Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories Reviews

Own Driver, Courier
Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Read Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories Reviews

About Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories:

Established in the Blue Ridge foothills of North Carolina in 1963, Leonard Buildings and Truck Accessories is a privately owned retailer, manufacturer and distributor whose product lines include storage buildings, cargo and utility trailers, truck covers and accessories, carports, playhouses, pet and animal structures, gazebos, and outdoor furniture. We serve our residential, commercial and government customers through our 59 factory outlet stores in the five-state region of North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia and Tennessee.

Seventy percent of our business last year resulted from repeat customers and referrals mostly of which were from family member to family member. We hear a lot of this: "I am here because when I was growing up my grandfather had a Leonard building in his backyard . . ." We take pride in serving and taking care of folks as if they were our family.

Over the years, our company's focus on quality, craftsmanship and customer service has allowed each of our company-owned stores to be integrated partners in their local communities. We encourage employees to look for ways to make a difference around town and to help out worthy causes.

630 W. Independence BlvdSuite 3Mount Airy, NC 27030

Tell us how Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories made you happy
Honest and very professional people on the Leonard team. And my huge thanks to K.B for the professional he is and his entire team. I am very happy to have left Florida to buy my 6x12 dump trailer, it was worth my almost 8h trip from Florida to Columbia S.C to buy my dump trailer at Leonard. I really appreciate it:)!
Ben at Little River site did a very good job on the phone and in person when I ordered a rack. The rack came in 2 days as expected and Ben had the assembly completed and put the rack on my rig. Thanks Ben
Great quality, Friendly Staff.. Installation was timely, However I did need to come back the next day for adjustments.
I am very pleased with my utility trailer purchased 03.16.21. Everyone from the manager to the staff were very courteous and helpful, they explained to me the warranty, the registration process with DMV, warranty, maintenance and also the safe handling and the proper way to hook up the trailer.. The whole purchase experience was hazzle free, I drove my trailer home in less than one hour. Thank you to all the staff at Leonard, Manassas?
Because of recent injuries, I’m unable to climb ladders etc. Hence Leonard was recommended for sheds. My wife and I went to see these sheds, and decided to purchase a basic “12’x14’ shed”. I then had a 13’x20’ concrete pad installed. Being out of town, my wife informed me of the delivery of the shed. She took a few pictures for me. Immediately I knew it wasn’t the size ordered. Measuring it verified my instincts. It’s actually a 11’7”x 13’7”. It was explained to me that the measurements are actually from eave to eave (???) NOT side to side, front to back. If the salesperson was honest from the very start, I most likely would’ve purchased a little larger one. So, I open the shed door, only to notice a leaking roof. I also noticed that there wasn’t a drip edge, or tar paper. It was NEVER explained to us that these were “additional items”. Leonard sent a rep out to inspect the discrepancies, and concurred with Me. Leonard sent out a gentleman who reroofed the shed correctly. The issue with the size was blamed on the SCDOT regs for transporting (???). In all, Leonard sheds; nice. Customer service, good. Their repair guy, excellent. Sales/Salesmanship, very poor/very deceptive. Kind of hard to digest shelling out +$6k for a basic shed, only to realize that the salesperson wasn’t being honest and upfront from the very beginning.
Blair worked with us in designing our building/garage. He had great ideas and suggestions. The installation crew did a great job and didn’t leave a big mess behind. We love how our color choices were able to blend right in with our home. This is a high quality building that doesn’t just look like a random add on.
Charles Goings was professional, accurate, and precise, in placing our new shed in a very tight space. We couldn't be happier with our shed, and especially with Charles Goings and his skillful handling of our shed.
Outstanding salesman that went out of his way to show me the options for my Tundra. The installers were great as well. After the shell and bedrug were installed they went over the products with me. Outstanding Job Wilmington Leonard!
I bought your tray liner and one of your tech installed it on my F 250 the job was not well done. I have intention of install a tray cap on it but the gaps that was cut off the liner guarantee it would leak.
Great Customer Service! I purchased a bed cover and it leaked. I contacted our local distributer in Wilmington, NC and they contacted the manufacturer, which agreed to give me a 100% refund. I purchased a different still bed cover and it is perfect. Thanks so much for your outstanding customer service.
Ordered a bull bar in early January and didn't get installed until mid February. Plenty of excuses though - on back order, ordered the wrong brackets, ordered the wrong lights. Told me they would call me when the lights came in.. been two weeks and not a single phone call. I've already ordered the lights from another vendor and have put them in myself. Thought I would give some work to a local business but won't be using Leonard for anything else. Their lack of customer service and ability to order the correct parts is very disappointing.
I am happy to say everything about our trailer purchase went without a hitch (pun intended). Josh Blaylock was fantastic. He took the time to stand out in the rain with us and explain everything to make sure we knew all about our new trailer. He made sure everything was connected properly and we were comfortable with everything before we left. High quality trailers, good prices and great customer service!
I brought my building in 2015 and have had a leak around the roll up door you all have come by and try to fix with no good results now it leaks all the time on both sides I have had things get wet on both sides inside I have noticed you change the design of them I am really tiered of this problem and most of the time you get a runaround with everyone
Bought a Diamondback SE Tonneau cover from Leonard and had them install it. Great priced on the cover (which I love) and a great job on the install. Attention to detail, excellent work on the Ford Rangers known leaky areas. This cover and install has let us transport our luggage across States, particularly a trip through a monsoon going to Williamsburg VA Christmas 2020. Absolutely bone dry on arrival, and bone dry every time I open it. My father was a Leonard man, and so am I! Thanks to the folks at the Bragg Blvd location in Fayetteville NC! Great service from all!
12' tandem axle utility trailer: Good body and axles, terrible wiring. Pulls really nice and straight behind the truck. Doesn't bounce too badly. Brakes work well enough, but have to turn the gain control way way down when trailer is empty, otherwise locks up. But the wiring is pathetic, run inside the trailer bed with open connections and exposed wiring. Leonard dealer wouldn't fix it because they said it was my loading that rubbed the wires, not the fact they had exposed wires running through the mesh inside the trailer where the cargo goes. The cheap connectors they use leave wires exposed to elements and the ground at the battery brake controller almost fell out of the connector. (I have pictures but there's no upload button) Rewired it myself with wires (that I had to buy from Leonard) running under the trailer. It's fine now but the factory engineering there is a pretty big fault.
Had spray liner put in my new truck. It looked like it came from the factory with the liner already in it. Professional team and kept me informed through the whole process. Highly recommend the High Point NC location.
John at the Kannapolis location, the service was excellent along with communication. The communication was key since I'm not local and the situation was unique. John worked with me and the process was smooth. Thank-you to all involved and highly recommend them!
Rude truck drivers
Went there January 2021 in Conway SC was greeted at the front counter by Linsey and Dave they are polite professional and very knowledgeable I just purchased a new truck and needed a bed liner sprayed in I was walked thru the process made the appointment I could not be happier how it turned out THANK YOU LEONARDS Will Be Back
Leonard's did a great job in handling my purchase. Handled everything I needed to ensure my truck was prepared to haul my new cargo trailer away, no issues. Great experience.
Leonard Buildings & Truck Accessories is rated 4.32 based on 902 reviews