Magnet Reviews

of reviewers recommend Magnet
Telephone

Tell us how Magnet made you happy
TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE – STEER CLEAR unless you want to pay 5000 Quid for a 700 pound kitchen!!

Story - I ordered a new kitchen for my elderly 80+ yr. old parents through one of their "contractors" who promised me that he was a certified Magnet contractor – five star and all that - he then insisted on full payment, charged me 250/ 300% on top of the kitchen, disappeared for three months, after we threatened legal action he came back - assembled it in the wrong place and badly, did not use genuine parts and then did a runner before finishing the job! We tried every possible recourse and I then turned to Magnet to help out and head office and branch office told me that THEIR CONTRACTOR was the client NOT MY PARENTS WHO PAID FOR THE KITCHEN!.. STEER VERY CLEAR, they just care about their contractors who they give all sorts of incentives, not the real paying clients!!
A word of warning....
Do NOT buy a Magnet kitchen. I have spent a lot of money and the whole experience has been disappointing and stressful. I’ve had missing items, deliveries that haven’t even turned up and they don’t answer the phone. When I complained by email, I didn’t even get a reply. They are quick to take your money and then they don’t want to know.
Living for a year and counting in a building site

Magnet very quick and helpful to book and design the kitchen. Unfortunately that was where anything good ended.

The kitchen turned up late and incomplete. The fitter did not turn up at all. This was December. It's now the following November. 4 fitters, 3 managers later and we've been treated with nothing but contempt and apathy. This goes for all levels of magnet as we've escalated the complaint. Works are still not completed and the mess that previous fitters have made of the job have to be corrected. We've been storing all sorts of large bulky materials whilst other components have never arrived.

We have been lied to and led on time and time and time again. We're so stressed and heartbroken, everytime I even look at our mess of a kitchen it makes me feel awful.
I don't know whats happened to Magnet's.. l have purchased two kitchens from them in the past and have been really pleased with their product and service.
Attempting to progress a third and their customer service at Swindon is non existent, not something you would expect from the branch manager.
Any progress or contact is down to just my efforts, never receive a call back or email.
Appalling service!
The communication at your Inverness brach is appalling!
We ordered a kitchen from Magnet in August. On delivery, we were told that our freezer was delayed by about 6 weeks. We couldn't wait 6 weeks without a freezer and so we ordered one. We are still waiting for the refund. The units we purchased are such poor quality that it looks like we have had the kitchen for years. The units came scratched, dented, marked and when we tried to get hold of the customer care team, they are u able to help us beacuse they are finishing work. The person who sold us the kitchen talks to us like it is our fault. I'm trying to get a refund, but it seems impossible. I would stay away from Magnet!
Terrible experience and would never recommend Magnet. From the start I started off with one designer then changed midway through. There was no handover so I had to explain the whole design again from scratch. Ended up with a poorly designed plan that didnt allow for height restrictions for the gas hob. If I hadn't mentioned it I would have set my cupboards alight. Had to change to an electric hob that I didnt want, pay an electrician to allow for this and compromise on cupboards/overall look of the kitchen plan to accommodate for their mistake. My kitchen fitter had to make endless adjustments to make up for the design which costs me a fortune. Signed a contract for items that either didnt arrive or didnt fit. To add insult to injury I had to return and collect the wrong items myself. Should have gone to Howdens! The manager was rude and abrasive and point blankly said he is not compensating me for their errors. Poor customer service.
Our initial experience in the office was good; a lovely team with creative ideas, and ready to help when needed.

Unfortunately, it seems only the girls in the office care about Magnet's customers. We start having problems with the delivery team. They did not deliver all the appliances, the sink was missing in the list of ordered goods, and they delivered the wrong handles.

The girls in the office tried their best to fix the mentioned issues. After a week and a half of waiting for a new delivery, we ended up with the wrong gas hob. Again the girls from the office tried to fix the issue; it took them a week to find out that the originally ordered gas hob is out of stock, and the delivery team decided to swap with another one. The delivered gas hob was an entirely different style, and we agreed with for a refund.

Their poor internal communication caused a month delay and a lot of discomfort for the family.

If you think the story ended up here, I can tell you that we are still waiting for a refund. More than one month passed, and their finance team can not manage to do a refund. The message which we received after one month of waiting states:
"... as I mentioned earlier, it takes time to process it as it goes through various departments.

The finance amount hasn’t been reduced just yet as things are now taking longer than usual due to reduced staff in our departments as some people are working from home or still on furlough."

Magnet has serious problems in their company, and if you want to have additional stress in your personal life, then go ahead and buy kitchens from them.
Magnet supplied us with windows, which became drafty and were difficult to open and close, one is now completely jammed. I have repeated asked for someone to come and look at them under their guarantee. At first they said it was an issue for Jenweld. When Jenweld were not the suppliers and the supplier they used at the time is no longer trading they started to ignore my correspondence. I have been trying to get a resolution for circa 6 months now and am no further forward. It seems they think if they ignore my complaint for long enough I’ll go away. Very disappointing.
It all looked great and the fitters were very courteous and efficient. After care/goodwill 2 yrs up the road, a very different experience. mixer tap in kitchen was 'wonky' from installation onwards. I told the plumber at the time that the cold tap part of the mixer was wobbly, and that the tap dripped alot after water was turned off. He said it was normal. Hmmm. Even as a non plumber I could see that it wasn't really right. Plumber came round and renewed the mixer tap. Same story. Wobbly handle, and did not close off immediately. Magnet offered another replacement, but with a different tap, as my original ones were obviously faulty. I asked if I could still have brushed steel, please, as that's preferable (to me) to stainless steel. No response to that. Still waiting, in fact. According to Magnet, but not to me!! the last plumber to visit via the company had 'fixed the problem', so pretty much, 'what was I on about ?'. He had indeed tightened the handle, which was great, and the 'repair' lasted 24 hours. I WAS PROMISED A REPLACEMENT TAP. When is this going to happen ? I am left singularly unimpressed at a hostile response to a perfectly obvious problem. Why would anyone have to argue with an apparently professional company? DON'T USE MAGNET. OH! And my built in dishwasher, insured after garuantee via D and G, cannot be repaired because it has been installed in a manner that renders it immovable from built in casing (door). The engineer has called twice to fix it. No success. Magnet did send their fitter round, who just asked me why the insurance engineer was unable to remove the machine from it's housing..... how on earth would I know !!! He pointed at 2 screws and told me all that was needed was to unscrew them. So second insurance engineer called, and still wasn't able to 'get at' the actual machine. Hence, a dishwasher that doesn't actually CLEAN properly, because no hot water seems to access it. No heat to dry contents. It's only saving grace is that at least the housing matches all the unit doors !!!! NOT what I had paid for, as, I in fact thought a dishwasher was supposed to wash crockery and cutlery, and saucepans. £15,000 and an absurd and protracted situation regarding replacement mixer tap, which was faulty from the outset. I'll never use Magnet again, and I would not recommend them to anyone
I went to magnet because my parents had a magnet kitchen 4 years ago which they are very happy with. Mine is a totally different story the fitter didnt care worktop joins rubbish struggle to short doors. And after 4mths the doors started to warp and coating come away. Endless calls to magnet they say its moisture and how we have cleaned them!! Do not buy a kitchen off magnet quality is totally rubbish and once they have your money they really dont care will think of any excuse to get away with owning up to selling such bad quality kitchens. Pity we have to give 1 star. A disgrace.
Terrible service. Booked and confirmed virtual kitch design from the Greenwich branch, designer Aba Marful and no one turned up. No email or call to apologise, when I did get hold of customer service, it was a very timid 'oh sorry' no attempt was made to rebook. Needless to say, I decided to go eith Wren Kitchens, and companies wonder why their competitors get the better of them. Avoid, if like this from the beginning, dread to think about the whole experience. Wouldn't use Magnet Kitchen if they paid me. Terrible service.
Very good quality units. Delighted with the result. I would not hesitate to recommend the quality of this kitchen compared to other in the same price range.
25 years ago, had a kitchen fitted by Magnet and it was a wonderful job.
12 months ago, I asked for another kitchen laid out like the original. That was my first mistake, the second was paying them the £15000+ before they started the work.
The result was: -
That the work surfaces were not the same as we thought we had ordered.
The trim on the units in the utility room do not match the kitchen.
The sink has had to be put in the wrong way around.
Units are of a different size to the originals, so the kitchen layout is different - no mention of this until after we had paid.
Several obvious gaps due to units being a different size (pictures available).
Took our complaints to the Ombudsman who takes only written evidence from both sides none of which is under oath and the salesman we dealt with had left the company and the branch manager had moved to another branch
The outcome was that Magnet offered us less than £200.
Add this to the poor communication from Magnet (I am still awaiting a return call from when the fitters were fitting the kitchen and I was going to stop the work). Their offices in Darlington also manage to lose letters that I have sent them.
My advice would be not to use Magnet and if you do, do not pay all monies owing upfront as you will have no comeback on them and will end up having to go to law to attain justice.
So disappointed! Had our kitchen replaced 5 years ago and we have had nothing but problems. All the doors have been replaced numerous times due to the vinyl covering bubbling at the tops and bottoms of most of the doors. Last time we went to collect the remaining few for replacement we were told our kitchen had been discontinued due to this very issue!!! Well now the replaced (for the 5th time) doors are also bubbling and peeling off. After spending a lot of money we have been fobbed off, bad customer service, head office don’t give a hoot and our kitchen looks hideous! We saved for years for a new kitchen and I have spent many times crying over it!!! What ever happened to the warranty!!!!!! As it stands I tell everyone not to ever buy a magnet kitchen!
No point in contacting, they just fobbed me off and blamed me for everything! Magnet Kitchens are rubbish!!! Magnet have an endless list of excuses why the faults are your fault and not theirs. They are more than happy to blame the customer for their own shoddy materials and workmanship.
magnet kitchen poor quality
I had a new kitchen ordered last year and delivered to be installed in October 2019. It was part of a major building work on site that included a newly built kitchen area.
We did order a Soho integra charcoal as we liked the design and was promoted by the Magnet designer as top end quality. We spent 16k for the kitchen and 2k for the fitting.
We ended up with a kitchen of poor quality with poor quality installation.
To date the issues, almost one year after have not been resolved and I have spent time and energy in vain.
The kitchen was delivered almost one month later than originally agreed and the installers were slow and not very precise at their job.
Doors were scratched, cabinets not properly fitted, the alluminium inserts are all shorter that the rest of the kitchen and most of the bigger doors were bended (yes, curved!) and so on. Please check the pictures.
Then we tried to solved with the local branch and we had some smaller doors redelivered but not installed, the bigger doors were never sent in and we had another fitter that re-alligned some of the doors and cover the scratches with a black pen! Without even ask for permission! To date we are still unhappy customers with a
So avoid avoid avoid at any cost.
Awful Design Service at Clapham Showroom
Pushy, rude, and unhelpful, the designer at the Clapham Showroom had no interest in answering my questions during the virtual design call, only in getting his deposit. They are not skilled designers; they are very pushy, rude, impatient salespeople only interested in the sale and not the customer.

When I called him again (as a courtesy) to say I was running a little late (around 20 minutes) for my in-store appointment he shouted at me, "you people come 30-45 minutes late then everything backs up.” When I asked why he was shouting at me, he said, “I'm terminating this call." and hung up the phone abruptly! AVOID the Clapham Branch – I called another branch and they were more helpful. Then I made an appointment with Wren Kitchens who were far kinder.
No point in contacting, they just fobbed me off and blamed me for everything! Magnet Kitchens are s**t!!!!
In March last year I purchased a kitchen from magnet at a cost of £11000 and I am sorry to say that things have hardly ran smoothly from the offset. To begin with the fitter removed everything from my kitchen on the first day, including the sink and cooker, despite having been told the sink is last out and first back in. Needless to say this meant that we had no running water or cooking facilities for almost three weeks. ( had been told the job would be completed within 10 days ) Next, the splash backs were fitted to brick wall as the plaster had not been made good by the fitter. Then the soft closers were missed from some of the doors. Finally, after being completed for approximately 3 weeks, the work tops began to shrink back and had to be replaced. This time by a different fitter. Unfortunately, this meant removing my fridge for a time. We were still able to use it so the fact that it was in the dining room temporarily was no big issue. However, when the fitter put it back in place it we found that it was no longer working properly. Apparently, he advised would soon be needing a replacement as this was getting close to its sell by. Ironically, this was very close indeed. From that day on my fridge would not retain a stable temperature and the contents were either warm or or frozen. I purchased a new fridge and paid to have it installed, neither of these were through Magnet. When my new fridge was being installed the fitter told me the end panel of the housing wasn't straight but he would do the best he could with it. Unfortunately, the end result was that the door was offset at one side. A few months later I noticed white spots appearing on some of the cupboards, bottom and top, where the finish was coming off. These were replaced by Magnet and the fridge door was made good, or so I thought. Within days it was scraping against the next cupboard and now sounds like something from the Addams Family. Last but not least I now have the finish coming off 2 more doors and 1 drawer. I have not been able to make Magnet aware of this as yet due to the lockdown but I do plan to. I would like to point out that only myself and my husband live here so it is far from a busy kitchen. To be fair to Magnet, the after care to date has been excellent. They have attended to all the faults I have talked about in this review and apologised for the inconvenience and disappointment we have experienced. Unfortunately, this doesn't make up for the poor service we received or the fact that quality of goods in this instance is sub standard. I went to Magnet because of their good reputation when I could have got better for half the price. We live and learn
Excellent customer service experience.
Staff very knowledgeable of products and great price
Magnet is rated 1.67 based on 48 reviews