MotoNovo Finance Reviews

of reviewers recommend MotoNovo Finance
Read MotoNovo Finance Reviews

Tell us how MotoNovo Finance made you happy
For the last 5 years I have had my car finance from this company, and I can honestly say that their customer service has been excellent. They were totally supportive and helpful to me during this last year when I was struggling financially, and I am very appreciative of that.
I applied for re-finance on my motorbike agreement as I was due to make a balloon payment (which I wouldn't have been able to pay such a large sum- Covid and all)- MotoNovo were really helpful- in the months leading up to the expected payment date they sent me paperwork for me to read through so I can understand my options. When I called and spoke to an advisor- they were really helpful and when I went through to make the re-finance application I spoke with a man named: 'Mike' who was brilliant on the phone (which helped with my anxiety)- really chatty and clearly enjoyed his job! The process has been really smooth and it has been a breeze! I would recommend them to anyone- and best of all I get to keep my motorbike
Brilliant company - no problem with securing finance for my vehicle. Paid every month for 3 years plus my bubble payment. No need to contact them as they lent me the money they didn't choose the car for me and any issues were dealt with by the car dealership - Evans Halshaw. Was accepted for a personal loan also which was approved without any problems and was able to make extra payments when I had extra cash available. The app worked perfectly and their interest rates are comparable with other companies unless you can borrow from friends or family of course!
Bought a van through a garage called 'Transporterland' 5 years ago using MotoNovo Finance. Have made every payment on time and have been very happy with their communications and service from day 1, quick turn-around on the loan initially and no problems since. Call centre can take a while to reach sometimes and the security on the app sometimes causes it to lock you out meaning you have to phone and have them manually unlock it but that's not too much hassle.
I have been buying cars on finance for many years through various finance companies....I found Motonovo 3 cars ago and will not buy through anyone else! They have been brilliant. I even used the find and fund my car last time and went from Kent to Colchester to get a car! I would recommend to everyone! Quite refreshing in an industry swarming with "Sharks".
Great finance company very helpful over the phone when taking out a policy with them. Offering services which a lot of other company's wouldn't becuase of my age. They even took the time to call me a month after taking out the policy to make sure I was happy with all their services and if their was anything else they could do to help. Once again great customer service.
Fabulous company. I first used MotoNovo for car finance which was the best experience I've ever had in buying cars over a 30 year period. Efficient, helpful, friendly and super smooth. I recently took out an unsecured personal loan with MotoNovo. The whole process took minutes and funds were in my account within two hours. The interest rates are excellent and I suspect MotoNovo is shaking up the industry with brilliant service and amazing competence.
I see a lot of bad reviews and negative comments, not really sure what happened in their situation but I had not problems with Motonovo. Decent loans, affordable payments and a small discount for paying it early. Not made of money myself but I limited myself on what car to get, went for a 2010 Golf, kept my feet on the ground. Got a feeling that most negative reviews come from people punching above their league, not reading the contract.
Cheapest place I could get finance including my own bank. No issues what so ever. Very helpful staff on the phone and online. When our cars paid back we will probably use them for finance again.
I’ve personally had no issues with MotoNovo finance. I have just paid off my finance early. I borrowed around £9k and only paid just under £2k in interest over 5 years. They are always helpful on the phone. And am currently setting up another finance with them for new vehicle. My only issue is that there’s not much they do over the phone and tell you to go online or the app to make changes or payments. Also when I took out my first policy I did it over the phone and now they only let you apply online or through dealership which is annoying as sometimes you just want to speak to a person.
My situation isn't great because I'm four months now with a van that I've had issues with from day one, worst vehicle I've ever had and the van dealer is denying any defects we're present at point of sale, this is after they stated no known faults. Motonovo have never failed to answer calls from me I've called them many times and everyone has been very pleasant to deal with. Motonovo at this point are organising a vehicle rejection which I'm hoping will be done shortly. I think their terms and repayments are good for someone like me who has little credit history. I shall update my review once my defective van is resolved. 4 stars and not 5 because we are not yet quite there with these issues.
Good in terms providing the finance. They provide option of overpayment. But if you dont call and request for reducing interest on your account they continue to charge interest (ignoring overpayment) which I feel is kind of ripoff. They have an automated system which facilitates the payment and can easily adjust the interests for overpayment but they dont do it as it helps them to rake in millions I imagine. Not a sensible approach especially in times when people are strugling due to Covid19.
No problem with the staff or the company as such but can never get hold of them unless you want to wait 30+ minutes, also could never log on to there system as always down or didn’t recognise log in details. Need to invest in more staff and bigger call centre
Motonovo screwed up my husbands Credit file despite bringing his account completely up to date 6 weeks ago and still reporting that his credit file is 4 payments in arrears. After a year not being able to work due to the pandemic he has just starting to get back to work only to have jobs pulled due to his credit file as he needs to be able to prove he can fund the work etc. Motonovo never informed him of any arrears and the DD was in place at the bank for them to take. He hasn't got out of bed now for last 4 days and I suspect suffering with the onset of Depression due to the loss of work - something he has never once displayed. MotoNovo you are a disgrace - he has posted comments on Trust Pilot and all you ever respond is with your usual response and when he forwards the relevant information you do nothing about it. DO NOT TAKE OUT FINANCE WITH THIS COMPANY - WE ALSO HAVE FINANCE WITH SANTANDER WHO HAVE BEEN EXCELLENT
2019 I purchased a vehicle on the forecourt for £12,995 at that time I had a vehicle that was on finance but not reliable so Motonovo said the £500 deficit from my old car would be put on the new car. This would bring the cost of the car to £13,495. No problem, monthly instalments are in my comfort zone, the garage personally tells me I have been given an excellent APR rate because they work very closely with MotoNovo, me being a little hoodwinked, I totally fall for it and didn't check the overall end figure until too late. Contacted MotoNovo around 25 days after because I was sorting through the vehicle maintenance paperwork and start to read the finance agreement, shocked to say the least that they split my finance into two separate loans on one account. Which brought the value of the car and the added £500 over the APR rate which wasn't excellent, it was 13%. Spoke to the most obnoxious customer service agent, who belittled me because I said the words "not sure I understand". Two years later, I have an early settlement figure of £11,000. Please check the fine print, don't trust the garage's word like I had and don't back down when you're not sure you've got the best deal. Certainly don't want this happening to someone else.
Like many millions affected by the pandemic Motonovo have been horrendous, they have knackered up my credit file even though I have paid out to get it back up to date - had no issues with Santander whatsoever with the exact same circumstances. Don’t touch Motonovo with a barge pole if you value your credit rating.
Don't touch this company they rip you off they will charge you even though it's not your fault and you have to fight to get the payments back how many don't. I had a car loan I would rather walk than have another loan with this company
I would not go near this company. Please avoid avoid !! Total rip-off
Approached the company for the Covid loan moratorium. They sent me endless questions and some absurd statements including '£12 on food pp per day is very high'. I sat with my head in my hands until lunch (which I didn't find particularly tasty). AVOID - if they can't honour a government-approved loan moratorium during the COVID pandemic you can imagine what tactics they would be conjuring up during normal times.
Absolutely a total rip off really bad company with no people skills at all . paved over £16000 over 60 month never ever missed a payment. didn’t realise it was 10% apr I phoned towards the end for maybe 50 pound knocking off the final payment no way they replied I’m not a moaner but thats shocking considering theve had about 3k interest avoid like the plague folks really bad outlet!!!!!! Don’t make the same mistake I did x 👌👍
MotoNovo Finance is rated 1.53 based on 80 reviews