My Food Bag Reviews

of reviewers recommend My Food Bag
Email, Live Chat, Telephone
Read My Food Bag Reviews

About My Food Bag:

We're your answer to "what's for dinner?" with fresh ingredients and easy recipes to cook delicious dinners, delivered to you.

hello@myfoodbag.co.nz

My Food Bag 5 star review on 7th April 2021
Sue
My Food Bag 5 star review on 7th April 2021
Nicole
Amee
Varied and delicious meals that are reasonably low in calories. The only negative is the packaging which is improving over time.
(My Choice (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 months ago
Kia ora Celia :) Thanks for your review!!

We are pleased to hear that you have being enjoying the meals and trying out some you possibly usually wouldn't!

We completely hear you in regards to the packaging and we aim to be as sustainable as we possibly can. We have a team dedicated to sustainability and are working hard to do our bit, and we will continue to work on this!

-Jess Couscous
After trying alternative food bag options I chose My Food bag as the recipes looked healthy and filling. I wasn’t disappointed as the ingredients that came were of a really high quality, with some quality brands. The portion sizes have also been great with the box for 2 often being enough for both dinner and one lunch-so helpful with a busy schedule and kids. I would rate the types of proteins and iron rich foods as excellent-with the amount of fat kept low and the sauces and dressings being low sugar too. Great nutritional values for our vegetarian family! Love my food bag and would rate way above competitors.
Kia ora Emily!!

Thanks for your review.

We are so pleased to hear that you have been loving My Food bag and that it has made life that little bit easier :) We really value high quality ingredients from local suppliers where ever possible. We are big on supporting local!

We look forward to getting more veggie goodness out to you and your family
Fresh Start meals offer a variety of meals that are well balanced and tasty. Recipes use ingredients that are seasonal and the staples that are needed from your pantry is kept to a minimum. It takes the hassle out of meal planning and is cost effective.
Was skeptical about the idea of My Food Bag but now I look forward to seeing what is on the menu for the following week!!
(Fresh Start (5 Nights For 4)) - Posted 2 months ago
This is so great to hear Andrea! We love to help our Foodies out with simple and delicious meals 😊
- Frankie Frankfurter 🌭
Our family loves the veggie box! Great selection of meals, easy for a busy family and the kids love to help cook!
(My Veggie (3 Nights For 4)) - Posted 2 months ago
Kia ora Danielle! Thanks so much for your amazing feedback 😊
- Frankie Frankfurter 🌭
Gone are the dreadful days thinking about "Whats for tea, tonight"..... Do I have what I need? Do I need to rush to the supermarket after work??
I know I have everything I need at home ready and waiting to be put together with a simple to follow recipe. The meals are full of flavor and healthy. I love My plant based food bag meals and look forward to "Whats for tea".
(My Plant Based Bag (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 months ago
Kia ora Debi! There's nothing better than a delicious plant based meal to end the day 😊 We look forward to delivering more and more exciting new meals for you to try out!
- Frankie Frankfurter 🌭
Loving our veggie foodbag. Meals are so delicious and it’s helping my partner learn to cook which is a bonus!
(My Veggie (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 months ago
Kia ora Emma! So great to hear that there is another keen pair of hands in the kitchen 😊
Thanks for your support ❤
- Frankie Frankfurter 🌭
Delicious food, easy to prepare recipes and healthy. Lots of tasty products not easy to get hold of in rural NZ. Makes meal time more interesting but what I really love is not having to decide what we are having for dinner.
(My Choice (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 months ago
Kia ora Susan! We're so stoked to be able to share beautiful local produce with you 🙂 Happy cooking!
- Frankie Frankfurter 🌭
Since switching to the my choice bag, there has been no consideration to whether or not recipes share ingredients. I don’t need 3 heads of lettuce in a week, or 4 cucumbers. I’ve also provided feedback on the delivery before - I’ve had one courier driver let himself into my house before (creepy as hell, I complained but I don’t believe anything was passed on) and I’ve had another literally drop the box over my gate leaving it so close that there is no way they could’ve placed it on the ground and as a result having the tomatoes in the box break everywhere.
(My Choice (3 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 months ago
Kia ora Ella,

We're very sorry to hear about the delivery experience which you've had! This is definitely out of the norm. Whenever problems occur, please know that these get treated seriously and get passed onto the appropriate teams to follow up so that improvements are made. We hope that the delivery issues have since been resolved, however if you do have any concerns, please get in contact with us at hello@myfoodbag.co.nz.

With regards to the My Choice Bag, ingredients are currently not shared between recipes. This is because each week there are 10 recipes to choose from and not all of our Foodies select the same recipes. We have however made sure to pass your feedback on to the wider team.

Kindest regards,

- Michelle Mango 🥭
My food bag is great It saves on time thinking about what to have for dinner and it always has a wide variety and food you normally wouldn't make. Have recommended to friends and family and would.happily recommened to others considering it.
(My Choice (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 months ago
Kia ora Adrian, thanks for your review :)

It's super awesome to hear that My Food Bag has made dinner time easier! We look forward to delivering you more delicious recipes ❤️

- Michelle Mango 🥭
I am enjoying trying the new recipes from My Food Bag and have made some the the meals without the pre-prepared ingredients which has impressed my family and friends as I have never enjoyed cooking from scratch.
I especially appreciate the fact ingredients are mainly locally sourced.
(My Veggie (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 months ago
Hey Sarah-Jane, Thanks so much for your message, we are really stoked to hear that your loving the locally sourced produce and impressing your friends and family! - Mel Mozzarella
We love the meals from 'My Food Bag. My choice is great as we can choose which meals we prefer. My only complaint would be the way the box is packed, it looks like everything is just thrown in and no care taken. The bags of lettuce and spinach have quite often been at the bottom with heavy stuff on top leaving it squashed and limp.
(My Choice (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 months ago
Hey Amanda, cheers for the review! Sorry to hear that the lettuce and spinach has taken a bit of a hit in transit, we'll let out packing teams know about this! Besides this we are stoked that your loving the My Choice range so far! - Mel Mozzarella
Love the variety of meals that you can choose from, so simple to use the app, and can stop deliveries when I don't need them very easily. The customer service is excellent as well.
(My Choice (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 months ago
Hey Laney, cheers for the lovely review! We are stoked to hear that its easy to manage your account and we'll let the customer love legends know to keep up the good work! - Mel Mozzarella
Love the food, love the recipes. Got us out of our cooking rut
Aww thanks, Kate! We're sending that love right back at you! - Mel Mozzarella
We absolutely love receiving My Food Bag each Sunday night. Its like Christmas as I don't get to look what's coming prior so as we unpack the box and read the recipes the excitement begins. What I also love is that my hubby and I get in the kitchen together and it is very easy to give him a job whereby we are whipping up these yummy creations collaboratively. In fact anyone who comes for dinner can help!
My Food Bag 5 star review on 27th January 2021
(My Plant Based Bag (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 months ago
Oh, Tracey! What a great idea, getting everyone in the kitchen to help! We have always been about bringing families together over dinnertime, so we are beyond excited to read your message and see your family all cooking together! Thanks so much for the feedback and lovely photo! - Mel Mozzarella
My Food Bag is great. The meal for two option is fine for me and two kids. The recipes are unfailingly tasty and original. Kids love the variety and we are really enjoying the vegan and vege options. Deliveries are consistent and well packaged and with the exception of some tired looking carrots (we all know how long carrots last, so it isn't down to weather and delivery stress) the fresh produce is very good. We are continuing for as long as we get these great meals with easy to follow instructions. No one paid me to say these things and i am not interested in free stuff - it's just how it is.
(My Choice (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 months ago
Hey Tim, thanks so much for your feedback! We are stoked to hear that the generous portions are enough for you and your two kids! Sorry about those pesky carrots, we have let our suppliers know about these. We will let the Veggie chefs know to keep up the good work! - Mel Mozzarella
My food bag continues to impress us with changing menus, fresh food. Our end of day cooking is no longer stressful. We also use my food bag for calorie control :)
(My Choice (5 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 months ago
Hey Karen, cheers for the review! We're stoked to hear you are loving the variety of meals and that dinner time has become less stressful! Here's to a tastier, less-stressful year ahead! 🙌 - Mel Mozzarella
Outstanding!
We (family of two) absolutely love My Food Bag My Choice, the food is incredible and the quality of the products are even better. We love the fact that we get to choose from a wide variety of dishes, we also love that we get a seafood option once a week! The meals are quick to make with easy to follow recipes which make them perfect after a long day of work.
We have really noticed a difference in our health as well, as we are filling our bodies with healthy food instead of quick processed options/takeaways.
Thanks again My Food Bag! You have changed our lives - and our taste buds!
My Food Bag 5 star review on 27th January 2021 My Food Bag 5 star review on 27th January 2021
(My Choice (5 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 months ago
Aww, Brendan! We are over the moon to read your lovely review! We're thrilled that My Choice has made life a bit healthier for you, great work on the plating up too, it's just like the photo! We'll pass on your message to the rest of the team, have a wonderful weekend ahead! - Mel Mozzarella
I have found all ingredients to be fresh and the meat chicken fish excellent quality and the best before date gives me plenty of time to cook them if I have a day off from cooking.
(Fresh Start (5 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 months ago
Thanks so much Janette, we are stoked that you're loving the Fresh Start so far and the freshness means you get to take a night or 2 off cooking! - Mel Mozzarella
Find recipes very easy to follow, as I am not a great cook, but some delicious meals
(My Choice (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 months ago
Oh cool, thanks for the feedback Janette! We'll let the chefs know to keep up the good work, you'll be a great cook in no time! -Mel Mozzarella
I have been using MFB since September as part of a weightloss programme. I have enjoyed the amazing variety and the light meals has taken out any stress around portion control or having the right balanced nutrition, and there is always enough for lunch the next day!! I love it and look forward to Sunday morning when it is delivered!
(Fresh Start (5 Meals For 1)) - Posted 2 months ago
Hi Annette, thanks for your feedback! We are so excited to hear that the Fresh Start Bag has been making life a little tastier and easier! We'll pass on the feedback to our lovely Fresh Start team! - Mel Mozzarella
My Food Bag is rated 4.71 based on 2,436 reviews