Magnet Reviews

of reviewers recommend Magnet
Telephone

Tell us how Magnet made you happy
Magnet 1 star review on 30th May 2020
Laura
Magnet 1 star review on 30th May 2020
Laura
More Photos & Videos
Excellent customer service experience.
Staff very knowledgeable of products and great price
Had the Cream Gloss Juna eight years ago, still in excellent condition. Sold my house in May the Estate Agents were blown away with the kichen including integrated alliances and a modern rangemaster cooker. The lady who bought my house also fell in live with the kitchen. Picked my Magnet kitchen for my new house, using my own fitter again. Sooo excited. Chose the dearest worktop in the shop but the lady showed me a cheaper version just as nice. Magnets every time
Honest, helpful staff, good quality kitchen, very reasonable prices, every single timescale met. Could not recommend them more highly.
We purchased a great kitchen at a great price. All staff were very helpful and any niggles were sorted out straight away.
I am a great convert to Magnet kitchens, which my builder suggested for my kitchen. I had enthusiastic help from the salesman (Kris) and the quality of the kitchen (being installed as we speak) is really good; solid, stylish, fab choice of handles, and with what my builder tells me are the German made mechanical fittings, it looks like a really expensive kitchen (which it wasn't - it was very reasonably priced.) A painless experience. Well done Kris and Magnet kitchens.
They provided a great plan and flat pack kitchen and appliances at excellent discount price. It looks great!
In March last year I purchased a kitchen from magnet at a cost of £11000 and I am sorry to say that things have hardly ran smoothly from the offset. To begin with the fitter removed everything from my kitchen on the first day, including the sink and cooker, despite having been told the sink is last out and first back in. Needless to say this meant that we had no running water or cooking facilities for almost three weeks. ( had been told the job would be completed within 10 days ) Next, the splash backs were fitted to brick wall as the plaster had not been made good by the fitter. Then the soft closers were missed from some of the doors. Finally, after being completed for approximately 3 weeks, the work tops began to shrink back and had to be replaced. This time by a different fitter. Unfortunately, this meant removing my fridge for a time. We were still able to use it so the fact that it was in the dining room temporarily was no big issue. However, when the fitter put it back in place it we found that it was no longer working properly. Apparently, he advised would soon be needing a replacement as this was getting close to its sell by. Ironically, this was very close indeed. From that day on my fridge would not retain a stable temperature and the contents were either warm or or frozen. I purchased a new fridge and paid to have it installed, neither of these were through Magnet. When my new fridge was being installed the fitter told me the end panel of the housing wasn't straight but he would do the best he could with it. Unfortunately, the end result was that the door was offset at one side. A few months later I noticed white spots appearing on some of the cupboards, bottom and top, where the finish was coming off. These were replaced by Magnet and the fridge door was made good, or so I thought. Within days it was scraping against the next cupboard and now sounds like something from the Addams Family. Last but not least I now have the finish coming off 2 more doors and 1 drawer. I have not been able to make Magnet aware of this as yet due to the lockdown but I do plan to. I would like to point out that only myself and my husband live here so it is far from a busy kitchen. To be fair to Magnet, the after care to date has been excellent. They have attended to all the faults I have talked about in this review and apologised for the inconvenience and disappointment we have experienced. Unfortunately, this doesn't make up for the poor service we received or the fact that quality of goods in this instance is sub standard. I went to Magnet because of their good reputation when I could have got better for half the price. We live and learn
We went to Magnet's Gillingham store, probably around September or October 2019. First impressions were very good. Ricky was very helpful and we chose a design and colours we were happy with. As Magnet fitters do not fit flooring or do any plastering or extras which may be required unless we paid them extra, and, not knowing how much extra that cost would be, we opted to have our own fitter to fit the kitchen. It was delivered on 21st November 2019 and fitting commenced on 25th November. All went well until a day or so before the work was finished when our fitter asked where was the glass splashback to go behind the cooker. It had not been delivered by Magnet and, when I called to find out why, I was told that Magnet fitters contact the store to order the glass splashback once the cabinets have been fitted and proper measurements have been made. The fact that we had not been made aware of this beforehand resulted in a two to three week delay which could have been avoided had Magnet told us at at the outset to send in the measurements as soon as the cabinets were fitted. We were then told that there would be a delay and that the splashback would not be delivered until around 7th January. We were told that we would be called when it had been delivered and the fitter would be in touch with us to fit it. By 9th January, I had heard nothing so I called Magnet. The splashback had been delivered to Magnet but they had not called to let us know. There were a couple of things which also needed fixing, which Ricky said he'd pass on to the fitter. More time passed with no word so, yet again, I called Magnet. This time, a fitter did call back and we fixed a date for him to fit the splashback. When he arrived, he told us that the extra things which needed adjustments had not been mentioned to him, in spite of my asking for them to be addressed more than once when speaking to Ricky. This resulted in him having to make another date to make those adjustments. When he fitted the splashback, he noticed that the trim on the surrounding backboard was missing. He said he would ask Magnet to order this, which he did. This took another three weeks to arrive and again, I was the one having to make the call to Magnet as they had not bothered to tell me that the trim had arrived. During my phone call to Magnet, I was told that I would be called by the fitter and that it would be fitted this week. Guess what? Today is Thursday and, yup. No call. So again, I did the chasing by calling Magnet to try and arrange for a fitter to do this one remaining small job. I spoke to a lady who told me there were no outstanding jobs in my name and she will call me back tomorrow. Ricky is off this week and there is apparently no way of finding out what was needed. No note on my file, if I even have a file. So here I am in limbo, more than 3 months since the kitchen was delivered and STILL it is not complete with no sign of any date being fixed for this one remaining small job. Magnet have not been at all proactive on this job. I have had to do all the chasing. They have not informed me when they have received deliveries for me or told me if I need to take action to make something happen. It seems I have to make around 3 phone calls before anything ever happens. I am so very fed up. Should it really take over 3 months for a kitchen to be completed? I don't think so. I'm at the end of my patience and end of my tether waiting for Magnet. Nice kitchen but shocking after sales service. I should have listened to the other kitchen supplier who told me that Magnet would fail to deliver. He said he'd seen it time and time again. Looks like he was right.
Poor design left me over £500 out of pocket to correct their mistakes
Everything started well however once the kitchen was stripped leaving us with a shell the problems have started.
We have had a couple of no show appointments for the fitting and the fitter involved has not answered any of our calls today after promising us yesterday that he would start work today.
Nobody is able to give me a definite answer as to what is actually happening and the whole process has become extremely stressful to us.
The original start date we were given was 10/06/19 and were told that it would be a two week job.
It is now 10/07/19 and we still have no kitchen nor any idea when we will actually have one.
Granted there was extra work on the floor and ceiling which is now finished by sub contractors reccomend by Magnet but still no sign of our kitchen.
My wife is extremely stressed and upset at the lack of communication and it really seems as if the left hand does not know what the right is doing here.
I contacted head office today and they have told me that they will give me some sort of update tomorrow morning.
If I am let down once more I am seeking legal advice.
Given the record to date I do not think I would trust Magnet again and my only hope is that they will turn this disaster around as my wife and I are coming to the end of our tether with the incompetence with which we have been dealing and the lies that we have been told.
magnet kitchen poor quality
I had a new kitchen ordered last year and delivered to be installed in October 2019. It was part of a major building work on site that included a newly built kitchen area.
We did order a Soho integra charcoal as we liked the design and was promoted by the Magnet designer as top end quality. We spent 16k for the kitchen and 2k for the fitting.
We ended up with a kitchen of poor quality with poor quality installation.
To date the issues, almost one year after have not been resolved and I have spent time and energy in vain.
The kitchen was delivered almost one month later than originally agreed and the installers were slow and not very precise at their job.
Doors were scratched, cabinets not properly fitted, the alluminium inserts are all shorter that the rest of the kitchen and most of the bigger doors were bended (yes, curved!) and so on. Please check the pictures.
Then we tried to solved with the local branch and we had some smaller doors redelivered but not installed, the bigger doors were never sent in and we had another fitter that re-alligned some of the doors and cover the scratches with a black pen! Without even ask for permission! To date we are still unhappy customers with a
So avoid avoid avoid at any cost.
Awful Design Service at Clapham Showroom
Pushy, rude, and unhelpful, the designer at the Clapham Showroom had no interest in answering my questions during the virtual design call, only in getting his deposit. They are not skilled designers; they are very pushy, rude, impatient salespeople only interested in the sale and not the customer.

When I called him again (as a courtesy) to say I was running a little late (around 20 minutes) for my in-store appointment he shouted at me, "you people come 30-45 minutes late then everything backs up.” When I asked why he was shouting at me, he said, “I'm terminating this call." and hung up the phone abruptly! AVOID the Clapham Branch – I called another branch and they were more helpful. Then I made an appointment with Wren Kitchens who were far kinder.
So disappointed! Had our kitchen replaced 5 years ago and we have had nothing but problems. All the doors have been replaced numerous times due to the vinyl covering bubbling at the tops and bottoms of most of the doors. Last time we went to collect the remaining few for replacement we were told our kitchen had been discontinued due to this very issue!!! Well now the replaced (for the 5th time) doors are also bubbling and peeling off. After spending a lot of money we have been fobbed off, bad customer service, head office don’t give a hoot and our kitchen looks hideous! We saved for years for a new kitchen and I have spent many times crying over it!!! What ever happened to the warranty!!!!!! As it stands I tell everyone not to ever buy a magnet kitchen!
No point in contacting, they just fobbed me off and blamed me for everything! Magnet Kitchens are s**t!!!!
Coventry Magnet...as a returning customer I'm really disappointed by the service offered. All appeared good at the point of design (apart from the prices of electrical items constantly changing)...chose my own fitters to complete the install.
Became apparent the measurements were wrong for both the utility and kitchen. Cupboards had to be cut smaller meaning less storage space, measurements for the sink were incorrect - eventually found one that would fit (tried 3!) missing panels...delivered the next day but in white...my kitchen is grey! Joins in worktop that I wasnt expecting, cutlery drawer inserts missing, and ended up buying two cooker panel inserts from Howdens as Magnet only do one size..which when cut to size dont match the design of the other cupboard fronts. Manager really unhelpful and dismissive, apparently not Magnets fault as my fitters should of done a pre install measure/check (basic measurements-surely part of the design service..they did visit twice!)...happy to take your money and then cast you aside. Install cost me more due to the extra work and time taken...of course Magnet dont want to reimburse me for this...really poor customer service.
We have been promised an installer will arrive for over three months to finish off the kitchen install. They don't arrive, nor do they have the courtesy of letting us know that they wont arrive on the agreed date. They have no apology but only excuses. Avoid Magnet. Overpriced/ overrated.
Horrendous experience from start to finish (although technically still not finished)
Started later then the agreed date and they didn’t let me know in advance or even in the day. I was chasing to find out what was going on and had wasted taken time off work.
All materials did not arrive when their installer was at mine to fit it, which resulted in half days here and there and doing the install in bits over a 3 week period.
The installer rushed to complete due to the delays experienced and start their next job with magnets, which resulted in wonky units, chipped worktops, and uncompleted works which have not been sorted several months later.
I would never recommend magnets and have no intention of using them on any future refurbishments.
Magnets also wrongfully charge for electrical certificates even if no electrical works have been carried out, taking advantage of people that are not from a construction background.
Kitchen itself is great and very few problems with units and other items.
Our problem was with Magnet’s Fitting Services, as their contractor was useless, took over 19 weeks to finish the job, had never fitted our product before, resulted in 3 call outs from Electrolux to make good the fitters errors, ripped us off for extra’s and with no support from Magnet at all!!!
So, consider their kitchens, but don’t trust their fitting, as all they do is hide behind irrelevant codes of practice and fitting agreements with no useful support whatsoever!!! Beware
I bought a kitchen from magnet in enfield all the drawing and plan was wrong anglous and matt can't design a dog house I took them to a Ombudsman service and there can't do anything about it I took the drawing to magnet in solihull retail park and he said it was a design problem so the magnet directors should know all about this issues and why there employ anglous and matt for there can't do there job waste of money it costs me a lot of money to put it right magnet company is ripped off customer
Do not recommend this place. Get kitchen anywhere but magnet, after paying £11000 I can tell you, if anything goes wrong after you paid the money, it's not their problem and you will have to fix it yourself. I have a 24 month warranty piece of paper which they ignore. Good luck if you go with them. They do not respect TrustMark.
Soooo bad! They said they would deliver on a Tuesday and was in the van Monday so would be with us at 8am....well. Turns out the kitchen had not been made. Finally arrived Thursday with missing pieces. And they act like the Furniture Ombudsman suggested £50 per day minimum is law.

Anyway - at least I persuaded 3 people to go to Wrens instead since then. Can't let friends or family use them.
Magnet is rated 1.85 based on 33 reviews