Harrisons Carpet & Flooring Reviews

Over 7 Days
2 - 3 Hours
Read Harrisons Carpet & Flooring Reviews

Tell us how Harrisons Carpet & Flooring made you happy
See our comments on your survey.
Sales person needs to perform better. Lack of communication was evident between sales person and carpet installer. What was promised on quote by sales rep was not fully conveyed to the installer. As a result I had to call up the office to get things sorted after an incomplete initial installation on the first day. Installation was completed two days later. However, interestingly the sales rep did not hesitate to charge me for the whole amount on the first day itself - in spite of being asked in writing not to do so till the job is completed. There was in fact a demand for more money from the sales rep to complete the job. This was of course not accepted as contract showed what all jobs were needed to be done. Shows strong inclination to get money from customer without actually first ensuring that the job has been completed to satisfaction, and as promised at the time of sealing a contract. Overall a very bad customer service experience. I am sure there are other better options available out there.
We apologies for the delays that you have experienced and the miscommunication. After speaking to you yesterday, we understand that you are now happy with the completed job and are able to enjoy your carpet. Regards Harrisons Customer Care
Carpet was damaged by water in transit. Delayed installation and inadequate updates provided to us regarding an ETA. We had moved our furniture around only to be told it was further delayed. If it weren't for the excellent installers we would rate the experience 1 star. Will never use Harrison's again. Pitiful.
Hi Janet, thank you for your feedback. We apologise for the lack of communication and delay during the install process. We have investigated and there has been some operational changes that the franchise owner has put in place that should help the situation in future. Kind regards Harrisons Customer Care team
One of 2 toilets was not put back in working order when new vinyl was laid. There was no sign to indicate which toilet that was not in working order. The pipe from the cistern to the bowl was only loosely connected, but nothing looked out of place. When flushed, the contents of the cistern flooded the floor. When Harrisons were advised of this, there was a sympathetic hearing but we were told it is not Harrisons' responsibility to re-fit toilets after the flooring is laid. That policy is simply ridiculous, unhelpful and puts the customer to extra expense for no good reason. Harrisons should ensure they put things back in working order and how they found the property. We should not have had to get a plumber in for that. I have used Harrisons 3 times over the years and not struck this attitude/policy before. It has really put me off using Harrisons again.
Thank you for your feedback and our apologies for the inconvenience. We have spoken to the franchisee, who we understand has been in touch and apologised for the miscommunication that resulted in this outcome. The vinyl layer uplifted the toilet to ensure the best flooring outcome and unfortunately the plumbing was disturbed and he assumed that the tenant would check this before using. It is often a requirement for a plumber to be brought in after install to reconnect services however we try our very best to assist in these cases. Regards, Harrisons Customer Care.
On January 11th / 12th 2017 Palazzo 540 carpet was installed in our house. We bought the carpet through Jeff Burson. Since the beginning we have had several problems. They had to come back to put more tape under a joint in the bedroom because it split. We were told that we have to keep the curtains in the bedroom closed when the sun is coming in. We cannot undertand why there is a joint at the side of the bedroom where the sun comes in. We like to have fresh air coming in. There was also a problem in a corner of that bedroom and they had to change the carpet there. In the lounge there are two joints with tape underneath that really stand out. We have been told that that will disappear over time.... ?? To cut a long story short : we are not very impressed and we would appreciate it if an expert from your company could come to have a look and give his judgement. Looking forward to your reply, Regards, John and Gees Tinholt, phone 06 8775826.
Wrong colour carpet laid and short for a room so had to wait another two weeks for arrival and laying.
I placed an enquiry about a major problem with the cut of the carpet in my lounge area . I did get a response but when i questioned it further I have not had a reply. Shame on you Harrisons......................I have always recommendedyou with full confidence but will no longer do that.
The carpet layers did not arrive on the agreed date - even though I had phoned to confirm a couple of days prior to the agreed date. This cost me money. Although I was given some compensation (because I demanded it), the error was very stressful. We had a very tight timeline for the renovation and everything had been worked out - all this was thrown in the air by Harrison carpet's failure.
Carpet laying near the hot water cupboard was not properly stretched and attached to the floor. It is not firm fitting and difficult to vacuum as the suction pulls the carpet up.
Nicki was good to deal with in our first dealings with Harrisons but once we started having issues with the Vynal it all went down hill from there. I won't recommend these franchisees to anyone, especially after finding out this isn't the first time with them being involved with an issue with someone else I know and they were also left with a soar taste from there dealings.
Colour change in one room where carpet was joined. Cavalier Bremworth rep assured me that it was because I am a one person household and would improve when it had been walked on and the fact that room had a lot of light in meant that it looked different. I accept that the carpet was all off the same roll but it is disappointing that the change remains obvious to me. One room in particular has the problem but my living room also looks different from a join which runs right across the room 1050mm from the ranch slider which is my main entrance.
Harrisons Carpet & Flooring is rated 4.70 based on 3,256 reviews