Matalan Reviews

Over A Week
Returns & Refunds
Refunds Process
Difficult

Tell us how Matalan made you happy
Matalan 1 star review on 19th September 2018
JoThomson68
Matalan 1 star review on 26th July 2017
Hayley A
Matalan 1 star review on 21st July 2017
Matalan 1 star review on 21st July 2017
More Photos & Videos
I've kept item that I don't want because I refuse to pay such a high price for returns. My local store was notable to take the return.
I shall not use this site again
Hello Sarah, thank you for your feedback. It is unfortunate to hear that you wish to return your items, Unfortunately we do charge a small collection fee when returning items due to a change of mind as we don't accept returns to stores. My apologies regarding any inconvenience that that this may have caused, we do aim to be as transparent as possible with our returns information which can be found on our webpage. Kind regards
Tyrone
Not impressed with delivery charge. Most shops allow free collection in store. Which was even more frustrating was the return. Unable to return to store and asked to pay postage to return, then postage would have been added onto replacement product. In the end I kept the original item. Very poor online service compared to other high street reputable brands.
Hello Michelle, Thank you for your feedback. Its unfortunate to hear that you have been dissatisfied with your ordering ordering process as we try ensure our customers recieve the best quality service. We do not yet currently offer a click and collect service due to our current delivery infrastructure however it is something we will be implementing in our business within the near future.Furthermore we are unable to accept returns to store similarly for this reason however our collection will come and pick the parcel up from you directly on a day which is suitable for you,which does save having to take it into a store.We appreciate your feedback and i can ensure that we pass your information onto our courier service in order to provide the best experience we can for our customers. Kind Regards Tyrone
Had to ring to find out where my goods were took almost 10 days to deliver. Rug poor quality not as seem on web site. Wouldn't buy from them again
Hello Sandra, Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with your recent purchase, we try to ensure that all of our customers have a great experience when shopping with Matalan Direct. In regards to your delivery, we do typically advise 4-7 days for delivery however on occasion the process can take a little longer. Having looked into your order i can see that your order was placed on 19th May and delivered on 26th May which actually fits into our typical 4-7 day timescales. We understand that due to the nature of online shopping there will always be an element of customers returning items for various reasons, on this occasion you mentioned the quality was not as you expected. For this reason we do offer a 14 day returns policy whereby if our customers are unhappy with their purchase we can arrange for the item/s to be collected and issue a full refund, this also includes the original delivery charge. Please be aware that the collection charge attributed to the collection method is then deducted from your refund amount. We value your feedback Sandra and hope that your experience doesn't deter you from purchasing from Matalan Direct in the future. Kind regards Karl Burton Head of Customer Service Matalan Direct
The website did not explain clear enough that my dining table could be bought on its own or as part of a set. I had to buy the chairs seperatly which ended up costing a lot. The table is cheap looking, and the colour wiped away with a disinfectant spray leaving white marks.
Hello Janis Thank you for your feedback, We do provide a link in the product information section of our product page. Admittedly it could be slightly larger and clearer on the page, so rest assured this has been fed back to our content to team to review in order for this information to be easier to access. In regards to the quality of the product endevour to quality check as many orders as possible, however with the volumes passing through our distribution hub this is not possible on every occasion. We do however offer a 14 day returns policy to enable our customers to return items if they are dissatisfied or they have simply changed their mind. I have made contact in reference to the issues raised with the table and look forward to working with you to find a suitable resolution.

Kind regards
Tyrone
I ordered a dining table and 4 chairs. I waited in all day as the delivery men could not give me a time. They eventually turned up at 5.30pm.

To add to this, the table we were given could not be assembled as fixtures were wrong. We are still waiting for our replacement to be delivered- two weeks later- I spent £398 for this. Very poor, would not use again!!
Hello Shannon,

Thank you for your feedback.In regards to your delivery time, our courier service typically delivers between the hours of 9-5 however it seems as though unfortunately they were behind schedule on this occasion. My apologies for the inconvenience which this has evidently caused you, rest assured this information has been passed onto our delivery network in order to ensure incidents such as these do not occur again. Furthermore in regards to your replacement this issue has been escalated to our quality control team who will contact you this afternoon in order to get this situation resolved.Kind regards
Tyrone
The item purchased was not up to standard and sized incorrectly which means I had to go to the trouble of returning it.
I received an email telling me when the delivery would be if convenient but as I would be on holiday I asked for the date to be changed and left instructions where the item could be left if I was not in on that date. This email was totally ignored and I received 2 texts whilst abroad telling me they were delivering on the first date. Texts I had to pay for. On my return I found they had tried to deliver although they had had no ok answer from me to the texts and then the whole procedure started again with emails and dates. Not really impressed.
Products arrived damaged/ scratched, lots of marks of one description or another. Drawers for the bookcase are very flimsy. One of the plastic legs for the sideboard was in pieces. The inner shelves etc aren't the same colour as the outer.
Hello Vicki, Thank you for your feedback. Please accept our sincere apologies for the condition in which your order was received. I can see that you have been working with us to find a suitable resolution and agreed to keep the items at a discounted rate due to the minor damages described. The images provided have been forwarded onto our Quality Assurance team for their attention as we are always looking at ways to reduce defects and improve the quality of the goods we despatch. If you require any further assistance regarding your order please do not hesitate in contacting us. Kind regards Karl
I didn't have a good experience, took 7 days for my delivery to come & then only 2 out of the 3 items came, it took another 4 days for my 3rd item to arrive. The customer service received when phoning wasn't the best & clearly they do not record/log/ note anything on systems because different call handlers didn't know what the previous one had informed me. I did however get my delivery fee back but this is not the point. Products were as pictured though.
Hello Kelly

It's unfortunate to hear that you have had some issues whilst shopping with us, in regards to the delivery times we do advise 4-7 working days for delivery and your delivery has taken up to the latter end of our timescales.
Sometimes if their is a large order items do get split up and unfortunately that is what has happened on this occasion.My apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you , as we grow as a business we are constantly improving to try and provide the best service for our customers. so we will do our best to ensure that incidents such as this do not occur in future.
Kind Regards
Tyrone
I was not very impressed at all it took 3 e mails 2 phone calls to get my item returned. Was told I would receive returns note l'st class post ready for pick up on the Monday cos hadn't got printer so on Sunday b4 pickup had to go my sons for him to do it then hv had to pay £9 return, so don't bother.
Product colour not as expected. Delivery a complete nightmare. Had to see if it was at the depot, as it was not where DPD said it was ever!
Hello Amanda

It's unfortunate to hear about your dissatisfaction regarding your ordering process.

On this occasion due to the delivery address being a commercial address, our courier service did indeed encounter issue whilst trying to deliver you parcel.

This has unfortunately lead to a delay in you receiving your parcel.I can only apologise that this has occurred and we will of course try to ensure that incidents such as this do not happen in future.

We understand that on occasion our customers would like to return items as it is not to their taste, this is why we have in place our 14 day returns policy.

Kind Regards

Tyrone
gave up in the end wasted time on phone and delivery will shop elsewhere for other two bathrooms
I think you have asked the wrong person for a review, it has all been a bit of a disaster, and frankly do not have enough time or space to give a complete story of events, let's just say I am stil waiting for the order to complete.
The courier service used were appalling and a let down.
Very slow delivery. 13 days from ordering to delivery is too long in my opinion
I can't believe that in 2016 it takes an online business two weeks to deliver some small items from stock! Nothing else wrong with the website, the products, or the company, it's just that I've got so used to a very high level of service from other retailers and it makes your business seem very, very, slow by comparison.
Delivery process was slow and awkward.
Very slow delivery and as I couldn't log in I couldn't check the progress of the order.
I ordered a rug on 12/2 and it wasn't delivered until 24/2.
I doubt I'll order again from Matalan direct.
From the time of purchase & receiving the order,there were lot of confusions.
There is still an outstanding item missing of which i am still awaiting.
You should keep intouch with your purchasers until the orders has reached its address safely. i had a lot of problems in chasing the delivery
Ordered at the beginning of the year and it was stated a 7 - 10 day delivery.
Never came within the stated time and delivery was put to Tuesday 19th Jan when I was going to London for two weeks. Return email was sent to the delivery company saying I was away for two weeks and to make delivery once I was home. Apparently they only deliver on a Tuesday, so hopefully I will receive delivery on 9th Feb
hard to get hold of anyone,when you do they cant help you. returns are a nightmare .
Hi Jennifer

I’m really sorry to hear you had trouble getting hold of us. Our dedicated Customer Service team are available anytime from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday alternatively you can email us and we endeavour to respond within 4 business hours. We also recently launched live chat on our website to make it more convenient for customers to get hold of us.

I can see from our records you contacted us as you ordered a right hand shower bath but required a left hand shower bath. Unfortunately it is not possible to an exchange item and we do ask that a new order is placed and we will collect the original item and then issue a refund.

We’re constantly looking for ways to improve our service so I thank you for your feedback on our returns process. As you were unable to access a printer Sibby posted your returns note to you as requested. I’m sorry if this took longer than you were expecting to arrive. We would usually send this by email so that we can arrange a collection as soon as possible.

Your collection has now been booked and our couriers Final Mile will be in touch in due course to confirm a collection date by email and then phone.

Once the goods have been collected, we will issue a refund to you within 7 working days.

If there is anything else we can do for you please let us know.

I hope you have a great weekend!

John