JCPenney Reviews

79% of reviewers recommend JCPenney
11PM
11PM

Tell us how JCPenney made you happy

Telephone
"Don't mind shopping in the store but the online shopping experience is horrible. I placed my order and it was indicated that the order would be in within 14 day at the most - well that never happened. When I called Customer Service they said part of the order was in and they were waiting for the entire order to come in before letting me know. I could have easily picked up the part of the order that came in and waited for the rest. Another time I placed an order and they never let me know the order had come in, after numerous calls they told me that because I had not come in to pick it up my merchandise was placed out on the floor. When JC Penney goes out of business it won't surprise me one bit."
Are you JCPenney? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback JCPenney receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"The sales members were very helpful. We were looking for specific accessories for our wedding (shoes, neck ties, etc.) and they were helpful finding good colors and styles we liked!"
"Beautiful shoes for only 45 dollars !! also like their watches, and quick shipping."
"Their clothes are just right for my job, their deals are top notch. Cań not really beat the deals they have!"
"JCPenney Online is SHADY!! Made online purchase for 6 items and paid “TOTAL” amount with debit card. Received authorization &confirmation via email of not and that item may ship separately. However no where in the fine print did they say that they charge separately. MY DEBIT CARD WAS CHARGED SIX TIMES OVER A WEEK!!!!!!!!!!"
"I am absolutely appalled with the bad customer service I just received. I just wanted to place an order. Your reps were blaming my pay pal and vice versa. I waited on the phone for 45 minutes for you to hang up on me!!! I am very disappointed as I really wanted the items I ordered in the first place. Long story short, my order was cancelled and I tried to resubmit and was unable to do so because it said it was pending. Pending?! You could not even find what was wrong with my order and why it was showing it was processing. Not to mention my rewards points that were on this "cancelled order" are gone and I can't use them to place another order even if I wanted to! Had the nerve to tell me "there isn't we can do for you" That is not great customer service! This is ridiculous and it's been an over all crappy experience. I expected more from you JCPenney!!! If there was half a star I would definitely give you one of those!! I hope you find a way to make this bad experience right."
"JC Penny Photo Studio did a wonderful Job. The Photographer, Amy did an outstanding job commemorating my husband and I 18th Wedding Anniversary. We love our photos."
"So many choice when it came to picking a summer/cocktail dress! Pricing was good and quality of the dresses were great!"
"Good customer service! Just like you guy's I'm sure☺"
"Excellent sports bra at a great price"
"They were very helpful in helping my husband order a suit coat because they didn't have his size."
"I was trying to order a pair of shoes this fall, on the JCPenney website, using a really good discount code. It wouldn't apply properly so I contacted them via the online chat. They had a customer service agent call me, and place my order over the phone with discount and extra free shipping (my order would not have otherwise qualified). It was just a really great experience, all for a highly discounted item. Though I have not been a huge department store shopper the last few years, it made me definitely want to check them out and do more business with them."
"They sent the wrong items. And then to return these wrong items took me over an hour on the phone to get a simple return shipping label. Most retailers I could have accomplished that in a few clicks on their website but JCPenney has no online returns processing, no online customer service chat... not even an email address. Only a snail mail address and an understaffed telephone number. Dinosaur company that deserves to die. I will buy elsewhere in the future."
"Great Sale"
"They had the merchandise I wanted in the size I wanted. Very good service."
"The speed in filling my order and having what I wanted on hand."
"Ordered cellular shades. Package arrived in good condition. Delivery was easy to track and fast. Extremely happy with the quality and the blackout function"
"JC Penney has come a long way in the past 2-3 years. I am very happy with the Quality and their sales are incredible."
"I purchased a set of Circulon Cookware from JC Penny. It was delivered promptly and in excellent condition. I had looked several other places and only they had the color and style I wanted and they were even on sale. Great place to do business."
JCPenney is rated 3.95 based on 19 reviews