Mazuma Mobile Reviews

Returns Process
Easy
Read Mazuma Mobile Reviews

About Mazuma Mobile:

Mazuma Mobile are UK’s favourite mobile phone recycling website. <br /> We re-home, on average, 150,000 mobiles per month - we're one of the leading mobile phone REUSE specialists in Europe and have already paid out over £68 million to 100’s of 1000’s of happy

0845 8723000

Alex Markov
Mazuma Mobile 1 star review on 14th February 2020
Alex Markov
More Photos & Videos
Don't be fooled. I got a quote (£75) for a used iPhone with nothing more than light scuff marks on the back. Everything else worked perfectly. Then after posting it, I am told the screen had 'white dots on it' which it clearly did not. They could only offer me £30. I rejected. I then got a text increasing to £40, again I rejected. It then took them 2 weeks to return it to me. Once they have your phone, they work on the premise that it's too much hassle to have it sent back. It sounds so easy but don't be fooled.
Deceitful Scammers

I had a look around before sending my phone off, several companies offered £135 to £147, Mazuma offered £120 with the “poor condition” box applied. Whilst the phone was actually in good condition, I undervalued it knowing how unscrupulous some of these companies can be (based off the negative reviews, I would never trust the positive reviews on websites such as TrustPilot as these are generally fake reviews (just Google “TrustPilot” fake reviews, and you’ll find a huge amount of evidence that shows how bad TrustPilot is, Joe Lycett actually did an investigation into this a few weeks back, and was able to set up a fake company with a fake product and have hundreds of fake positive reviews posted).

I was seeking a quick sale without having to advertise on the likes of Facebook. However it appears advertising on selling sites will probably be my best option.

The order was very straight forward, I printed the postage label and put the dispatch note in the box and sent it off. Of course a few days later, I received the classic “order revision” email.

They stated that my phone had “screen burn” which is a lie, there is absolutely no signs of screen burn on this phone, however from the negative reviews I’ve seen on the internet it’s clear that this is a tactic they use to low ball people into accepting a lower offer, they’re a very disingenuous company that lines up a reasonable offer to entice you in, and then tries to low ball you by lying and being deceitful. Imagine trying that hard to find flaws in a used phone that they’ll undoubtedly be selling at a large mark up.

The “Screen burn” scam goes a lot deeper than I originally thought, there’s a huge number of internet posts stating the same thing.

They stated the back cover is “non genuine Samsung”, which is correct, however I sold it on the basis of it being in “poor condition”, when the phone was actually free of cracks, smashes, dents, the difference between “genuine” and “non genuine” is very difficult to see, not to mention most people have phones in a case, and it’s a second hand device. I highly doubt someone buying a second hand 18 month old Samsung Galaxy S8 will care about whether the rear glass is genuine Samsung or not.

In summary;

- Don’t trust the TrustPilot positive reviews (TP is well known for fake reviews). You’ll notice how all of their positive reviews are marked as “verified”, and their negative ones aren’t.
- Mazuma are nothing more than grifters, chucking the old “screen burn” nonsense at people in the hope they’re stupid enough to accept a 70% less price.
At the risk of sounding like a typical disgruntled customer, I'm just so annoyed at these absolute charlatans. I sent in my iPhone 7 in perfect condition, and BOXED, in an also perfect condition original box, that had sat in a drawer since I first got the phone.
Like everyone else, I received a hugely knocked down offer (like, 25% of the original online offer) which I rejected and asked for my phone back. I then, later that evening, got a text from them with a revised offer, that I also rejected because it was rubbish and only £10 more than their first. They're obviously just chancing it.

From the day I got the phone, it was kept in a case with a screen protector on it. It looks brand new. They had a different opinion.

They eventually sent it back to me, without the box that I had sent it to them in. So now my ability to sell the phone privately has been hugely compromised.

I have nothing but contempt for you Mazuma, and you certainly don't care about people or their property. I hope you go out of business very, very soon.
They initially offered me £85 for a Galaxy S7 edge. They are now offering me £5 with some gibberish regarding level 2 LCD. I have read that it is an excuse they use with everyone! Now they told me they need 7 working days to return my device! I am asking them to send it ASAP! They are crooks!
Mazuma used to be the best recycler in the U.K. since they have been acquired the service has become appalling.

Prices lowered. Testing is slow. Bring back the old Mazuma
Offered a lot less as claimed phone had screen burn. When i received this back to check. Doesnt have screen burn at all
Rejected due to screen burn. Phone was perfect when sent.
Sent in Galaxy S9...they revised an offer down saying that the phone had screen burn.

First I've heard of that but we shall see when it comes back.

Wish I had read these reviews before sending off my item.
AVOID AT ALL COSTS! I was offered £65 for my Samsung S7 which was in great condition. When Mazuma received it they revised my price down to £5 as they said there was Level 2 screen burn and a new screen was required - totally untrue! I rejected their 'kind' offer.

The following day I received a text saying they had reassessed my phone which now had a red glow within the LCD (also incorrect) and they could now offer me £20. I also rejected this offer.

It then took 2 weeks and 3 phone calls to them before I finally received my phone back - in a different box.

I then sold my phone to O2 Recycle who offered me £56 and paid exactly that the same day they received it, proving to me that there were NO faults with my phone.
Awful company, lowered price of the phone down from 95 to 25. Claimed poor condition
Which I know it was not. Upon its return it has NEW dents and scratches, not returned in the original packaging and mazuma kept all the accessories. I'd avoid this company like the plague, refusing to send my accessories back. Thieving.
Don't ever use this company thay are a scam at first I thought wow this companys great I done a quote for my P20 Pro I explained I hacld a crack on the back off the phone and thay come back with a offer off £85 I thought that was a great price being I had a crack so then I sent the phone off thay sent me a email a few days later saying thay found mure faults with the phone and offered me £20 thay get your mobile and make up so much b..... S..... T and make out u had mure stuff with your mobile done waste your time with these dam idiots
Sent my perfect condition iphone X to them yesterday, quoted at £235. Today I received an email saying it was faulty as the camera had black spots visible, and they reduced the price to £70!!! I had taken a picture on both cameras before I sent it so I knew that they both worked perfectly fine. Obviously I rejected this and am expecting my phone to be returned to me in the next few days. I am hoping without the faulty camera, unless they decided to make it faulty on purpose?! Who knows. A complete SCAM!
Quoted me £256 for iPHONE X in perfect condition.

Sent it back, they have advised it has screen burn.

Knocked me down to £80, i nearly fell off my chairs! What a load of rubbish.

I have asked for phone back and they came back with another offer of £160.
Still an absolute joke.

I have used them with all my other phones and never had an issue, just another way to scam people, really disappointed in them!
I sent a S8 to mazuma got the standard screen burn scam I refused then got second slightly higher offer but stating different fault so I rejected .I got in touch with citizens advice who gave me some great advice about how to get my handset back and they are reporting them to trading standards as this seems to be the way they operate ..send a low offer because of made up faults of you reject you then get a slightly to get offer hoping you accept.....I sent a to the point email to customer services got my phone back the next day ...did it have screen burn no it did not it has now sold for more than I was originally offered by this bunch is thieves ....I did contact customer services about my handset because two different emails stated two different faults there agents reply was " we must have got your device mixed up with someone else's " absolutely shocking how many more handsets have they " got mixed up "
Avoid at all costs. They offer you a decent price but then create fake issues to drop their offer.
I had my phone checked over by Apple before sending to Mazuma and Apple advised it was in full working order with zero faults. Mazuma sent me an email shortly after receiving my phone to say the LCD was damaged and needed replacing. Offer was dropped from £160 to £54.25. Needless to say I have rejected this offer and have asked they return my phone, which I expect to receive in the condition it was sent to them. Without faults! Bunch of scammers!
Terrible, they make up faults to reduce the prices of your handset. £150 iPhone 8 down to £25 for ‘black spots’ on the lense. Joke
Sent a galaxy s8 to mazuma I know there was nothing wrong with ..got a email back saying " white marks on a white background " revised offer £25 instead of £105 So I rejected it asking for handset to be returned .today I receive a revised offer by text saying they have reviewed my handset and it now has a prominent red screen so the revised offer is now £40 So the apparent fault has now changed from white marks to a red screen ...bunch of con artists what kind of company are they do not use Mazuma
Absolutely appalling, sent my iPhone X which was in perfect working order having been quoted £266.
Get an email from them that the rear camera lens is cracked and my revised offer is now £110!!
I have declined this but not heard back, let’s see what happens. They can’t continue to get away with this! How many people would just be desperate for the cash and accept!!! Absolute jokers. I’m going to the ombudsman!! Do not use!!
Stay away from Mazuma, they do not honour their original offer to you, give you a poor excuse why it has to be lowered. Their customer service is weak, they do not come back to you promptly, hold onto your item, then eventually dispatch it back. Yet you are still waiting for a month and it has still not been returned with noone attempting to help you or find out what is happening to it. Everything about this company is terrible. Find other companies who can do the same better and far more efficiently.
Same as all other reviews.
Sent a pristine s9 which they value at £140 then email me saying screen burn and sain £40.00.
Have instructed them to return phone.
I would never use this company again.
Mazuma Mobile is rated 1.17 based on 238 reviews