The Co-operative Insurance Reviews

of reviewers recommend The Co-operative Insurance
Telephone, Email, Live Chat
Over A Week

Tell us how The Co-operative Insurance made you happy
Excellent Service. Would recommend to family and friends.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
I've been very pleased with the service I've had so far. I contacted them by telephone when I changed my car and everything was sorted out within 10 minutes.
These people without warning some 3 months later took £95 on my credit card
They said I had not declared some info so had the right to take this money.
Had 3 very heated arguments with them as they failed to provide proof that they had written to me about it.
To this day have NEVER provided that proof.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
They Need to clarify on thier website that if you change your car they will cancel your insurance and charge a large fee. Never will i take insurance with these again
I had a non fault accident in December 2019. Because I didn't take their courtesy car, they asked me to pay £150 excess when delivering my car after repair. I am still waiting for my refund. When calling them, it takes an hour or longer to get through to customer service. Bad service and would not advise anyone to get your car insured by Coop Eco insurance. It's better to pay a little higher than having so much of hassles.
Very impressed with the service of Co-op Car Insurance and (subject to renewal quote!) will use the company again.
However, their recommended repairers are not always nearby and if not using them a higher excess is levied. In my case, living in Brighton, their repairers were a good hours drive away.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
Not much I can say have not had eny communication since taking out the policy.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
Done exactly what is says...... professional, courteous and very clear on what cover is provided. No bull, just the facts exactly as I asked for. Highly recommended.
Very good
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
There very good & have knowledgeable service members
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 months ago
Text today to say my car insurance expired yesterday. No letter or email before today to remind me and no renewal price. Rang them - told could no offer renewal but could not explain why. No change to my details or the car. We’re happy to insure me and my car last year but not now. Have had to go elsewhere which has actually turned out a lot cheaper. Very poor service from Co-op
I was in a non fault accident and it took over a year for them to sort everything meaning when it come to my renewal because it hadn’t been determined as non fault yet I lost my years no claims until it was resolved making my premium higher. The engineers who fitted the black box broke my glove box which now is costing me to have repaired as I haven’t been able to get hold of anyone for 2 weeks now with the automated message telling me to call back later every time I’ve tried. I’m also paying more than double each month when another company is cheaper without a black box.
The claim is taking a long time to be resolved utvstiklnisnt resolved after morevtgan 2 months and I have had to pay the excess and am still waiting for an outcome to get my money refunded
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 months ago
I had a no fault claim in which there was no cost to me the other vehicle was at fault but very minor damage to my car, so it was no point in claiming off the other parties insurance. They where really good at keeping in touch with me plus ensuring me that everything would be taken care of by them. The service is excellent.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 months ago
The WORST insurance company I have ever used. They are willing and eager to take your premium but when you need to make a claim and are pointed to the t&C's and their incomprehensible interpretation of them and told 'you get what you pay for' by a smug belligerent advisor you know you have been mugged. Avoid at all costs.
Very good I only left as they don't insurance group 41 but was cheap on last policy will us again
N/A
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 months ago
The absolute worst insurance provider I have ever come across.
My wife insured her car with CIS, unfortunately had an accident & they messed up the claim.
Somehow they managed to keep on record contact details from an old out of date policy from over 19 years ago, which delayed our claim by weeks.
Surely these records should of been deleted under GDPR Laws!!
A good company as long as you never have to make a claim on your policy.
Since being with the co-op insurance I have had nothing but the best when I phone each month to pay my car insurance everyone as been polite and very professional in there manner and I would reccomend them to my friends.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 months ago
DO NOT USE. My car was hit whilst stationary and they disputed my claim and took me to court!!!!!! Fraudulent company please don't make the same mistake we did. Use another company please!
The Co-operative Insurance is rated 3.58 based on 586 reviews