My Food Bag Reviews

of reviewers recommend My Food Bag
Email, Live Chat, Telephone
Read My Food Bag Reviews

About My Food Bag:

We're your answer to "what's for dinner?" with fresh ingredients and easy recipes to cook delicious dinners, delivered to you.

hello@myfoodbag.co.nz

We are in our eighties and our children urged us to have Nadia's foodbag at least over the covid 19 period. They have been regulars of Nadia's food bag for some time. However we decided to "give it a try". We are both really enjoying the food bag - yes, lots of chopping and peeling and grating, but have got used to that now. I have learned lots of tips etc. and it is always exciting. The only thing is that when expected to take 30 mins, I take an hour!!! Glasses on all the time and backwards and forwards to the recipe etc but still really enjoying it. Have recommended the food bag to other old friends so hope they are thinking about it too. Well done Nadia!
(My Classic (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 5 months ago
I get the plant based bag. I’m pleased there is this option but please give me more plants - more nutritious greens. I always buy my own spinach or kale to top of the vegetables.

I would love a vegan/vegetarian option in the healthier low cal version. The meals are delicious but high calorie.
(My Plant Based Bag (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 10 months ago
I’ve been getting the my family 5 nights for 4 which is great value and the meals are really nice. I love the convenience and variety, the produce is great quality too. I love the vegetarian meals. I’d personally love to have an option where half the meals have meat and half are vegetarian.
(My Plant Based Bag (4 Nights For 4)) - Posted 10 months ago
Overall good. Only a couple of recipes I haven’t liked. Notice most meat is fried. What about roasting, grilling etc. was upset to learn that because I cancelled it for one week while on holiday 27/12 to 2/1 I was now ineligible for the 8 week prize. I think this is unfair for over the Christmas period.
(Fresh Start (5 Meals For 1)) - Posted 10 months ago
My food bag is great. Only disappointing thing is that they don’t collect the old boxes when delivering a new one. Have used competing services before and they do this. Now I have a pile of old boxes!
(My Classic (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 1 year ago
We like the flavours, not having to think about what to have for meals, the lack of waste - there is more than enough for 2 people on our plan, sometimes allowing lunch the next day. We are sold on it. Occasionally it takes longer to prepare than what is suggested but perhaps I just need to get more efficient in the kitchen! We are rapt with My Food Bag - thanks.
(Fresh Start (5 Nights For 2)) - Posted 1 year ago
My hubby and I started the Lite 10 food bag in January this year and we have not looked back since!
Not only is it healthy (which is enough incentive to keep using the service), the ingredients and poultry it provides are to a much higher standard than that found in the grocery store.
We mainly love it because it means we save so much time cutting out a weekly shop or thinking about what balanced meal we need to have in the week. Every night we live like kings and get restaurant-quality meals without having to do the planning, its amazing!
(Fresh Start (5 Nights For 2)) - Posted 1 year ago
Very happy with my meals which arrived promptly and fresh .I have now lost 28lbs which I,m delighted about but can’t seem to get those last few of but I will continue walking and just keep hoping for my goal in the twelve weeks Thanks Lidi couldn’t, have done it without you!,
(Fresh Start (5 Meals For 1)) - Posted 1 year ago
We have been enjoying the meals with the My Food Bag Gluten Free. What we have not been enjoying is the poor service. Since starting with Gluten Free Bag we have had more bags with food missing than we have had correct. Last week was the 2nd time it hasn't arrived on a Sunday, which messes up out whole week. While I appreciate things can go awry, even when the box arrived it came with the recipes for the previous week. No one returned my husbands call. And when we finally got the recipes via chat, many hours later, there were items missing, yet again. If there were other Gluten Free options on the market, which would work for my child with allergies I would change. I am only sticking with the box as there is no other option on the market currently.
(My Gluten Free (5 Nights For 4)) - Posted 4 months ago
Love My Food Bag, saves time,money,stress,don’t even have to think about what to have for dinner as it is done for us. We don’t get tempted to go out for dinner unless it’s for company as the meals we eat are definitely gourmet quality.
We are a retired couple and find the 4 nights food usually does us for lunches as well. We only go to the supermarket for basics and cleaners so are not tempted to impulse buy ...in case.
The insulation packaging I take to garden club as itis great for covers For worm farms and compost heaps. The ice packs go to the school and sports club for first aid, cardboard boxes are in dam and for storage and shifting. GREAT VALUE LITTLE WASTE
(My Gourmet (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 4 months ago
Totally love having these restaurant quality meals at home!!! And better still, when the food bag arrives, I have the week off cooking and my husband becomes the chef!!! How cool is that!!! Love it!!!!!!!!
(My Gourmet (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 4 months ago
We rate each meal with 1 to 5 ticks. So far, about 85% have had 5 ticks, 10% 4. None less than 3. Overall delicious, varied and nutritious. Generous servings. P.S. That marinated cashew feta was to die for!
(My Plant Based Bag (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 4 months ago
I told my children - I will learn to cook when you are at High School ... when I finish my volunteer job ... when you all leave home ... when I have finished studying ... ... ... and then Lockdown came, my husband couldn't be the designated shopper because of his health condition and I was working from home with more hours but no travel time.
My adult children surprised us with paying for My Food Bag for 2 months and I finally learnt to cook!!!
I love the home delivery, unboxing the food items, and then readying all the items in preparation to cook.
The food is fresh, delicious and nutritious and the cook well she isn't too old to learn, the cooking process is easy and enjoyable - no thinking what to eat and are all the ingredients in the house.
I have kept the payments going so Christmas in a box arrives still now!! Thanks my precious ones for the gift. Thanks My Food Bag Team
My Food Bag Review

Wow! Where do I start?
Over the last 10 years, My Food Bag has been our lifeline in the most challenging of times and, more recently, while trying to reduce our supermarket contact time during COVID-19.
This has been a huge consideration for using this excellent service.

How do you manage to shop for, and feed, a family of 4 (and then some) who have had to travel, who have had to get kids to and from school and sports, and who are now managing to cater for a loved one suffering from dementia and in recent times, have had only one designated shopper allowed.
And what about managing food preferences and specific dietary requirements?

So whatever the package, 5 nights for 4, or 4 nights for 2, My Food Bag has managed to assist us with prompt deliveries of nutritious ingredients that cater to a wide variety of tastes, in a wide variety of situations.
Having the menus, recipes and ingredients up front allows for flexibility around different schedules and tastes while still making cooking times and processes quick and easy.
Using My Food Bag, we’ve also managed to get other family members cooking so there’s not always one designated chef!!
Mix and match of ingredients has also been an option and an interesting challenge.
Whatever package we’ve purchased, the portions are always generous and have often allowed us to send our out-of-home loved-ones away with good food to sustain them during the week.
We also love the additional extras, including but limited to – Easter biscuits and ANZAC cookies

To Nadia and your foodie experts – please keep it up!
You’re helping NZ eat better and healthier!
(My Classic (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 5 months ago
I receive My Food Bag weekly and I’ve really enjoyed the range of food and ease of cooking the bag offers. It has helped me expand my taste, built my confidence in cooking, and has made me realise how easy it is to cook healthy home made meals 5x a week.
(Fresh Start (5 Nights For 4)) - Posted 6 months ago
After getting the wrong delivery this Monday and the nightmare it took to get in touch with someone to rectify I was told there was a my food bag fit left and wld b sent to me as a replacement Tuesday. I got an email confirming this too. Tuesday came and went but assumed as I am Far North I cld expect it Wednesday. I called 10am that morning to follow up as no notification that it had bee sent and was told it was definitely enroute and shld b to me by 11.30am and to call if not ther by 12pmish. I waited till just before 1pm to call and follow up to be told that if I hadnt got it Tuesday then they doubted if it was coming at all. Sure enough they were right. I am to b credited and given a 30% discount on next order which I appreciate but is very Mickey mouse and it was said that there were issue with NZ Post but Mondays issues were solely with My Food Bag. They gave me the wrong order it was delivered no problems.
(Fresh Start Fit (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 6 months ago
Hi Ula,

Firstly we are so sorry for the experience you have had this week, not only with your delivery being incorrect, but then not receiving the correct box at all! We can only imagine your frustration and to be honest we would feel exactly the same. We have our operations team following up these issues, with our depot and with NZ post so we can be sure we won't have these issues moving forward. Thank you very much for this feedback and we hope to make this up to you in future.

Kindest,
Mel Mozzarella
We've really valued the ease and nutrition of MY Food Bag in two situations in the last 18 months, firstly during a period of cancer treatment for my husband and secondly during COVID 19 lockdown. In both cases having a box of food and recipes delivered weekly to the doorstep greatly reduced my personal stress in needing to provide nutritious and varied meals to our family of 4. Both my children (aged 12 and 6yrs) have taken on a cooking night each which has been a real joy in times of increased anxiety for us all. The only change I would like to see is less meat based in the family and classic meals. Our ideal would be a week of meals that had: 1 fish, 1 chicken, 1 vegetarian, 1 beef and 1 other (bacon, lamb, schnitzel, etc). Huge thanks for you My Food Box -I've recently recommended your service to my Mum and now she has joined up too. Emily (Nelson)
(My Family (5 Nights For 4)) - Posted 7 months ago
My Food Bag has been a great way to try out new meal options that we normally wouldn't try at home. We have also picked up new cooking techniques that are fool-proof. We find that there is less stress having nutritional meals ready to fix after a long day at work. The Classic plan for 2 is perfect for us!
(My Classic (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 8 months ago
I feel My Food Bag is super convenient for me and suits my lifestyle. I enjoy trying new meals and learning to cook with new ingredients. I don't love the cost! Vegetarian food bag costs MORE than ones with meat - $20 per meal. Which is a high cost for convenience?
(My Veggie (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 8 months ago
1st Was a little disappointed that the lettuce didn’t last until the 4th day was slimy around the edges. 2nd week on the 2nd day some of the cherry tomatoes were shrivelled up. But overall meals are nice.
(My Classic (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 10 months ago