Magazines Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Magazines Direct
Read Magazines Direct Reviews

About Magazines Direct:

Magazines Direct is your favourite magazines at great prices including Marie Claire, Woman and Home, Ideal Home, Golf, Nuts, NME, Uncut, InStyle, Livingetc, Wallpaper. Visit magazinesdirect.com. IPC Media produces over 60 iconic media brands, with print alone reaching almost two thirds of UK women and 42% of UK men – almost 26 million UK adults.

IPCsubs@quadrantsubs.com

Rockwood House, Perrymount Road

Tell us how Magazines Direct made you happy
Do not use
Ordered 1 x magazine and received email for 5 subscriptions to completely different magazines. To make this worse... they have sent me 3 separate emails which concludes has been ordered 3 x times of magazines I have never ordered. The site says it’s open Saturdays but just voicemail saying they are closed. Be so careful when ordering from this company.
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. On 7 July I renewed my annual subscription (£97.40) for the TV Times with Magazines Direct. On 17 July I received an email from them thanking me for subscribing to Woman & Home magazine. I emailed them to say that this was incorrect and that I'd renewed the TV Times subscription. I emailed a copy of the TV Times renewal letter. I was asked to phone them and they said I needed to provide proof of payment which I got from my bank and sent them. Despite them having copies of their renewal letter and my proof of payment and despite innumerable weekly emails they seem incapable of resolving the issue. I have emailed them today to say that if I do not get resolution of the issue within the next week I want my money back.
In the last 2 months I have not received my TV Times on time for at least 5 times. I will then receive receive it 4 days after its start date. I contact Customer Services and get and apology and a weeks extension added onto my Subscription. I have just spoken again to the company and find that no additional weeks have been to my account. What a complete SHAMBLES.
Magazines Direct is a red flag. Buy at own risk!! I had two magazine subscruptions setup. Had two issues show up for one subscruption and 0 for the other. They took out a direct debit which I missed in my emails from them. Had to dig through the junk.

When I went to the site to cancel the subscriptions or question where my missing issues were the sight had changed and suddenly didn't recognize my email at all, which they are still emailing me so that is complete BS.

Straight to the bank and cancelled both. Its far far simpler and cheaper to just buy them off someone on eBay. More secure too.
Have used for many years but will not be using again. Service very poor. Have bought for myself and for a gift. My copy stopped arriving three months ago. Customer Services blamed post office! Now my copy has arrived out of the blue but recipient of gift has stopped receiving their copy. Very embarrassing and a waste of time and money.
I used Tesco Clubcard vouchers to buy a subscription of Living etc magazine. The confirmation email told me that my order would be processed and I would hear back within 72 hours. Several enquiries and three months later, they appear to have done nothing to process the order stating ‘system problems’. Pathetic excuse of a company, and Tesco did almost zero to help my case. Have asked for a refund, but don’t hold out much hope of it happening.
Received I issue of Gardeners in July World.Had a query re my subscriber number inJuly that was verified by phone ok.
Now they cannot find my details
at all.Very odd way to run a business in my opinion .Good record keeping is essential in business
They are scammers. Charged my parents $500, instead of $95. They said we could cancel in 10 days. I called them and they said NO, that we are not allowed to cancel. We had the same problem with them a year prior. I told them to not call my parents because they have dementia and I am in charge of their finances. We had to cancel credit card.
Subscription taken out in May. Magazine not received. Have been chasing it up with them since 29 May. Excuse is they are working from home so everything taking longer. Each email contradicts what a previous email has said. The customer service is no existent. Coronavirus is an excuse, other companies are working from home and doing a great service. This firm is the pits and if I could they would not even get one star. Complete rubbish company.
They’ve not made me at all happy, as I continue to receive a magazine I never actually requested or signed up for. And I used the email address, under ‘contact us’, which then came back as,’ Address not found’. So more waste of time, as I continue to receive a magazine I never wanted and wouldn’t have subscribed too! So I am less than happy!!😖
I ordered the Gardeners World magazine for May (the value bumper issue with free seeds) and it arrived within 2 days.
Very quick service.
I ordered it Sunday night and had an email on Monday saying it had been dispatched, and it arrived on Wednesday.
Abysmal company with the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Didn't send out any magazines for 7 months due to a system error at their end, then said they couldn't provide back copies but I could buy them at more than double the cost. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!
Don't order from them. They give you the option for the order then they say they can't take the payment and the offer has expired. Very, very bad service.
I ordered a subscription as a Christmas gift for my mother on 9/12/2019; nothing has arrived and I have spoken to them on two occasions not counting today. The payment left my credit card account and I received no details of an account number until I asked for it again today. The magazine I ordered for my sister through another company at the same time has sent her 3 copies. Why do reputable magazines allow themselves to be sold through scammers like these?
My elderly mother bought a subscription with this company on 6th December and paid £31.99, she hadn't had a magazine so called them and they say they have no record of the order - the money has left her bank , when she told the lady this she put the phone down! Avoid at all costs
My partner got me a subscription to a magazine as a present, using Magazines Direct. For the first few months the issues turned up regularly, but latterly there are huge gaps in delivery and several months can be missed at a time. Ringing them is hopeless - we have spent far too much time trying to get missed issues sent. The person on the other end of the line agrees we are due, but nothing arrives. Total farce of a company. Will never, ever use again.
They are still scamming people! Nothing since they took a subscription in Nov, despite repeated calls!
These people took £90.50 from me back in October 2019 and have not delivered my subscription magazines. I was told I would receive a refund a couple of months ago but haven't, taking someone's money and not delivering goods is theft.
Do not trust this company
Shocking, scammers, do not use.
Reading the other reviews I have had the same experience with this company. Cancelled my subscription in advance and they still took my money £41.49. Rang and was advised refund would be issued, nothing happened. Rang again told once again that it would be refunded within 5 working days. Nothing, rang again, this time they said there was no record of my last call. Said a cheque was sent. Not received. SaId they would not refund full amount - why? They said they would escalate to Head Office in UK. Not holding my breath. AVOID AT ALL COSTS
Magazines Direct is rated 1.11 based on 140 reviews