hermes.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend hermes.co.uk

Tell us how hermes.co.uk made you happy
Booked on Sunday for collection Monday. Nobody turned up. Tracking said an attempt to collect was made. That's a lie. Tuesday tracking said the collection was made. That was a lie too. After a complaint the parcel was collected on Wednesday and now the tracking says not collected no longer required.

Useless company. Pay a bit extra and get a real courier service. This lot are a shambles.
Always deliver exactly when they say and always stick to instructions
Liars
My heart sank when Amazon said Hermes were delivering my parcel. What I immediately predicted has happened (because it happens all the time with Hermes). They pretend its on its way and then at the last minute lie and say they attempted delivery. They didn't. There is no card saying they tried and I have been in waiting for it. They say in their email "They will have left a card to tell you when their next attempt will be"...Er no they didnt because you are lying. It was never attempted presumably because you dont have enough parcels nearby to bother? This company lies and is an utter disgrace. I would not have placed the order had I known they were the courier.
Just read a review and sounds like similar experiences to myself and had to add my two stars. Don’t have to many issues with items being collected or delivered unless it’s something I have sent which has been lost or damaged and both of these have happened to me in last few weeks. So the biggest gripe is how do you deal with that and how difficult it’s made for you to claim as the so called customer service is just appalling or question does it exist. The so called help pages tell you nothing and the online chat system affectionate known as HOLLY a is about as useful as a turd or maybe a turd is more helpful. This pathetic system can only reply to certain questions and is unable to tell you why a parcel is 5 days overdue or why some idiot has dropped it or what you have to do to get the insurance that you have paid for. From here it’s a min 45 minutes wait or longer on the telephone where if your lucky a person who understands your frustration will help you but don’t hold your breath. So I am waiting for an insurance payment and been told it’s 28 days to process and would question why it takes so long especially when you have paid for it and had to pay back the person who’s parcel was dropped. So few days to go for the insurance to be paid and if no money strait to trading standards and small claims court as have no intentions of calling them or chasing this up any further. Back to parcelforce for me who might be more expensive but much more professional.
Very reliable, very prompt, never lost a parcel great company. 100 percent recommend this company.
Parcel originally due for delivery today, Saturday 15/8 between 12:00 -16:00. Second message said changed to 11:00-14:00, followed by a message saying delivery attempted but we weren’t in. Our car is in the drive and we have not been out.

Tried online contact - useless. They could not recognise the order no. Asked if I wanted a phone call I should provide a no., So I did, then it said if I wanted a phone call....again and again. I provided a no. twice. Nobody rang.

Companies need to ditch Hermes. They are useless.

On previous occasions they have told us the driver could not access our property, did they need an access code for the gate? Our gate opens by turning the handle. Prior to that they delivered something through our letterbox, showing a pic of the letterbox, not ours. One hour later it was delivered to us, too large to go through letterbox.

Their couriers tell lies to excuse non-delivery.

Someone had better call me on Monday, or I’ll be sitting in the drive ready to give them a piece of my mind and to ask where there local office is so I can pay them a visit.
I asked Hermes to deliver my parcel to my neighbour, which they confirmed by email. But the courier, on finding us to be out, just threw it over our garden gate and left it in the rain. The package contained my wife’s new spectacles from Vision Express. It is impossible to contact Hermes other than via their digital assistant (Holly) which is an absolute joke. Vision Express need to review their partnership with this awful company. Their couriers are on zero hours contracts with unrealistic targets to meet.
For the last 6 years, they are continually lying and thieving the products. 2016 I watched the driver get out the car with only a "missed delivery" card, without attempting the delivery after the 3rd day of not even trying to buzz the door, it was only from myself shouting at them to get the parcel that I received it.

Today, 14th August 2020, I sat and waited at my office desk, knowing what Hermes are like, they were already 15 minutes passed the window, but at 8:14, they claimed they delivered my package, not one person came to the door, but a screenshot of the GPS apparently exonerates the driver of any wrong doing.
They never left the car, I've had 4 deliveries tonight, and only Hermes would consider recruiting liars and potentially parcel thieves. I strongly ask anyone here to please find any other delivery supplier, as Hermes will only reflect badly on yourselves.
I'm only giving the star to my courier who's a wonderful chap! He is wasted with this company!
I'm still spitting fire I'm so outraged. I sold my 6 year old sons electric scooter (brand new) brought the wrong one and left too late to get refund so sold it to someone in Birmingham and this was July 3rd the scooter made it all the way up to Birmingham only to go "MISSING" that day what a coincidence!!!!!!! 3 weeks I still haven't had an apology and the phone number has blocked me from getting through!!!! I messaged on facebook, Twitter,their website and rang copius amounts of times but was IGNORED!!! Disgusting vile pigs i have had tears over this as they aren't even compensating and they are liable for it going missing so the funds from the sale were refunded to buyer and my son has to now wait to get another one as we dont have trees that grow money. They paid me back the £10.82 postage its a complete insult. Do not choose this company even with insurance you will have a fight getting compensation
Horrible. Vile .Parcel gone .Picked up from my friends house .Stolen .All wrapped up and labelled appropriately .You would have to be off your head to use parcel2go/hermes .I will be doing a full you tube documentary about the whole disgusting experience .
Easy tracking, quick delivery and plenty of updates to keep you posted.
Always a 10/10 service from the couriers too.
well, expected and paid £7.99 for next day delivery on July3 saturday now is Saturday July 11 I have tried to contact herpes via line chat only reponce call back tomorrow well next stop I think is trading standard. let hope the can help.
Had parcel for a week still not delivered?
In my experience Hermes are not really a parcel delivery company, this year alone I have had four failed deliveries which were returned to the merchant using either "no access" or " incomplete address" as an excuse, despite the correct address and straightforward access being provided. My house has a name rather than a number and it is about 200m from the centre of the postcode, which together makes it too difficult for Hermes to find. The sad thing is that the only way to resolve the problem is to get cross with the merchant, whose only fault is to employ such a poor company. Please, if you are a merchant consider using a different delivery company.
Dear Complaint team,

Hermes is refusing to address my original complaint as below and is creating a subject I have not raised.

The issue I am awaiting a response for is:
Dear Sir / Madam,

I am writing to you to raise an issue about: Delivery

The issue that I have experienced was: Dear sirs

The above parcel has been wrongly post coded. It should be S66 2TW not S66 1UQ

Unfortunately this is due to an error by the sender.

And some jobsworth at Hermes is playing the copy and paste game, little wonder Joe Lycet exposed their lack of professionalism.

Yours faithfully

Robert Foulds
101a Bawtry Road
Bramley
S66 2TW
Goods I ordered from Sports Direct never arrived. Trying to get in touch with either Hermes or Sports Direct is nigh on impossible. Having looked into Hermes on social media, the amount of people who have trouble with this company is truly staggering. An absolute JOKE of an outfit. I will never again order from a retailer that uses them. Its just not worth the risk.
Hermes - courier experience dreadful, again. Unable to order from any retailer that uses them.
They are poor.
2 deliveries = 2 missing or lost or stolen parcels. These then had to be replaced by original supplier and added weeks to the delivery of item that were on two day orders.
Our parcel was collected by Hermes and never seen again. Investigation dragged on for weeks. We were lied to by a member of customer services who claimed it was in the system and gave us a fictitious delivery date - turned out it was stolen by the courier who collected it. Avoid this company
I recently got a parcel delivered by Hermes uk on it website it ask's where you want your safe place to be when your parcel is to be delivered mine was not left in it's safe place instead it was just flung in my brown bin.

I requested my safe to be with my Neibrough or my blue bin instead it was flung in my brown one and it took me and my Neirbrough ages to find.

I find this not exspitible has l could have put my brown bin to be emptied and lost the parcel and not knew it was in it if l had not had help from my Neibrough to find it.

I tried to phone Hermes but just got no answer each time l tried to phone them. The website to Email them is useless it gives you Email address to go to the top man also useless.

The Courier was did not do his job right so it makes you wonder how many more Courier's are not doing there job right.
Very unhappy with this company
hermes.co.uk is rated 1.52 based on 73 reviews