MyDogtag.com Reviews

of reviewers recommend MyDogtag.com
Read MyDogtag.com Reviews

About MyDogtag.com:

Design & order your own Customized Military Grade Dog Tags with the online Dog Tag Generator!

888-364-8244

support@mydogtag.com

Tell us how MyDogtag.com made you happy
Product is acceptable, but not near the quality of the original dog tags issued by the Air Force.
Thanks for your feedback, but if would be helpful if you confirmed which tags you ordered. The standards changed many over times over the years, for example the dogtags issued in the 50s are very much different than tags issued today.
My 16-year-old granddaughter wanted a copy of her Pop's dog tags. (He was killed suddenly by a lightning strike). I ordered these and they were nice but they were much thicker than the original. The steel looked almost like plastic. I could have possibly ordered the wrong type of tags. If I ordered another tag is there a way to be sure I get some more like Pop"s that were issued in 1965?
Hi Jimmy, Thanks for your feedback. Ironically our most common complaint we get is that our tags are "too thin", whereas you are suggesting they are "too thick". This is indicative of the many suppliers used by the military over the years (50s,60s, 70s) whereby the thickness changed depending on the manufacturer. Nevertheless our replica tags are indeed made of military-spec 304 stainless steel, they are most definitely not made of plastic!
Gave a 3 star rating based on the dog tags themselves. In no way are they as thick of a metal like the army issued me. Disappointed in the quality.
Too thin, not like original
Hi Tommy, Thank you for your review. Our reproduction notched dog tags are made to the same thickness as current military specifications which calls for .014" thickness. Tags from WW2/Korea were manufactured thicker and these tag stocks would be used until they ran out even though the specifications had changed over the years. We are always looking for ways to improve our products to better serve veterans and their families and sourcing thicker tag stock for older veterans is on our list. Thank you for your military service.
I recently order a set of black dog tags. I received them fairly quick. All of the submitted information was correct, even though now I wish I hadn't given my SSAN, security reasons. Not accusing this company of anything, just my after thought. Upon receiving the dog tags I was greatly disappointed in one thing. I believed I was ordering a set of the old dogtags, the thick metal with the notch. The ones I received was very thin metal. I wore my old tags as a Medal of honor, was afraid I would lose them so I put them away and ordered these. I started wearing the new tags. I wore them to the gym. The first set of bench press the tags bent when I touched the bar to my chest. So needless to say, I'm now not wearing any dog tags. When ordering tags be aware they may not be what you hoped for or thought you were ordering.
I had recently added an updated review right after a bad experience I had with the company. I would take it down if I could find it only because it serves no purpose to lower myself to that person's standards. A brother or sister in arms should NEVER treat another so disrespectfully.
Dear Anonymous, It seems that you may have us confused with a different dogtag company. We are dedicated to honoring and providing veterans with the utmost respect and service when replacing lost dogtags. Here are a few of the veteran charities we support: www.mydogtag.com/blog/giving-back-to-the-community
As a veteran I wanted my Canadian dog tag ..ordering was easy and delivered fast. I got the 24 k plated one.but no where does it say 24k..why when I payed for it
Hi Russell, Thanks for your feedback and your military service. It is not normal Jeweler practice to mark something as 24K gold when it is only plated gold, this is normally only done when it is solid gold. For your reference we use this gold plating solution: https://www.goldplating.com/collections/bath-gold/products/24k-bright-gold-solution?variant=22830575239
The chain turned my neck green
Hi Angela, That's because you ordered a brass chain. Brass will oxidize over time and create a patina effect. This is normal and is to be expected. You can learn more about this effect here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patina Please contact us via email and we can arrange to send you a stainless steel chain which does not have this issue.
Wish the metal were actual military grade.
Hi Jose, Our blank Dog Tags are made in the USA of military spec 304 stainless steel. They are the same tags as used by the US military and will pass inspection.
They were for my dad. He liked them, but could tell they were not Military grade.
The debossing was not very sharp, difficult to read.
Hi Jack, Thanks for your feedback. We actually recommend that customers use the more modern EMBOSSED font which is crisp and easy to read. Nevertheless we do offer the old DEBOSS style font for the sake of era specific authenticity. Although they are indeed 'readable' these debossed tags were actually designed to be used with transcription equipment in the field so that a medic could quickly make a 'carbon copy' of the tags information onto a piece of paper (like the old mechanical credit card receipt machines).
tags were very thin and not much like original tags
My original dog tags included blood type and rh factor, why have you left rh out?
Hi Joseph, We made your dogtags exactly as you submitted them to us. If you used one of our Dogtag creation templates for the 60s era (or prior) then the Rh+ factor may not be listed on the form (since that technology was not generally available until the mid-60s). Even if you use one of our templates you can still make manual modifications to it on the preview page to include any information you require (such as Rh factor).
I thought I was getting a lay flat link but didn't. Also why don't you plate them? Gold chain, gold dog tags; but stainless link? Gotta keep it the same. Was going to plate the link but never got it. Pretty sure I ordered it. Not on my receipt either. I clicked no bead thing because I clicked the lay flat link.
Hi Travis, Thanks for review. According to our records you neither ordered chains nor a lie-flat pinch bail with your gold plated tags. Please reply to your original confirmation email so we can further investigate. Thanks
The stamped out print was so small it is extremely hard to read or identify. Would not order a second set.
Thanks for your review. Our tags are made according to era specific military specs, and the font can indeed be hard to read for some people, especially the debossed font. If era specific authenticity is not important to you we recommend using the modern embossed font, or even the extra large embossed font to make the tags easier to read.
Sorry but nothing compares to my original tags. But I THANK U VERY MUCH.....
Hi Beth, we go to great lengths to ensure our replica tags match your originals as closely as possible. We understand that is is disappointing that you will never be able to recover your lost original tags, but we are proud to be able to offer veterans such as yourself the opportunity to make near identical replicas.
I thought you would put religious preferences on the tags I guess that is not what you do to make it like the tags that are issued other than that they are good
Hi Charles, We made your dogtags the way that you submitted them to us, since you did not provide a religious preference on the form that line was left blank. Please refer to the proof image that was emailed to you after you placed your order. As a courtesy we can offer to remake your tags, please email us to discuss.
I have not received them yet
Not receive it
Was supposed to come with a P38. But i never recieved the P38.
Hi Gary, please refer to the proof image that we emailed you after you placed your order. It seems that you did not order, nor were you charged for a p-38 can opener.
MyDogtag.com is rated 4.73 based on 887 reviews