Metro Bank Reviews

of reviewers recommend Metro Bank
1.5
Based on 72 reviews

Tell us how Metro Bank made you happy
i was there today at metrobank maasin branch and their customer service is the worst of all the banks, my intention was to open a savings account deposit cash not borrow money but instead of them the clerk and the manager help me they insulted me by saying what is your purpose in openning a savings account? what is your source of income ? we need proof of employment? they did'nt say it in a nice way..im a balikbayan by the way...so i went and open a bank account at BDO without a hinch, the metrobank corporate need to fire that manager and the new account clerk..
Very poor service take your money out before its to late they couldn't run a bath let alone a bank
I called to ask for annual fee waiver, customer service said they don't offer fee waiver THAT IS NOT TRUE! I'm also working in a financial institution, fee can be waived! Inconsiderate customer service!
Worst payroll account. Pay never arrive on time. My goodness!
Excrements. Waited 30 min for customer service to pick up. Noone did. Disgusting!!!
Stinking thieves don't not bank with these
Poor customer service. They can't even update contact number.
poor customer service in bank transaction - they are not friendly and act like they are not happy to help. they keelp you waiting and when you it's your turn they make you feel that theyre just doing their job. same with call center, agent is always in a hurry even if the questions have not been answered.
I definitely do not recommend this amateur bank to anyone! They have received some awards, but the quality and professionalism of this bank is below the post office in the average country. Employees do not know their product, cannot operate an application for cellphone created by this bank (amateur app!), cannot solve problems with Internet access for long months, ignore customer e-mails and complaints, do not know English, employee are absolutely not educated (maybe elementary school). Branches are not branches because employees check everything BY PHONE! They don't know the Internet, they don't have computers - nobody knows anything only how to take your money. Outrageously slow action and ignorance in every ward! This bank is a scandal!
Absolutely awful service. Spent two hours in the lobby just waiting for staff to speak with me. I tried to open an account as a Ukrainian and they spent half an hour searching on google if I come from occupied territory or not. After I provided the official UK government page for Russian sanctioned territories the manager said we do not care about UK guidance because we are a US owned bank follow our own rules. The manager promised to follow up on the matter with the head office and get back to me however it has been 3 days and the manager is not replying to any of my email.
Outdated practices. One has to go to the branch where the account was opened to update a contact information. You need to call their hotline once your bank has updated your record. Of course, you wouldn't know that right? There is no alerts.
Company very poor performance. Reseting password is impossible. Instructions on website not accurate. PLDT phone offline for 2 weeks. Does not answer emails for months. Updating mobile phone & mobile, offline. Not sure when it will resume. Head of Branch clueless. If you are abroad, beware of Metrobank. Impossible to communicate and resolve issues. Very poor performing bank.
Metro Bank 1 star review on 26th April 2022
Metrobank is so cold-hearted and ruthless. I requested multiple times for the reversal of a late charge because I paid 25 hours late due to the reason that we were hit by biggest typhoon in the Philippines and got rejected all the time. No compassion and consideration for regular people because BUSINESS for them is BUSINESS. Totally disappointed!
I'm in disbelief that these people are allowed to treat people this way and stay accredited. Please never trust these people with your money. their own staff are trained to fob and lie to customers. Their supposedly amazing customer service has disappeared, this is what drew me to them 7 years ago when I switched. Big mistake, I have since learned the smiles are there to mask the lack of willingness and ability to actually help the customer with any solutions. And after tonight's interaction I can see that they have given up bothering with the niceties too. The straw that has just broken the camel's back for me is that I have just called in the middle of the night as I have been ripped off by a faulty cash machine and was treated so awfully by their representative named KWAME from the card security team, who did nothing at all to help and tried to fob me off the phone. Obviously anxious, I asked him to leave a note on my account so that when i call tomorrow this can be verified as I cant afford to lose the £70 through lack of detail, I practically had to beg him for this, i then realised it was because he couldn't be bothered to go through security with me to actually access my account despite speaking as though he knew who i was and had my account open in front of him. When he reluctantly does so, he says he has left a note on my account and starts talking about a "cash advance" something i have never heard of and had nothing to do with my enquiry, he then retracts his statement and repeats back my predicament in minimal detail I then asked him if he could record that I asked him to note the cash machine's postcode. He tells me he can't do this and this is not how it's done or how he was trained. HE told me that the cash machines details are already recorded on the system and that he has the postcode in front of him, I tell him that i just want to be able to verify that i have made contact as soon as i possibly could to which he got aggressive and impatient. I ask him to read back the postcode he has in front of him to check it is the same as the one i got from the premises he then starts stuttering as he has been caught in yet another a LIE, the postcode was not there and he refused to note it on the account. at this point I ask to speak to his supervisor, he tells me there is no supervisor on the floor, so I ask him how I make sure his supervisor will know that it is he that i am talking about when i complain or call back in the morning. He claims that his details are on my account, he gave me no verifiable information for the follow up, I ask him if calls are recorded and he said yes and you can request that recording, so I do and it turns out that was a lie too. At this point im both irate and worried for my finances in the middle of the night. I asked him for his supervisors name, he refused, so I tell him what I have noted from the phone call so I know what to say when i call tomorrow and he hung up on me, leaing me wondering how will I survive if this goes wrong. I'm shaken and worried about my finances, the machine has taken £70 from my account and not dispensed the cash, this is a lot of money to me so I made sure to call the bank as soon as I got home, after checking my banking as i can see the transaction and that my balance has gone down. That money pays all of my utilities/ bills and my weeks food for both me and my disabled mum, in fact i take it out in cash so that I know to be careful and not overspend which is easier if you physically have the cash in front of you and can see how little you have left after each purchase. I honestly don't know what I will do if this money is not returned quickly. Please do not trust these people and let them put you and your family in this much uncertainty, distress and be treated so poorly.
My account got locked. I live overseas and due to pandemic, I can't even use my money as Metrobank atm have only limited access to certain few countries. Been contacting the customer service since August! No reply. NO reply. Now I even can't access my account as the bank had changed phone app policy!! Very poor service!! I would not recommend Metrobank bank!!
Not recommended When there is a problem they would not fix it and will mess it up with really awful customer service. This does not make up for the longer opening hours etc. I would not recommend this bank as you will need a bank that sorts out issues and not make it worse. I have an issue currently where the bank is holding MY money £500 in a holding account and said it might take 6 months to get it back and they would not give me any update.
I am a business customer. The new website is appalling! Hard to navigate. Impossible to printout recent transaction. In order to print out the Payment Successful screen, you have to high light the info that you require. If you just right click and select print you get 2 pages of the side bar headings. While RBS displays the payment date on the Payment Successful screen MetroBank doesn't, why not? Already have accounting software why are you trying to sign me up for some thing else? Security - no card reader unlike other banks. Login screens have been designed by programmers not users. Cannot recommend. Thinking of changing banks.
AVOID THIS BANK! Day three of my account being frozen I have no money to eat, no money to pay bills, it is a complete failure on their part. Their security department is unreachable and they will not help me in my time of need. Safe to say all faith has been lost in this banks ability to problem solve. Waiting fifteen days for a solution is nowhere near acceptable. This procedure clearly needs a review and they need to sort their internal communications because a security department that is unreachable is ridiculous. My mental health is taking a serious hit from this situation, having to borrow money and hope everything works out in time and I don't fall into rent arrears and into late payments, I have tried my hardest to stress this is a very serious matter for me but every person I speak to simply says unfortunately there is nothing I can do for you at the moment, they just don't seem to care about the problems they are causing me! Please do yourself a favour and avoid this 'bank' at all costs!
Metro Bank is rated 1.5 based on 72 reviews