Look after My Bills Reviews

of reviewers recommend Look after My Bills

Tell us how Look after My Bills made you happy
Moral black hole. Awful how a good idea turned into a mechanism to rip-off struggling families. I personally have issues with them and together energy.... The usual srory based on all the other reviews I've read. I've been paying for two suppliers for months. I am met with a wall of silence as I attempt to sort the issue out. I feel sad that many families would be really struggling being suddenly hit with an extra £100 a month bill. It could have a real impact. However it is safe to say this company doesn't care at all and have totally ignored me. Not even a single response. Whilst I will be spending time resolving this for myself (seems its doesn't save time or money), I am determined to not let them rip-off other families. If you are affected by this please find me on their face book review page. Trudy Hill.
Hi Trudy,

I hope you are well.

Because of the way the energy industry is currently configured, it is common to be charged by both suppliers within the 4-6 week switching process whether we switch you or you do it alone.

This is because your current supplier is continuing to provide you with the energy you are using whilst your new supplier is setting everything up.

Typically, the new supplier will charge their first monthly direct debit as soon as they have set an energy account up for you and this will result in being charged by both companies within a month or so.

It is very important to note that these bills, although appearing at the same time, are for two different periods of energy usage and it is important to check that the dates of both bills match correctly.

Essentially your previous supplier is charging you for the energy you have used on the way out whilst the new supplier is charging you for the energy to be used in the upcoming month.

Anything that you have been charged for by your new supplier but have not actually used is credited back to you during the course of your contract, particularly when you provide them with regular meter readings and show how little you have used in the month of the switching process compared to what they have charged. In addition, you should always be able to contact the supplier directly and claim this money back as well as set up a new preferred payment date following this.

Once you have received a final bill from the previous supplier and the switch has fully gone through then we recommend cancelling your direct debit with them through your bank to ensure they no longer charge you.

I appreciate that this is a lot of money to be taken in your account at a short period but you will still be set to make significant savings across the full year and you should be able to claim back much of the money charged by the new supplier once you provide meter readings.

However, if it has indeed been longer than 4-6 weeks then we recommend contacting the previous supplier and ensuring they have cancelled the direct debit and refund you back for anything they have charged you which you have not used as we had previously notified them to do.

Melod
Complaints Manager
Look After My Bills team
Have switched our account to a more expensive supplier even though we told them not to. After months of trying to get this corrected we are still not back with our original supplier. Who we are with now is any ones guess. lookaftermybills are useless and certainly don't care about customers. What a complete mess energy supplier are in this country. Oh and by the way getting hold of them, you could fly to the moon more easily.
This company has switched me to a supplier that costs me significantly more and have completely failed to engage in any meaningful dialogue as to how that has occurred, let alone attempt to put it right. If you compare the unit costs and standing charge between two suppliers and one is higher than the other, it is impossible for the higher supplier to be cheaper, regardless of how the cost is spread or whether annual usage is estimated or actual. Everybody makes mistakes but I wish they would just own up to it. I’m beginning to suspect that they actually have no idea how their algorithm to make supplier comparisons works.
It all got very confusing - They found a 2 year deal and Switched in error. Advised me that it had been cancelled due to it being a 2 year deal and that they had found a 12 month deal so switched to that instead. They did not cancel the 2 year deal and the switch went ahead. I am being chased by the second company who I can’t switch to because I’m now tied to the two year deal which I do not want and didn’t cancel because I was advised it had been cancelled on my behalf. Look after my bills are not responding to my emails. I appreciate mistakes are made but look after my bills customer service are now ignoring me. Terrible service.
When someone tells you that something is free and then you find out that you're paying £150 more by buying from them rather than going direct to the energy provider it is a great example of marketing lies!
I got a quote from LAMB... oh yes, to the slaughter maybe?... using People's Energy. Not only do you ay higher tariffs but the numbers are completely doctored to show that they're cheaper!
We have a dual meter for "economy 7", as it used to be called. They asked for meter readings but ignore the night reading completely, "assuring" us that 40% is a fair way to assess usage. It's not. About 15% is our night time use so that means that they are fiddling the cost down to make it look cheaper when we will end up with a BIG correction payment to make!
Would I recommend them? 100% NO!
If you want to pay £150 more and believe that you're saving money then you deserve to get taken for a fool.
Good luck.
I could not make contact with my existing supplier regarding renewal so I approached Lamb as they were claiming to save punters shedloads of money They put me in touch with a supplier charging £117/month. Within the cooling off period my existing supplier offered me renewal at £102/month, it has taken 3 months and over 25 emails return my account to the original supplier. The moral is: If the offer to save you money looks to good to refuse, it usually is. To save money manage your own destiny One star is too generous.
It comes as no surprise that people who sign up to LAMB end up worse off
No one should entrust their bills to a 3rd party thus loosing control of their finances. LAMB is first and formally a business who’s main priority is making money for this company and not the bill payer
I urge everyone to monitor their own utilities and choose if they want to switch
Don’t be lazy and lose control over your finances Nothing is free someone has to pay
Joined three weeks before my renewal was due with my original energy supplier and was told I would be switched no problem ….then got an email to say there was an error in the switch and they would be in touch ….I contacted them after hearing nothing then I was told the switch would be restarted and I would hear in 24 hours….three days later had to contact again ….first person did not seem to know what they were doing and cut me off the second person told me there was a technical fault and constantly spoke over me and said nothing could be done do I want to cancel so I have…. after spending hours getting through and being told it would be another week before they would try again I ran out of time and had to renew with my original supplier…..I was recommending to everyone I knew that it seemed great at the start but now told everyone to avoid
You ask what went wrong. First of all: first rule of business, keep your customers informed. I had little or no communication from you. I had to phone YOU to ask what was happening. You might want to listen into your call centre operators. You might want to listen into a call I had on the 14/9. If you do, do you really think this operator is worthy of taking a wage?
What gave you the right to take £50 out of my bank a/c without asking me when I wanted my payment taken out.
Standard practice. In fact it's part of the financial services law. I have NO a/c number. You will see that I have cancelled my direct debit with Green Energy. I will tell everyone I know not to touch you with a barge pole.
This used to be a good company when I joined but I see in the interim they've been acquired by GoCompare.
After a very pleasant year, they recently switched me over to not 1 but 2 (yes 2) utility companies at the same time for the same supply address. So I cancelled the 2nd company since the first company was cheaper only to find that they cancelled the first switch today! Jumped on a call to the call centre - after a 10 min wait, I got cut off by the first person I spoke to when I explained I was unhappy. Had to call and wait another 10 min. 2nd person explained what was going on - which is that the first switch (which was cheaper and better) was mistakenly blah blah blah - it's a long story. Point is communication was dreadful. I explained that I wanted to stay with the first switch which had to be handled by a different team, after failing to transfer me, I was promised a call back today. Never materialised.... I am not letting them look after anything again.
Free £20 Amazon Voucher is a scam

After being bombarded with emails telling me how and why I should sign up to Look After My Bills, I received an offer with a free £20 Amazon voucher, so that persuaded me. Weeks went by, no Amazon voucher. I contacted Look After My Bills to ask where my voucher was. Another week went by, I contacted them again to ask where it was. Eventually someone replied telling me I wasn't eligible for the voucher saying I had signed up via Facebook - which I had not. These guys might be able to save you money, but the customer service is dreadful and not pleasant to deal with. Really disappointed with a company that seemed to promise so much.
-------------------------------
In response to Hannah’s reply which I have added:

Hannah, firstly, I did not get in touch with you, I left a review on Trustpilot. I have tried to get in touch with Look After My Bills on more than one occasion, but no one replies.

I feel very reassured that you track your customers! If you know so much, surely you can see that I entered my details to find out how much Look After My Bills would save me. But I did not sign up. You will know this by tracking the daily emails you sent me asking me to sign up. But I did not sign up. Not until I was offered a £20 Amazon voucher - only at that point did I sign up. So I sign up, and you say no voucher. And looking on Trustpilot, it appears I am not the only one who has been fooled by this scam.

Now I’m stuck with a utilities company who I doubt will save me as much money as estimated. And my smart meter is now defunct.

As for refer a friend - you are joking right? Does this one-star reviewer strike you as the kind of person to refer a friend to a company I wish I hadn’t signed up with? One star is not good.
First company took £200 then went bankrupt and I lost that money, the next company, yes I saved money per month but then they switched me to another and the old company just took £250 off me to cover debt! So basically they just found a firm who would charge me less a month but when they changed me again I had to repay the deficit! Ever since I went to LAMB it’s cost me money! I’ve since quit them and gone back to the original form! Moral of the story no such thing as a free lunch they are utterly useless
They messed up switching my supply to a far more expensive tariff to a company with awful customer service reviews with large exit fees so i cant change back. They switch me mid contract with my old supplier costing me huge exit fees. They lied saying I would save over £200 by switching when in fact I was moved onto a dearer tariff. They pocketed a huge commission for switching me and weren't prepared to do anything at all to correct things. They don't switch you to the cheapest supplier or the the best supplier. You have no control over who they switch you to and they are far,far more difficult to deal with then sorting things yourself. There is no reason to use this company, it is far quicker, easier and cheaper to switch yourself! Give control of your energy supply and bank details to these guys at your peril!
These outragous scammers set up a switch with my bank details without my authorisation and my consent using an address i lived at 6years ago...go compare now own this company and gave my bank details to Utility Point who have now extracted money from my bank today.. I didnt give out my detail or request a switch in any shape or form so fraud investigation is now involved... The sheepish complaints manager was pathetic an couldnt explain how they had got my detail.. Dont use this fraudster company and to Mathew Crummack tick tock
Switched me to an unknown supplier, however they only switched my gas and no my electric. I ended up paying more and they communication is terrible. They take no responsibility. Avoid at all costs.
Not good... poor customer support... attempted switch of my energy from our existing provider and I've ended up paying the utility charges of a different property and my own.... This has affected my credit rating as I'm now being charged for utilities by two different providers which I'm not paying...
I got a flow of emails telling me that they were looking for a better deal for me. Finally they emailed me to say that a switch was under way and that I had 14 days to cancel. I checked out the proposed new supplier on line and decided to cancel (we're waiting for LAMB to action this).

We were not entirely confident about the quality of customer service from the new supplier, there are reports on the web of its customers having difficulty getting refunds when they have overpaid their account. Service from our current supplier has been exemplary.

Incidentally, none of the other price comparison sites threw up any offers from the new supplier which we thought was, shall we say, interesting.

We were also not sure what role LAMB might play if the switch went wrong for any reason. If they are just brokers, then they will do nothing and we would have a mess to clear up - see other comments on here.

Too risky all round, best do this sort of thing yourself, it's not very difficult.
denied my amazon voucher for joining up as they said I didn't click on the link correctly so I am signed up to a new energy company which costs me £30 to leave and look after my bills shafted me badly as they refuse to honour my voucher and they made money by switching me so they are pleased and don't care about there customers..very rude and unhelpful staff..SO BECAREFUL AS THERE ARE SO MANY PEOPLE BEING DENIED THE AMAZON GIFT VOUCHER..
Easy to transition but the vendor that we’ve moved to has quite a clunky website and no app!
Look after My Bills is rated 4.30 based on 621 reviews