GoodSync Software Reviews

86% of reviewers recommend GoodSync Software

How would you rate GoodSync Software?

"really fast"
John Dickson
Verified Buyer
"I use GoodSync for quick backups of both my laptop and desktop computers whenever I've made a lot of changes to documents, spreadsheets, or photos. It is very convenient and speedy. One of my best software acquisitions!"
"his software is garbage. I have used GoodSync on and off for several years. Typically, it goes like this: * I find that I have a sync task. * I install the latest version of GoodSync, hoping that it has improved since my last attempt. * I encounter a bunch of intermittent errors. * I submit tickets through GoodSync's help system, and I receive prompt-but-generic-and-totally-unhelpful feedback. * I delete GoodSync and resort to another solution. Why do I keep going back to it? Because I paid for it, and I cling to the hope that they will eventually fix their software to the point where it's *minimally* effective. No dice. It remains as much garbage as it was when I purchased it. Just some of the errors I've encountered: * Locks up while attempting to sync to a folder. Just becomes totally unresponsive. The process needs to be killed, and often the machine rebooted, to recover from the lockup. * "Undefined Error: 0." Constantly. This is GoodSync's version of "An error occurred." Could be a million reasons. Don't bother emailing GoodSync customer support - they don't know and won't help you. * Sync jobs just fail, spontaneously, mid-sync. The sync is running perfectly, the volumes are both still available... aaaaaaaand it abruptly stops. * The network browser is overdesigned and overcomplicated. All you want do is to specify a URL, a username, and a password. Sometimes it accepts the settings. Sometimes it doesn't, it just uses the old settings, and then barfs out random error messages. I give up. They are never going to upgrade this software to minimal usability or competence. I have scoured all of my computer systems of this bloated trashware and deleted my registration information. Don't make the same mistake I did. Don't waste your time, and don't give this developer money. You will regret every dime and every moment you spend on this garbage software."
Hi David - thank you for reaching out. We're very sorry to hear of the frustration caused by these persisting issues and we certainly would like to work towards a sufficient resolution. As such, we have passed this information along to our Technical Support Manager for further review.
Update: We have escalated your support ticket and we have reached out in an attempt to resolve the issues listed in your feedback.
JEAN-LUC PERRIN
Verified Buyer
"it make my safety data easy"
Peter Powell
"it is a useful tool"
Christopher Mann
Verified Buyer
"Attention to detail. Reliability (no crashing). Providing a wealth of options that are detailed but not overly cumbersome to work with. I feel like I can trust my most important data with this tool. Keep up the great work!"
Christi Bamford
Verified Buyer
"I can't get access to the license I purchased. Tech support says that I have it installed on a computer somewhere and cannot put it on a different one. I haven't changed computers, and all three of my computers (2 laptops, 1 desktop) give me the error that another computer has the license. Tech support is not helpful. Product was not intuitive when I installed it. I fought with it for a few hours to get it to work, and then went through the same thing a few months later when I tried to use it again. Now I have spent the afternoon only to find that my license is (for whatever reason) unusable. I just downloaded AllwaySync (for free) and hope it will meet my needs."
Hi Christi - we are very sorry to hear of the frustration you've felt and we certainly want to help you place your license on the proper machine. We have escalated your existing support ticket to our Technical Support Manager, so the issue can be addressed ASAP.
Jamie McCormack
Verified Buyer
"GoodSync is easy to learn to use and is very reliable. I particularly like being able to easily backup files to my cloud services. GoodSync is an excellent product and well worth the money."
DAVE BLYTHE
Verified Buyer
"Native file syncs my 2 home PC to my NAS. Easy to set up once you get the hang of it. Easy to check it actually works. Flexible options - all in all a good buy."
"I have used GoodSync for more than 7 years for synchronization, backups and sneaker-ware. It has saved me time in organization, synchronization, backup and search."
"New to Goodsync. Impressed at the speed it copied 120gb to backup drive. Further impressed with its ability to simply deal with changes when updating backup. Like that it does not compress backups. So far have found it an easy programme to work with, good clear interface and uncomplicated. Good value for money but Siber might do well to offer RoboForm subscribers a discount and vise versa"
"Friendly GUI, good performance and easy to manage."
Guido Agapito
Verified Buyer
"New version 10 (MAC OS) is worst than the previous one. Icons in the top bar are not costumizable and jobs on the left bar are not sortable."
Hi Guido - thank you for taking the time to reach out. If you haven't already, if you can please submit this information via an online support ticket, our technical team will address any potential issues, and if none exist, we will forward your feedback along to our developers for their review. www.goodsyn.com/support.
"Effective synchonisation software. Great features:- -can decide on whether you want to synchonise or do backup, -show proposed changes before executing -the whole process appears to be managed with precision and speed. Indeed I am pleasantly surprised how fast it can process a large database of files. -interface appears quite user friendly"
Bogdan Furtek
Verified Buyer
"odpowiednio zabezpiecza moje dane"
"very efficient transfer and sync"
Paul Margolin
Verified Buyer
"Great product and I have bought 6 licences to date but ...but I found the support not so good You can't actually talk to anyone and seeing the product is very technical I need to speak to someone to help me with a few issues I have at present"
Donald J Henderson
Verified Buyer
"I just downloaded your software. It's wonderful. It works just as it should. Why was I messing with Acronis, it sucks!"
John Reinholt
Verified Buyer
"I have an accessible back up of my files."
Richard Dangler
Verified Buyer
"I have used GoodSync for years and love it. Ver 9 was easier to use, but I eventually will get use to more powerful Ver 10. Fining instructs in Manual difficult to search. Lastest problem was a Job where I wanted to change the right folder to another save name. Count not find any info on that. I deleted everything and created three new jobs each saved to a separate folder. What I like is that the Backup has the same file name. Windows, Passport and others create a garbled code that takes hours to find the needed file. Great work."
GoodSync Software is rated 4.41 based on 253 reviews