The Co-operative Insurance Reviews

of reviewers recommend The Co-operative Insurance
Telephone, Email, Live Chat
Over A Week

Tell us how The Co-operative Insurance made you happy
After my claim for an accident was settled, they refused to insure me again.
Wouldn't use them again
Wouldn't use them again
(Car Insurance) - Posted 11 months ago
I have been a Co-operative Insurance customer for years. They always make things simple. Whenever I have a question or need to make a payment, they are quick to respond whether I communicate telephonically or through email. I also like that you can pay on line. If you miss a bill due to mail issues, you get a warning notice, they do not instantly drop you like most companies. I deal with their St. Albans office and they all are so sweet and helpful.
Excellent Service. Would recommend to family and friends.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 11 months ago
I've been very pleased with the service I've had so far. I contacted them by telephone when I changed my car and everything was sorted out within 10 minutes.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 11 months ago
These people without warning some 3 months later took £95 on my credit card They said I had not declared some info so had the right to take this money. Had 3 very heated arguments with them as they failed to provide proof that they had written to me about it. To this day have NEVER provided that proof.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 11 months ago
They Need to clarify on thier website that if you change your car they will cancel your insurance and charge a large fee. Never will i take insurance with these again
I had a non fault accident in December 2019. Because I didn't take their courtesy car, they asked me to pay £150 excess when delivering my car after repair. I am still waiting for my refund. When calling them, it takes an hour or longer to get through to customer service. Bad service and would not advise anyone to get your car insured by Coop Eco insurance. It's better to pay a little higher than having so much of hassles.
Very impressed with the service of Co-op Car Insurance and (subject to renewal quote!) will use the company again. However, their recommended repairers are not always nearby and if not using them a higher excess is levied. In my case, living in Brighton, their repairers were a good hours drive away.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 11 months ago
Not much I can say have not had eny communication since taking out the policy.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 11 months ago
Done exactly what is says...... professional, courteous and very clear on what cover is provided. No bull, just the facts exactly as I asked for. Highly recommended.
Very good
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
There very good & have knowledgeable service members
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
Text today to say my car insurance expired yesterday. No letter or email before today to remind me and no renewal price. Rang them - told could no offer renewal but could not explain why. No change to my details or the car. We’re happy to insure me and my car last year but not now. Have had to go elsewhere which has actually turned out a lot cheaper. Very poor service from Co-op
I was in a non fault accident and it took over a year for them to sort everything meaning when it come to my renewal because it hadn’t been determined as non fault yet I lost my years no claims until it was resolved making my premium higher. The engineers who fitted the black box broke my glove box which now is costing me to have repaired as I haven’t been able to get hold of anyone for 2 weeks now with the automated message telling me to call back later every time I’ve tried. I’m also paying more than double each month when another company is cheaper without a black box.
The claim is taking a long time to be resolved utvstiklnisnt resolved after morevtgan 2 months and I have had to pay the excess and am still waiting for an outcome to get my money refunded
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
I had a no fault claim in which there was no cost to me the other vehicle was at fault but very minor damage to my car, so it was no point in claiming off the other parties insurance. They where really good at keeping in touch with me plus ensuring me that everything would be taken care of by them. The service is excellent.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
The WORST insurance company I have ever used. They are willing and eager to take your premium but when you need to make a claim and are pointed to the t&C's and their incomprehensible interpretation of them and told 'you get what you pay for' by a smug belligerent advisor you know you have been mugged. Avoid at all costs.
Very good I only left as they don't insurance group 41 but was cheap on last policy will us again
The Co-operative Insurance is rated 3.58 based on 630 reviews