Magnet Reviews

of reviewers recommend Magnet
Telephone

Tell us how Magnet made you happy
Very good quality units. Delighted with the result. I would not hesitate to recommend the quality of this kitchen compared to other in the same price range.
Excellent customer service experience.
Staff very knowledgeable of products and great price
Had the Cream Gloss Juna eight years ago, still in excellent condition. Sold my house in May the Estate Agents were blown away with the kichen including integrated alliances and a modern rangemaster cooker. The lady who bought my house also fell in live with the kitchen. Picked my Magnet kitchen for my new house, using my own fitter again. Sooo excited. Chose the dearest worktop in the shop but the lady showed me a cheaper version just as nice. Magnets every time
Honest, helpful staff, good quality kitchen, very reasonable prices, every single timescale met. Could not recommend them more highly.
We purchased a great kitchen at a great price. All staff were very helpful and any niggles were sorted out straight away.
I am a great convert to Magnet kitchens, which my builder suggested for my kitchen. I had enthusiastic help from the salesman (Kris) and the quality of the kitchen (being installed as we speak) is really good; solid, stylish, fab choice of handles, and with what my builder tells me are the German made mechanical fittings, it looks like a really expensive kitchen (which it wasn't - it was very reasonably priced.) A painless experience. Well done Kris and Magnet kitchens.
They provided a great plan and flat pack kitchen and appliances at excellent discount price. It looks great!
In March last year I purchased a kitchen from magnet at a cost of £11000 and I am sorry to say that things have hardly ran smoothly from the offset. To begin with the fitter removed everything from my kitchen on the first day, including the sink and cooker, despite having been told the sink is last out and first back in. Needless to say this meant that we had no running water or cooking facilities for almost three weeks. ( had been told the job would be completed within 10 days ) Next, the splash backs were fitted to brick wall as the plaster had not been made good by the fitter. Then the soft closers were missed from some of the doors. Finally, after being completed for approximately 3 weeks, the work tops began to shrink back and had to be replaced. This time by a different fitter. Unfortunately, this meant removing my fridge for a time. We were still able to use it so the fact that it was in the dining room temporarily was no big issue. However, when the fitter put it back in place it we found that it was no longer working properly. Apparently, he advised would soon be needing a replacement as this was getting close to its sell by. Ironically, this was very close indeed. From that day on my fridge would not retain a stable temperature and the contents were either warm or or frozen. I purchased a new fridge and paid to have it installed, neither of these were through Magnet. When my new fridge was being installed the fitter told me the end panel of the housing wasn't straight but he would do the best he could with it. Unfortunately, the end result was that the door was offset at one side. A few months later I noticed white spots appearing on some of the cupboards, bottom and top, where the finish was coming off. These were replaced by Magnet and the fridge door was made good, or so I thought. Within days it was scraping against the next cupboard and now sounds like something from the Addams Family. Last but not least I now have the finish coming off 2 more doors and 1 drawer. I have not been able to make Magnet aware of this as yet due to the lockdown but I do plan to. I would like to point out that only myself and my husband live here so it is far from a busy kitchen. To be fair to Magnet, the after care to date has been excellent. They have attended to all the faults I have talked about in this review and apologised for the inconvenience and disappointment we have experienced. Unfortunately, this doesn't make up for the poor service we received or the fact that quality of goods in this instance is sub standard. I went to Magnet because of their good reputation when I could have got better for half the price. We live and learn
We went to Magnet's Gillingham store, probably around September or October 2019. First impressions were very good. Ricky was very helpful and we chose a design and colours we were happy with. As Magnet fitters do not fit flooring or do any plastering or extras which may be required unless we paid them extra, and, not knowing how much extra that cost would be, we opted to have our own fitter to fit the kitchen. It was delivered on 21st November 2019 and fitting commenced on 25th November. All went well until a day or so before the work was finished when our fitter asked where was the glass splashback to go behind the cooker. It had not been delivered by Magnet and, when I called to find out why, I was told that Magnet fitters contact the store to order the glass splashback once the cabinets have been fitted and proper measurements have been made. The fact that we had not been made aware of this beforehand resulted in a two to three week delay which could have been avoided had Magnet told us at at the outset to send in the measurements as soon as the cabinets were fitted. We were then told that there would be a delay and that the splashback would not be delivered until around 7th January. We were told that we would be called when it had been delivered and the fitter would be in touch with us to fit it. By 9th January, I had heard nothing so I called Magnet. The splashback had been delivered to Magnet but they had not called to let us know. There were a couple of things which also needed fixing, which Ricky said he'd pass on to the fitter. More time passed with no word so, yet again, I called Magnet. This time, a fitter did call back and we fixed a date for him to fit the splashback. When he arrived, he told us that the extra things which needed adjustments had not been mentioned to him, in spite of my asking for them to be addressed more than once when speaking to Ricky. This resulted in him having to make another date to make those adjustments. When he fitted the splashback, he noticed that the trim on the surrounding backboard was missing. He said he would ask Magnet to order this, which he did. This took another three weeks to arrive and again, I was the one having to make the call to Magnet as they had not bothered to tell me that the trim had arrived. During my phone call to Magnet, I was told that I would be called by the fitter and that it would be fitted this week. Guess what? Today is Thursday and, yup. No call. So again, I did the chasing by calling Magnet to try and arrange for a fitter to do this one remaining small job. I spoke to a lady who told me there were no outstanding jobs in my name and she will call me back tomorrow. Ricky is off this week and there is apparently no way of finding out what was needed. No note on my file, if I even have a file. So here I am in limbo, more than 3 months since the kitchen was delivered and STILL it is not complete with no sign of any date being fixed for this one remaining small job. Magnet have not been at all proactive on this job. I have had to do all the chasing. They have not informed me when they have received deliveries for me or told me if I need to take action to make something happen. It seems I have to make around 3 phone calls before anything ever happens. I am so very fed up. Should it really take over 3 months for a kitchen to be completed? I don't think so. I'm at the end of my patience and end of my tether waiting for Magnet. Nice kitchen but shocking after sales service. I should have listened to the other kitchen supplier who told me that Magnet would fail to deliver. He said he'd seen it time and time again. Looks like he was right.
Poor design left me over £500 out of pocket to correct their mistakes
Everything started well however once the kitchen was stripped leaving us with a shell the problems have started.
We have had a couple of no show appointments for the fitting and the fitter involved has not answered any of our calls today after promising us yesterday that he would start work today.
Nobody is able to give me a definite answer as to what is actually happening and the whole process has become extremely stressful to us.
The original start date we were given was 10/06/19 and were told that it would be a two week job.
It is now 10/07/19 and we still have no kitchen nor any idea when we will actually have one.
Granted there was extra work on the floor and ceiling which is now finished by sub contractors reccomend by Magnet but still no sign of our kitchen.
My wife is extremely stressed and upset at the lack of communication and it really seems as if the left hand does not know what the right is doing here.
I contacted head office today and they have told me that they will give me some sort of update tomorrow morning.
If I am let down once more I am seeking legal advice.
Given the record to date I do not think I would trust Magnet again and my only hope is that they will turn this disaster around as my wife and I are coming to the end of our tether with the incompetence with which we have been dealing and the lies that we have been told.
A word of warning....
Do NOT buy a Magnet kitchen. I have spent a lot of money and the whole experience has been disappointing and stressful. I’ve had missing items, deliveries that haven’t even turned up and they don’t answer the phone. When I complained by email, I didn’t even get a reply. They are quick to take your money and then they don’t want to know.
Living for a year and counting in a building site

Magnet very quick and helpful to book and design the kitchen. Unfortunately that was where anything good ended.

The kitchen turned up late and incomplete. The fitter did not turn up at all. This was December. It's now the following November. 4 fitters, 3 managers later and we've been treated with nothing but contempt and apathy. This goes for all levels of magnet as we've escalated the complaint. Works are still not completed and the mess that previous fitters have made of the job have to be corrected. We've been storing all sorts of large bulky materials whilst other components have never arrived.

We have been lied to and led on time and time and time again. We're so stressed and heartbroken, everytime I even look at our mess of a kitchen it makes me feel awful.
I don't know whats happened to Magnet's.. l have purchased two kitchens from them in the past and have been really pleased with their product and service.
Attempting to progress a third and their customer service at Swindon is non existent, not something you would expect from the branch manager.
Any progress or contact is down to just my efforts, never receive a call back or email.
Appalling service!
The communication at your Inverness brach is appalling!
We ordered a kitchen from Magnet in August. On delivery, we were told that our freezer was delayed by about 6 weeks. We couldn't wait 6 weeks without a freezer and so we ordered one. We are still waiting for the refund. The units we purchased are such poor quality that it looks like we have had the kitchen for years. The units came scratched, dented, marked and when we tried to get hold of the customer care team, they are u able to help us beacuse they are finishing work. The person who sold us the kitchen talks to us like it is our fault. I'm trying to get a refund, but it seems impossible. I would stay away from Magnet!
Terrible experience and would never recommend Magnet. From the start I started off with one designer then changed midway through. There was no handover so I had to explain the whole design again from scratch. Ended up with a poorly designed plan that didnt allow for height restrictions for the gas hob. If I hadn't mentioned it I would have set my cupboards alight. Had to change to an electric hob that I didnt want, pay an electrician to allow for this and compromise on cupboards/overall look of the kitchen plan to accommodate for their mistake. My kitchen fitter had to make endless adjustments to make up for the design which costs me a fortune. Signed a contract for items that either didnt arrive or didnt fit. To add insult to injury I had to return and collect the wrong items myself. Should have gone to Howdens! The manager was rude and abrasive and point blankly said he is not compensating me for their errors. Poor customer service.
Our initial experience in the office was good; a lovely team with creative ideas, and ready to help when needed.

Unfortunately, it seems only the girls in the office care about Magnet's customers. We start having problems with the delivery team. They did not deliver all the appliances, the sink was missing in the list of ordered goods, and they delivered the wrong handles.

The girls in the office tried their best to fix the mentioned issues. After a week and a half of waiting for a new delivery, we ended up with the wrong gas hob. Again the girls from the office tried to fix the issue; it took them a week to find out that the originally ordered gas hob is out of stock, and the delivery team decided to swap with another one. The delivered gas hob was an entirely different style, and we agreed with for a refund.

Their poor internal communication caused a month delay and a lot of discomfort for the family.

If you think the story ended up here, I can tell you that we are still waiting for a refund. More than one month passed, and their finance team can not manage to do a refund. The message which we received after one month of waiting states:
"... as I mentioned earlier, it takes time to process it as it goes through various departments.

The finance amount hasn’t been reduced just yet as things are now taking longer than usual due to reduced staff in our departments as some people are working from home or still on furlough."

Magnet has serious problems in their company, and if you want to have additional stress in your personal life, then go ahead and buy kitchens from them.
Magnet supplied us with windows, which became drafty and were difficult to open and close, one is now completely jammed. I have repeated asked for someone to come and look at them under their guarantee. At first they said it was an issue for Jenweld. When Jenweld were not the suppliers and the supplier they used at the time is no longer trading they started to ignore my correspondence. I have been trying to get a resolution for circa 6 months now and am no further forward. It seems they think if they ignore my complaint for long enough I’ll go away. Very disappointing.
It all looked great and the fitters were very courteous and efficient. After care/goodwill 2 yrs up the road, a very different experience. mixer tap in kitchen was 'wonky' from installation onwards. I told the plumber at the time that the cold tap part of the mixer was wobbly, and that the tap dripped alot after water was turned off. He said it was normal. Hmmm. Even as a non plumber I could see that it wasn't really right. Plumber came round and renewed the mixer tap. Same story. Wobbly handle, and did not close off immediately. Magnet offered another replacement, but with a different tap, as my original ones were obviously faulty. I asked if I could still have brushed steel, please, as that's preferable (to me) to stainless steel. No response to that. Still waiting, in fact. According to Magnet, but not to me!! the last plumber to visit via the company had 'fixed the problem', so pretty much, 'what was I on about ?'. He had indeed tightened the handle, which was great, and the 'repair' lasted 24 hours. I WAS PROMISED A REPLACEMENT TAP. When is this going to happen ? I am left singularly unimpressed at a hostile response to a perfectly obvious problem. Why would anyone have to argue with an apparently professional company? DON'T USE MAGNET. OH! And my built in dishwasher, insured after garuantee via D and G, cannot be repaired because it has been installed in a manner that renders it immovable from built in casing (door). The engineer has called twice to fix it. No success. Magnet did send their fitter round, who just asked me why the insurance engineer was unable to remove the machine from it's housing..... how on earth would I know !!! He pointed at 2 screws and told me all that was needed was to unscrew them. So second insurance engineer called, and still wasn't able to 'get at' the actual machine. Hence, a dishwasher that doesn't actually CLEAN properly, because no hot water seems to access it. No heat to dry contents. It's only saving grace is that at least the housing matches all the unit doors !!!! NOT what I had paid for, as, I in fact thought a dishwasher was supposed to wash crockery and cutlery, and saucepans. £15,000 and an absurd and protracted situation regarding replacement mixer tap, which was faulty from the outset. I'll never use Magnet again, and I would not recommend them to anyone
Magnet is rated 1.68 based on 47 reviews