Miniature Market Reviews

of reviewers recommend Miniature Market
Read Miniature Market Reviews

About Miniature Market:

The one stop shop for every gamer. We have everything from board games, to minis, Magic, and more!

877-326-4429

support@miniaturemarket.com

Benjamin G
Dean W
Dean W
I was very disappointed with my recent order from Miniature Market. I had bought several items to be placed on hold until my pre-orders arrived. After taking my money and holding it for several months, I was then told after I requested shipping, that 3 different items that were not pre-order that I ordered were no longer in their inventory. What that basically means is that they sold a product that I had already paid for in hopes that they would get more in before I requested shipping. This is a bad business practice and shows the greed of trying to squeeze out more money at the risk of their reputation and the good will of their customer. It's like the Seinfeld episode where Jerry reserves a car for rent and when he gets there, it's been rented to another customer. Jerry says "that's the entire purpose of reserving the car. That it's here for me to use!" A simple "sorry" doesn't cut it as now the 3 items are at a much higher price from other sites. Bottom line - if you order and pay for an item that is to be held, you have probably a 50-50 shot of it actually being held for you once you want it shipped. They will double sell your item to make an extra buck AND keep your money as well. Very poor practices.
I was disappointed that the return for over $300 will take a 15% restock fee. We bought these for an orphanage home near us. My wife and I are retired and try to help out every year as these kids get nothing many times. My wife errantly ordered the expansion game and not the base game, an honest mistake. Seems very rude we will pay almost $50 for trying to help o9ut the needy. Oh well, we will just from another company.
Anthony, What a nice gesture! We can imagine how upset you must have been when you realized you ordered the wrong game. After looking into this issue, I do see that we sent you prepaid return shipping labels to cover the return shipping cost for you. We also offered to waive the restocking fee if you wished to choose another game for the children or if you wanted store credit to use for your future donations. Regretfully, we did apply the 15% restocking fee for your cash refund that you requested per our store policy.
This was my first time shopping with miniature market. The up to 75% off on Zombicide sale is what initially brought me in. Everything that I ordered was packaged immaculately and I received it within a very quick time frame. I will definitely be ordering through miniature market again.
Miniature Market 5 star review on 12th March 2021
Awesome selection. Prices reasonable. Some items but pricey but others well below other shops. Putting in another order
Good items. Also a verry helpfull and fair staff. Helps out if you have questions.
Miniature Market used to be my go-to OLGS but not anymore. In 2018 I placed a preorder for a game and patiently waited several months for it. The other online stores repeatedly got the game in stock but MM never did. I patiently waited and asked the Customer Service Reps 2-3 times about it when I called to release other orders. Each time I was told they had no information about an ETA. One weekend a friend of mine showed up with the game at a game day and informed me that he had just bought it that week off the shelf at the Miniature Market store...meanwhile I still waited for my preorder. I called the next day to inquire and was told again that they didn't know when they would be getting the game. So I cancelled my preorder after several months so that I could buy from another retailer. Soon after this I received an email from MM threatening to take away my Hold and Preorder capabilities for cancelling my preorder. This was after spending thousands of dollars with them and patiently trying to work with them regarding my preorder. I have not ordered from them since. The prices are great, The customer service reps are usually friendly and they package the games for shipment really well but I was really surprised and disappointed in how they handled my issue and there are other OLGS's that will take my money and appreciate it.
This is the least accommodating and slow working customer service I’ve worked with recently. None of their efforts or policies are aimed at the customer. They seemed to be aimed at making sure they (CSRs) don’t have to work to hard. To be honest, the only reason I shop with you is because at the time CSI doesn’t have what I want. And your competitors do it better and faster at roughly the same price.
Anthony, Thank you for providing a review. We are sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations and we we would love to make things right. Please contact our customer service manger, Dave, (877-326-4429 or support@miniaturemarket.com) with details about your experience so we can look into the issue. Thank you.
3rd time I have ordered from MM with massive delays. Do not preorder and add something avilable in your cart..they will not split it..by the time this last order came in. They models were useless on the table as new stuff had been released
Jason, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Orders that include preorder items do not ship until all items in the order have released. That being said, our customer service team is happy to split an order containing a preorder so that you may enjoy the games that are available, sooner. Any applicable shipping charges would apply. Please contact them at support@miniaturemarket.com next time you would like to split an order. Thank you.
Out of all the times I have had ordered from MM, I have only had 1 problem and their customer service was able to help me almost instany. I use their services for most of the minis I ever need.
I appreciate having an alternative to Amazon but overall product availability and selection is disappointing. Outside that I have no complaints
Hi Matthew, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sad to hear you feel our product availability and selection are disappointing. Would you mind sharing with us some feedback or suggestions you may have that could help us improve? Please send your feedback to our customer service team via email (support@miniaturemarket.com) or phone (877-326-4429). Thank you.
I love Miniature Market, BUT after I ordered and paid this item, and put it on hold for shipping later- I was later refunded my $ because the item was out of stock. I really like the art and was bummed when the item I had on hold was gone. Also I could not find another copy of it anywhere else for any price. I put the item on hold because I was about to move from Oregon to Colorado.
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We're sorry to hear that your item was no longer available, even after you selected to leave it on customer hold. We’re normally known for our exceptional attention to detail, and we regret that we missed the mark. Please feel free to reach out to our customer service team via email (support@miniaturemarket.com) or phone (877-326-4429) with any feedback or suggestions. Thank you again for shopping with us!
Reliability has declined the last 6 months or so
Hi Michael, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sad to hear you feel our reliability has declined. Would you mind sharing with us some feedback or suggestions you may have that could help us improve? Please send your feedback to our customer service team via email (support@miniaturemarket.com) or phone (877-326-4429). Thank you.
10/10 would recommend to supplement my Rime of the Frostmaiden campaign.
Miniature Market 5 star review on 10th September 2021
I like them but they should at least include 3d20's instead of 2 for momentum buys or a full set of maximum 5d20's allowed to roll by the rules. I have the original versions and they came with 3d20 at least.
Wonderful addition to my collection. Contains rules for aerospace and ground vehicles so I can surprise my friend next time we play BT
Miniature Market 5 star review on 31st August 2021
I had this backpack for two months. It was perfectly fine and working as intended. The bag wasn’t even fully packed and as I was going up the stairs a piece on the strap snapped and the bag fell down a flight of stairs. Many of board games in the bag were thrown around pieces everywhere internally. This was very disappointing. Especially since this product was recommended by a friend.
Miniature Market 1 star review on 29th August 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so sorry that your Board Game Bag: Backpack is damaged. We take pride in the quality of products we offer to our customers. It looks like you spoke with customer service and we sent a replacement. Thank you for supporting Miniature Market.
The Descent: Legends of the Dark box came damaged with a large dent on the corner and one corner ripped halfway down, and another ripped 1/3 of the day down. The shipping box was undamaged, meaning the damage did not happen in transit, but at Miniature Market's warehouse. That thing was wrapped in so much bubble wrap I could have driven my truck over the shipping box and it'd have probably been okay. Descent is very expensive so this was especially disappointing not to have a mint product. Additionally, 2 hero miniatures and 1 monster miniature had broken pieces upon opening--I'm assuming because of the blunt drop damage that didn't happen in shipping. I went onto FFG's website for broken/replacement parts and they directed me to Miniature Market. Went onto Miniature Market's website and they directed me to FFG and indicated I was pretty much out of luck if the product had been opened. Doesn't seem that I'll get anything handled that way so I'm keeping it and I'll not be ordering from Miniature Market again.
Christopher, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad to hear that your product was packaged safely and securely. Miniature Market takes pride in the packaging and shipping of our products. We sincerely apologize that The Descent Legends of the Dark was damaged. Regretfully, we have not received any calls or emails from you regarding your order. A member of our customer service team will be reaching out to you today to assist you with the issue. Thank you!
Never got the miniature. Eventually got a message that it wasn't possible to ship, so I would get my money refunded. Never got my money either.
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We know how much you were anticipating receiving your minis; it is so disappointing that the product was damaged in transit. Our records show that you received a full refund. A customer service team member is looking into the refund and will be reaching out to you shortly. Thank you again.
they shipped me the king's dilema - there is no way they will look to see if it is still on the shelf, nor will they ship it to me if they sent it to the wrong person if they return it. i should keep checking back to see if it is back in stock later - not possible for the phone lady to communicate at all with the warehouse people email nor by phone - they did refund my $116.60 in a semi timely fassion
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We apologize that we shipped the wrong item to you and we understand how frustrated you must feel. Please be assured that we are constantly working on improving our processes so that errors like this do not happen. We have received the correct minis back. It looks like our customer service team reached out to you earlier today to let you know that we have the booster to send out to you. Thank you again. We appreciate your business.
Unable to review as they changed this to another item so they had to refund. But this was the main part of my order so it left me a little disgruntled after waiting so long with all the release date push backs
Hi Larry, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We understand how frustrating it is when the manufacturer's release date of products are pushed back, or even when a new product is discontinued. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your business.
Miniature Market is rated 4.88 based on 12,470 reviews