clearly to try to get me to call them, they flat out refused to respond to subsequent emails from me which demanded a response to my raised concerns.
This was a mistake on their part as failure to respond suggests an unwillingness to work towards a resolution.

I decided to leave it a month - according to the cancellation letter, a refund would be applied within 30 days, if one was due. I was interested to see how much one week's insurance was worth!
A month and a day after the policy ended I was refunded only about 2/3 the cost of the original policy. So 1 week temporary cover had cost me 1/3 of the original annual policy price! Or so they thought...

My card provider was very accommodating and sympathetic of my experience, especially after reviewing all of the email evidence I provided. As such it was easy to reverse the original transaction for the whole amount as part of a 'chargeback'.

If you've had a similar experience I would suggest contacting your bank or card provider and request a Chargeback for the full amount, under the basis of non-provision of goods/services.

I'd also urge you to report your experiences to the Financial Ombudsman

and Action Fraud :

Let's get this company shut down and held to account.
Very poor service expensive poor communication they like to take your money but if you have any car incidents they will take months to fix your car they will ripp you off im glad my insurance run out last year with them i will
Nevet insure again with this company and I would never recommend it to anyone
Price that was quoted was not originally what it was as they ask bunch of questions to catch you out and increase the premium.
I was on a phone call for more than 2 hours just to validate the policy and when the woman increased my premium because she said I would be driving more than what I stated because now apparently she knows how I drive.
Cancelled the insurance on the spot, they took my 150 pounds from my 324 pounds deposit and the money hasn’t even come back yet.
shocking service! can't get through on phone.
same problems as others
Absolute con artists! Insured my car on compare the market for a goid price, got a call 30 mins later saying there were some discrepancies. Insurance then more than doubled! I refused and said I’ll cancel, which then they said I would lose my deposit and have to pay £121 more! Told them where to go. One month later they just took £121 out my account. Absolute thieves with no morals. I’m more then happy to go to their building soon and give a few of the littke essex wide boy mugs a good hiding
RIP off don’t understand how this company is getting away with taking people’s money and not providing the service they need reporting avoid at all costs !!!!!!!
WORST COMPANY EVER, PLEASE AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY LOOK FOR EXTRA COSTS!!! I PROVIDED MY PROOF OF 3 YEARS NCB BUT THEY CAME BACK TO ME TO SAY YOU ONLY HAVE 2 AND REQUIRED ME TO PAY EXTRA FEES!! I CALLED TO DISPUTE THIS JUST FOR THEM TO TELL ME THAT I DIDN'T PUT THE RIGHT INFO IN MY ONLINE QUOTE FOR OTHER THINGS AND CHARGED ME MORE PREMIUMS!!!!!!!!!! BASICALLY THEY SAID "PAY US £159 EXTRA NOW OR CANCEL THE INSURANCE AND LOSE £245 IN CANCELLATION FEES", SCAMMERS!!!!!!!! AND STILL THEY COULDN'T SORT OUT THE ISSUE WITH THE NCB WHICH I HAD PROOF OF, SO I STILL NEED TO CALL THEM AGAIN TO GET MY NCB PROOF VALIDATED TO AVOID MORE FEES!!!!!! AVOID AT ALL COST, SAVE YOURSELF AND YOUR WALLET!!!!! BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE, NO APOLOGIES FOR MISTAKES MADE ON THEIR SIDE THEY MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE THE LIAR TO GET MORE £££ FROM YOU!!!!! I SHOULD HAVE GONE FOR THE HIGHER PRICED INSURER, THEY PUT ME UNDER SO MUCH STRESS THAT I'M GOING TO HAVE THE WORST CHRISTMAS EVER NOW WITH NO MONEY!!!
Like others, uploaded all correct documents, exact same details as given on go compare and yet still cancelled after 7 days with no reason given! Nightmare company makes GC look back the fact they're part of the scam
There should be a zero star to this company.
I purchased my car insurance then a month later I was told they are going to cancel it as I did not endorsed the requested documents which is to my surprised was something it was never requested to me before on my previous car insurance, also, they never did requested the documents until that day I received an email stating about the cancellation. I therefore, cancelled my insurance with them when they told me that my insurance premium will go up (double the price) if I continue to ensure with them.
I was only insured for only over a month which I paid the annual quote of £320 and I am only going to be refunded £60 due to some ridiculous fee that they applied. I’m still waiting for that refund to this day.
This is wrong and reading to all the complaints about this car insurance company it makes me wonder how could they get away with ripping people off just that easily? This is a con and a fraud, is there any way that can be done to this company. I’ll be up for it, I have all my supporting documents.
Absolute joke of a company. 1 hour minimum hold time. No communication between underwriters and insurers. Had an accident a week ago and car still not been looked at. No record of claim. Do not use this company simply as they are the cheapest. You will regret it
Scam company
AVOID THIS COMPANY!! I found a cheap quote on money supermarket and went ahead with buying insurance without checking the reviews. Once I seen the reviews, I was completely shocked and had to cancel the cover as soon as possible. Next day I tried to cancel the cover by contacting customer service (my policy didn’t start) and they kept on transferring me over to different departments. They kept messing about and taking my details then ending the call or transferring me to other departments who are unbale to cancel my policy. I had to call about 3 times to get to speak to someone about this. It seemed like they wanted me to be frustrated and to give up cancelling so my cover starts and they can charge me later. My policy didn’t even start and they still charged me cancellation fee. All I can advise to everyone, please do your research before buying your cover with them!! They are dodgy and my biggest regret is not checking the reviews before buying cover from them.
Within 24 hours and hours on a phone call they wanted extra £100 or a £100 to cancel. Please raise chargeback on this company as you have no other way with these fraudsters.
Awful! Not only will they breach FCA rules they’ll leave you with a broken car for weeks.

They increased my premium at renewal stage (half to be expected) but what they also did and failed to tell me about was to also increase the excess by £200!!!! My excess now sits at a ludicrous amount and after complaining about them failing to meet FCA transparency rules I’ve just been ignored! Off to FOS I go then!

I had an accident a few weeks ago and despite around 7 different companies calling me I’ve not had 1 update nor has anyone been in touch regarding repairs.

They’re just awful don’t go near them!
It's day light robbery with this company. Bought a new car and just wanted to transfer the insurance from the previous one. This cost an "admin fees" is £60 just to change. As if that's not enough they start bringing up other charges and yet the insurance told me I'm up to date.

The staff is so sharp and rude had to make a fuss just to speak to a manager and get some sort of help.
What a load of bullocks there a rip off, unnecessary extra costs falls from the sky, quote different from comparison site, incompetent staff.
Rude staff, unprofessional staff,dopey staff. If u wanna get ripped off there's the company for you. Good luck
Company will literally steal your money through "cancellation fees" and as soon as you take the policy on they will cancel it and use some bs reason for the cancellation. If you think about it, take % from each new customer who signs up through cancellation fees youll make a fortune...this is also called a SCAM!!!!!
Right Choice is rated 1.74 based on 358 reviews