Hedgehog Insurance Reviews

of reviewers recommend Hedgehog Insurance
Live Chat, Email, Telephone
Read Hedgehog Insurance Reviews

About Hedgehog Insurance:

We are an exclusively-online car insurance company. As a modern provider of car insurance, we use the very latest data to give you the most competitive price. We strive to make our website as convenient and easy to use as possible.

Very poor customer support for potential claim. Spent total of 45 minutes on the phone - 20 mins on hold, then ages repeating a huge amount of info that was already given at policy purchase time. Only to be told outright incorrect information about how/if the claim could be pursued. Resulting in the operator telling me "as you don't want to pursue a claim we'll mark this as info only". The opposite of what I was trying to achieve!
I had an accident and my car has now been sitting for over a week with no indication of what is happening. My car is currently sitting with the recovery company who picked the car up after the accident. Hedgehog say that they do not deal with the recovery company as they are a 3rd party company and the 3rd party company say there is no garage willing to take the car. I have a coutesy car as part of my policy but only until the end of the month which is fast approaching and there has been no progress with my car. I have phoned every day to be told there is nothing that can be done and yesterday was told a manger would call me back by the end of the day which did not happen. I have never experienced this type of service with an insurance company before.
Hello Lindsay, we appreciate your frustration if you were not sure what the progress was. We have taken this on board and we will be working on how to prevent this again. I know the service team have been in touch to discuss further. Thank you for this invaluable feedback. Regards, The Hedgehog Team
Conmen and fraudsters
After leaving a 1 star review following an issue with the website stating my insurance quote I obtained from Money Super Market could not be honored, the customer service team emailed me a link to my quote within minutes, in which I was able to process. Thank you for picking this up so quickly. It was very efficient and provides confidence that even though we can't talk, you are there monitoring activity to ensure customers have what they require to proceed without too much hassle.
I can’t verify my email. It keeps saying not verified when the correct email is being sent.
Good but can not find a phone number
Does anybody know the contact number for this company it’s seems bizarre that there’s nothing on their website, can anybody help me I would really appreciate that
It was good.
Very good service
It was simple and easy to use
Easy to sort.. bang on.. thankyou..
Great service
Straight forward, easy to navigate from comparison site.
Very helpful and quick
Quoted a low price then I hit triple the price
Service was average. Unhappy that my quote jumped up by £95 after I changed my policy start date. In these dark times with Covid19 it appears that everyone including yourselves are after a quick buck. Typical company underhand tactics
The site was easy to navigate and the whole process was quick and successful
Great service ‘ quick and easy to complete ‘ they even found out my no claims discount so I didn’t have to chase for it ‘ brilliant
I received a quote a few days ago with the exactly same details and start date. Yet when I purchased my insurance today it was £135 more than the actual quote.
Very bad experience dealing with the one claim I have had so far (took over 1 year to resolve). Now you have managed to duplicate so I have 2 car insurance policies for the same car! To top it off, when you have made a mistake you make it impossible to phone anyone to revolve it and your online chat - well, it it even manned by a human being? If so at what times/days of the week? You need to make it clear as I wasted a lot of time trying to get through to a human on Saturday after you debited in full for a 2nd policy for the same car. Deeply regret not paying a few quid extra now for another provider!
Hedgehog Insurance is rated 4.67 based on 3,301 reviews