Groupon Reviews

36% of reviewers recommend Groupon
11AM
11AM
Click Here

Tell us how Groupon made you happy

Over 7 Days
refunds process
Difficult
returns process
Could Be Better
"Item never arrived and Groupon refused to refund. Avoid!"
Are you Groupon? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"What the heck, Groupon?! We went to print our tickets for tonight's Pentatonix concert only to find out they were refunded. We did not request a refund for these. We did request a refund for a different Groupon, which you have yet to process. Extremely disappointed and frustrated, plus some unhappy kids who were looking forward to the concert."
"Disappointing bought dishwashing tablet which turned out to be cheaper to buy in the shop. This was a good deal lat time I put purchased but sadly not this time. Lesson learned more research before buying could be much cheaper elsewhere."
"My friends and I tried to buy tickets for a dinner cruise at the same time. I was the only one able to get our first choice timeslot which became unavailable immediately for my friends. Even though later spots were available GroupON refused to change my ticket time or give a refund because there was 'no cooling off period' on the ticket. They said I could transfer to friend or family member - Saturday night dinner for one anybody?"
"Extremely poor customer service. Incorrect order received. I have made contact by phone, email, twitter - continually told 'we will get back to you in 7 days'. It's been 3 weeks already! Very quick to take £500 from me, not so obliging to help me out with their poor service. Last time I will be purchasing from them. If you are considering spending a large amount of money - I wouldn't!"
"Absolute joke, they sold me groupons to stores that were closing that week. F’ing A’holes."
"Terrible Customer Service. Chat line with Maria Camila R and she basically lied to me concerning the refund policy. If Voucher expires, normally 1 year the value is only what you pay for it. If merchant refuses to honor (out of business,etc) they will refund initial amount. She said no if voucher expires you cannot receive a refund but I am looking at my Voucher as she is chatting and it was not what she was typing. These guys give legitimate online sellers a bad reputation. Stay away...stay far away."
"Mover Masters applied my entire Groupon to the "travel time" cost. Then while moving me in Mitch and his two young boys damaged my front door with the freezer and my new driveway by driving off the side. After finishing the job as they were leaving, Mitch hit the corner of my roof with the back of his truck, then damaged the sidewalk by backing into it. I witnessed the whole thing and then watched in amazement as he simply drove away!! Even tho his office assured me he would be right back to access the damage, he never returned, making this a criminal hit and run. Move Masters has yet to repair my property!"
"AVOID AT ALL COST! Customer service is appalling they fail to send a complete order and the nerve when you contact them they offer you a partial refund in groupon credit, or you can pay full price again and hope for the best in the meantime return the incomplete order and wait 14 days to get your money back for the first order!"
"The customer service is deplorable! I have been trying to get in touch with someone for the last hour and the website just loops around and doesn't offer a way to communicate with anyone at Groupon. Then I called the marketing number and he was rude and kept on saying that he couldn't help me at all. The situation is I purchased a Groupon and the business told me that they dont service my area and they have been trying to get this changed with Groupon and they continue to not update this information. Wow such terrible customer service all around. You just lost a valuable customer!"
"Not time sensitive when it comes to shipping items for their customers. And very impossible to speak to customer representative"
"I was given a groupon code over the phone that has not worked. I have been online chatting all day and have spk to 9 people including 5 "supervisors" without a resolution! Each time I am disconnected when they say I have been idle for 2 min (which I havent) and then I get kicked off! Not to mention the fact that we have to use chat to communicate our issues when we are already frustrated is RIDICULOUS!! Groupon customer service used to be great. Now its horrible!"
"Accidentally booked an overnight stay by pressing wrong button , tried everything to get cancellation with merchant and groupon . Merchant has tried to resolve but groupon not having it , putting up more obstacles every time I think I may have a resolution ."
"The idea of a lot of people pitching in to get a discount is good, but Groupon is so shady it's not worth it. They have no moral compass and will hide hidden fees into their fine print. Then not allow refunds after you find the hidden fees. Products will be broke and they won't return it. The local deals are merchants that don't want to use them and make you feel awkward. It's just a bunch of junk just to try save a couple bucks. My overall feeling is the company itself is ran by scammers."
"As of recent, Groupon has more savings if you pay a monthly membership fee. My experience now is if you are not a member they discount you as a purchaser. I placed an order as I have many times in the past with no issues, only this time, my voucher never came. I kept getting a be patient coffee spill issue to be resolved. After time, I did a live chat. I was told issue going to be corrected with discount. Neither ever happened. Again another live chat with gentlemen who never read my actual messages with being too busy trying sell me membership. Asking questions already answered several times. Same promises that yet again never fulfilled. It's a shame service is now so poor for a none member who has brought them so many clients."
"Misleading sales, do not sponsor this business."
"I was not aware that this site had a bad reputation on customer service. I guess is ok to purchase discount services, but is not a good idea to buy goods from here. I purchased a Big Boss 16qt Oil-less Air Fryer and it was defective out the box, I thought i could just call and get a replacement, but was never able to get anyone on the phone and not even the live chat. I decided to just return the item and now I'll have to wait god knows how log to get my money back. Don't buy goods, they don't care about you as a customer!!"
"You dont deliver to all of mainland Britain, shame on you."
"Paid for the restaurant, only to arrive and the restaurant was closed - absolutely disgraceful as it was a birthday treat"
"Delivery charge only £1.99. Vary fast deliver."
Groupon is rated 2.47 based on 689 reviews